Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
I must say that so far I'm very disappointed with the cases on offer. My MBP should arrive in a couple of weeks and I have not found a suitable sleeve. Those on offer seem to be - ugly/ill-fitting/poorly designed.

The best I have seen is that felt Inateck one but I'm still not entirely sure if it will fit my 15 inch touch bar properly.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I've stuck with the Icon for my new MBP as there's only about half an inch of space in the sleeve and it it a really nice sleeve which balances protection and form very nicely.

Mbp15buyer

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2016
@timeless, how much protection would you say the corners of the MB are afforded with that case? I'm a bit concerned about chafing from the zipper.

Also - anyone find any reasonably thin keyboard covers for the new keyboards w/ touchbar?
[doublepost=1479686604][/doublepost]
I got tomtoc for my 15" laptop and it's pecfect fit , you can try it~ View attachment 672907

Could you possibly post a few pictures of the fit? Thanks!

Time Less

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Planet Earth
IMG_0295.JPG
@timeless, how much protection would you say the corners of the MB are afforded with that case? I'm a bit concerned about chafing from the zipper.

Also - anyone find any reasonably thin keyboard covers for the new keyboards w/ touchbar?
[doublepost=1479686604][/doublepost]

Could you possibly post a few pictures of the fit? Thanks!

I think the corners should be ok since the zipper is on the outside and is blocked by the padding.

PowerUser

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2016
I was thinking about this sleeve from SF bags because it is made for the new Macbook Pro's, but then I saw the price. What am I missing, why is it worth $99 - $141 depending on if you want a shoulder strap?

I don't mind spending that much for quality, but that sleeve should be 1/4 of the price it is. It doesn't even look like it has corner protection.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/macbook-cases/products/maxwell-macbook-sleeve#product-tabs1

I guess I'll get the Thule or Incase instead (however, they both piss me off because neither seems to acknowlege the new MacBook Pro's at all on their websites).

Reactions: SFbags

irisisi

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2016

Angela107

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2016
Seattle
Reactions: Ma2k5

schmidti91

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2016
Eisenach, Germany
How soft is the wool? Is the inside of the sleeve also wool? Also, do you know if they deliver to the US?

http://www.pack-smooch.com/en/

I don't have it yet but you can check the reviews on Amazon (maybe Amazon.co.uk) for their sleeves for other Apple products. People are loving it. It's very high quality because it's 100% wool. It has the same material on the inside. The wool is from Germany and the leather from Italy. I should have it by tomorrow or the day after

They're shipping to the US for 5,90€. I think there was someone here who got it delivered to Australia or so within 3 or 4 days. I think...

You can use fb10off for a 10% discount. Someone shared the code here

Reactions: dexterie

deliriumxy

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2016
I'd like to get an Incase ICON sleeve for the new MBP 13" w/touchbar. I was wondering if anyone has tried the case for the MB Air or 2015 MBP 13" w/retina? Does it fit the new MBP? If not, I'll just keep waiting for Incase to release the new sleeve for the new MBP.

In the meantime I've ordered: https://www.amazon.ca/Tomtoc-11-6-1...ie=UTF8&qid=1479742097&sr=8-5&keywords=tomtoc

A reviewer said it fits the new MBP 13" very well, it was fairly inexpensive, so I gave it a shot. It'll arrive later today and I'll post a review.

schmidti91

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2016
Eisenach, Germany
That was me who shared the code, glad it has gone to some good use. Anyone received their pack & smooch case yet? Mine has been shipped today so hope it will arrive soon

I already got the confirmation on Tuesday where only the label was created. In the email it said they would send it by the end of last week but until now nothing changed. I still don't have my Macbook I'm okay with that

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
This. I am waiting patiently for their superior foam protectant Tensaerlite

Not digging the Pack and Snooch - I think it looks like a purse and I don't like the 'click buttons' as over time that's the the kind of thing that could damage your MacBook.

Guess I'll have to wait for Incase to finally launch something as so far, nothing comes close.

EDIT - the buttons are magnetic in fact which is far more practical. Still not sold on the design although the materials are clearly high end.

Last edited:

coopercoop

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2016
This. I am waiting patiently for their superior foam protectant Tensaerlite
I was looking at this one, some people say the magnets at interfere with the macbook when you rest it on it. Do you think the magnets could possibly damage it?

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
I must say that so far I'm very disappointed with the cases on offer. My MBP should arrive in a couple of weeks and I have not found a suitable sleeve. Those on offer seem to be - ugly/ill-fitting/poorly designed.

The best I have seen is that felt Inateck one but I'm still not entirely sure if it will fit my 15 inch touch bar properly.

I've got the felt Inateck, delivered to my office today so I'll have it tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how the fit is. Price is really good though.

cosmindavid

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2016
London
We'll see. If the quality is crappy most Amazon sellers are willing to process a refund, and if they aren't then Amazon will.

Do you think I should get the clear one or the black one for the Space Gray Version? Which one do you think will look better?

BTW the case is great, i'm getting it.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Do you think I should get the clear one or the black one for the Space Gray Version? Which one do you think will look better?

BTW the case is great, i'm getting it.

I'm probably going to get a clear case for my space gray MBP so that it's protected, but the "space grayness" shows through.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.