Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImAlwaysRight

macrumors 6502a
n8grey said:
Does anyone know if there is a slot on the side of the macbook to store the remote like the macbook pro?
You're thinking of the iMac, a desktop computer. There is no place to store the remote on or in the MacBook or MBP.

busasa said:
Has anyone discovered that the new macbook weighs around 5.2 lb whereas the 15" mb pro weighs around 5.6.

I don't know, but 5.2lb isn't exactly prortable.... BRING OUT the sub 4lb notebook please!
Its not just the weight, but also the size. The MacBook 13.3" is a nice portable size, IMHO, while the 15.4" is a little large to be a portable machine. As someone else pointed out, the iBook weighed 4.9lbs, so 5.2 isn't that much of an increase. (Everyone knows the second core weighs 0.3lbs heavier. :rolleyes: )

n8grey

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2006
ImAlwaysRight said:
You're thinking of the iMac, a desktop computer. There is no place to store the remote on or in the MacBook or MBP.

My mistake sorry. I thought for some reason that the iMac had a magnet that held the remote to the side of the computer and the MacBook Pro had a slot the remote slid into.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
I actually like the look of the keyboard, for some reason, it looks some what less bulky and more, for lack of a better word, 'futuristic'.

I just have one question though, what is the texture like on these things? In the pictures I've seen the black looks like a matte finish while the white still looks glossy white.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What about Boot-Camp?! The processor is quite capable but I really need to load WinXP Pro SP2;

I'm set on either waiting another 30 more days and NO LONGER! OR. Getting approved for an Apple credit & finance this or a MBP with 128/256MB Memory. Either way I want full performance; although I love the look of the MacBook Black (is BACK). Not that 64MB would hurt me as I already run the intel graphics on my Optiplex GX260. SIMS 2 in WinXP seriously has halts even at 1024x768 resolution; not at full whistle.

> I miss playing games but I want to live the OS X lifestyle.
> I need to load WinXP Pro. My job requires me to stay current.
> MacBook's keyboard looks like a serious dust & crumb depository.:eek:

My next computer will be a Mac (iMac is great value but I need portability.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Wow I must say that the MacBook's are pretty awesome, but the Integrated Graphics is what is killing me. To me a MacBook and a Mac-Mini are essentially the same from the perspective of speed for graphics intensive apps. I'm glad I have my G4, at least I have a Graphics Processor and don't waste 80MB of my RAM going towards Graphics. The DDR2 though is what is gaining it momentum.

igentz

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
Fresno, CA
macbook games

Has Anyone Yet to play any games on the macbook? i want one but id like to play some games, ill use it mostly for web and basic video editing, has anyone really tested the gaming capiblity?:confused: i would like to get one very soon!:)

vccavtech

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2006
Prom1 said:
What about Boot-Camp?! The processor is quite capable but I really need to load WinXP Pro SP2;

I'm set on either waiting another 30 more days and NO LONGER! OR. Getting approved for an Apple credit & finance this or a MBP with 128/256MB Memory. Either way I want full performance; although I love the look of the MacBook Black (is BACK). Not that 64MB would hurt me as I already run the intel graphics on my Optiplex GX260. SIMS 2 in WinXP seriously has halts even at 1024x768 resolution; not at full whistle.

> I miss playing games but I want to live the OS X lifestyle.
> I need to load WinXP Pro. My job requires me to stay current.
> MacBook's keyboard looks like a serious dust & crumb depository.:eek:

My next computer will be a Mac (iMac is great value but I need portability.
i now see what your talking about with the keyboard, will collect dust over time, but i think a can of air will help that.

gmanrique

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Screen angle when opened

How does the angle of the screen and the body of the computer compares with the MBP when it is fully opened? I know some MBP users were complaining about that, mainly because it could not be used in the lap. Now, I know that the heat issue pretty much rules this out as well but still I was curious about that.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
igentz said:
Has Anyone Yet to play any games on the macbook? i want one but id like to play some games, ill use it mostly for web and basic video editing, has anyone really tested the gaming capiblity?:confused: i would like to get one very soon!:)
The Macbook was just released! I'm not sure how anyone can play games on it, yet. Here's something though, someone played Half-life 2 full speed on an iiMac. It was amazing.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
At first I wasn't to happy about the glossy screen, but I may have changed my mind since I got back from Costco. Every laptop they had (probably about 10 from 4 different brands) had a glossy screen.

I guess glossy screens are the future.

Edit: And Dell considers glossy screens a $50 upgrade, so I guess Apple was doing us a favor.

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
fblack said:
...Perhaps this intel graphics chip is different, perhaps it can smoke my old machine. Fine. But aren't these books primarily targeted at the school crowd? Arent there many casual gamers in that crowd? As others have pointed out this is not a machine for gaming. So what is up with that? It just doesn't seem to be asking much for the higher end macbook to have a real vid card, to justify a higher price...

It could use IIG to keep the price down, or it could be due to space concerns. If you look at how closely packed the Mac Mini is you can see why the GMA 950 was the choice--the reasoning behind including it in the MacBook may be similar.

The college crowd will be plenty happy with their purchase of the Wii in a few months, until then they have Boot Camp to play Spider Solitaire.

wixtech

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
What's black or white and I won't be buying one?

I visited an Apple store today and got to spend some quality time with the new MacBook. The bottomline, I left the store empty handed and confused as to what my next Mac should be. The MacBook is nice, but I wasn't blown away. If you're interested in some first-hand impressions, check out the blog http://wixtech.blogspot.com/.

wowjerry

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
is that enough for me?

-Integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics with 64 MB shared graphics memory

is that enough for me? :D :D

Actually, it will be first time to use Mac 'cause i have used PC
So, sometimes I need to use WinXP when I do MFC. (I prefer not to use BOOTCAMP, I hope I use software like VMWARE)

and, is it possible to upgrade VRAM to 128MB or something?

vccavtech

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2006
wowjerry said:
-Integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics with 64 MB shared graphics memory

is that enough for me? :D :D

Actually, it will be first time to use Mac 'cause i have used PC
So, sometimes I need to use WinXP when I do MFC. (I prefer not to use BOOTCAMP, I hope I use software like VMWARE)

and, is it possible to upgrade VRAM to 128MB or something?
what is boot camp?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.