Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I'm intrigued by the Moshi keyboard cover. I wonder if it would make the new 2016 MBP keyboard a bit less noisy? On the flipside, I wonder if covering the keyboard affects how the MBP releases heat? I've heard that Apple counts on all air holes/spaces in how it manages removing heat from inside. A relevant concern or overanalyzing things?

I ordered the Radtech screen saver/keyboard cover as well.
I remember reading discussions about the topic you brought up. After doing research, I came to the conclusion, that having a keyboard cover wouldn't be a problem on my late 2011 and it hasn't been.

I have been using my new MBP for just under 2 hours now and while the keyboard is noticeable, I don't find it any louder than my late 2011. I do think that the new cover will soften the sound a little more.

I am really liking the late 2016 13" base MBP. The keyboard feel and response is so much better than the 2011. The sound on this Mac is amazing. It is like night and day from what I had been using.

Reactions: groundcontrol

groundcontrol

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2014
Toronto, ON, Canada
I remember reading discussions about the topic you brought up. After doing research, I came to the conclusion, that having a keyboard cover wouldn't be a problem on my late 2011 and it hasn't been.

I have been using my new MBP for just under 2 hours now and while the keyboard is noticeable, I don't find it any louder than my late 2011. I do think that the new cover will soften the sound a little more.

I am really liking the late 2016 13" base MBP. The keyboard feel and response is so much better than the 2011. The sound on this Mac is amazing. It is like night and day from what I had been using.

Thanks @BasicGreatGuy. That is very helpful information. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

moosington

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Does anyone have a Small Field Muzetto from Waterfield and one of the new 13" MBPs? I'm really curious to see how it fit in there. As I understand it, the medium is made for the original 13" wearing a sleeve.

I'm looking for a minimal bag to fit my 13" MBP + 9.7" iPad + charger + Bose headphones if anyone has any other suggestions.

Awjvail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Has anybody ordered a dbrand skin for the new MBP? I'm seeing they're up for preorder but there are no dates or timeframes.

I've emailed them twice but they haven't got back to me.

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
Has anybody ordered a dbrand skin for the new MBP? I'm seeing they're up for preorder but there are no dates or timeframes.

I've emailed them twice but they haven't got back to me.

I ordered one in black leather for the top of mine. Like you already said, they're only showing as pre-order only with no ship date listed yet.

Reactions: nikster0029

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
I ordered one in black leather for the top of mine. Like you already said, they're only showing as pre-order only with no ship date listed yet.

I just ordered black leather for top and bottom as well. Hopefully they are good quality and feel like real leather. does anyone else have experience with these skins? I have used slick wraps before and it was excellent. I hope they ship soon.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2006
I just picked up my Waterfield case too. The typeface on the case is really pretty and I picked it up in person. The people seemed happy, well paid and it felt good getting a thanks from Gary himself. Definitely don't feel bad paying a little more for a product made in my backyard by happy people.

Reactions: groundcontrol

groundcontrol

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2014
Toronto, ON, Canada
Anyone have any cheaper alternatives to the Joli sleeves?

PicasoLab on Etsy has some very nice ones. Very well reviewed and even endorsed by Steve Wozniak. Slightly lower price in US $ than the Joli sleeves cost in Euros. Looks like they can engrave your name or company name on the sleeve as well.

Here are two models. There may be others to look at.

Brown/Red
https://www.etsy.com/listing/102767312/handmade-macbook-pro-retina-12-or-13-or

Black/Red
https://www.etsy.com/listing/114141982/handmade-macbook-pro-retina-12-or-13-or?ref=related-1

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I just picked up my Waterfield case too. The typeface on the case is really pretty and I picked it up in person. The people seemed happy, well paid and it felt good getting a thanks from Gary himself. Definitely don't feel bad paying a little more for a product made in my backyard by happy people.

I bought a WaterField sleeve case for my 13" MacBook 8 years ago. I kept on using the case after I got an 11" MBA three years later, and I intend to use it with the 13" MBP I have on order. It's held up very well, except for the velcro fastener, which the company repaired at no charge.

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Any ETA on the Incase ICON for the new Macbooks?

Will the 13" Air ICON case fit the Macbooks? I think they might?

CarbonX

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Singapore
Am actually considering RadTech ScreenSavrz and RadSleevz, but not too sure if the new keyboard will still leave marks on the screen to warrant the need for the ScreenSavrz.

Anyway, has anyone ever used these two products before? Do they keep the oil off the screen really well?

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Any ETA on the Incase ICON for the new Macbooks?

Will the 13" Air ICON case fit the Macbooks? I think they might?

I think the closest fit will be the iPad Pro 12.9.

The dimensions are the closest but the only outlier is that the thickness is pretty different between the two.

I'm curious on whether someone is able to try the Incase Icon for iPad Pro for the 13 Inch macbooks. Pretty sure that the slim sleeves will fit but curious about that as well.

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2012
PicasoLab on Etsy has some very nice ones. Very well reviewed and even endorsed by Steve Wozniak. Slightly lower price in US $ than the Joli sleeves cost in Euros. Looks like they can engrave your name or company name on the sleeve as well.

Here are two models. There may be others to look at.

Brown/Red
https://www.etsy.com/listing/102767312/handmade-macbook-pro-retina-12-or-13-or

Black/Red
https://www.etsy.com/listing/114141982/handmade-macbook-pro-retina-12-or-13-or?ref=related-1

Sorry if this has been asked. But are these for the latest new release 13" MBPR?

hollandog

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2014
I have the Diesel Denim sleeve for 13" for few years and I loved it.
So I got the last 15" one on eBay for a premium. It's been discontinued.

df20b38ec03960cfe66e5ef7a29763cd.jpg

Reactions: zokstar

Rkuda

macrumors regular
May 23, 2016
Does anyone have a Small Field Muzetto from Waterfield and one of the new 13" MBPs? I'm really curious to see how it fit in there. As I understand it, the medium is made for the original 13" wearing a sleeve.

I'm looking for a minimal bag to fit my 13" MBP + 9.7" iPad + charger + Bose headphones if anyone has any other suggestions.

I bought a 11" laptop size muzzetto when I used a 13" 2013 rMBP and it fit fine. The flap was raised just a little. But it didn't bother me as I liked you could see a bit more of the colored patch.

I also used the suede sleeve with it as a previous muzzetto bag managed to smooth out the finish on a 11" MBA some years prior to that where their logo patch rubbed on the laptop.

I think the new ones have a dedicated laptop pouch that should hopefully negate the need for any other protection.

Edit:

Some further details about what I could fit:

I would also carry my iPad in the back pocket. Most recently the 9.7" pro with Smart Keyboard. The charger in the front made a pretty tight fit when I would take it. No way could I get a headphone case inthe bag as well.

The bag properly sized for the 13" might have enough room for headphones as well potentially.

Last edited:
Reactions: moosington

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Anyone find any skins for the 13"? Specifically a clear one. There's a bunch with color or gaudy art, but I haven't found a clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: tiggidi

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Can anyone point me towards a list of quality sleeves that are either designed for or properly compatible (snug fits) with the tMBP 15"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.