Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
The printing issues with Adobe products that were corrected, for me, with PB4, have returned with a vengeance. Photoshop CS6 will not print. Acrobat 11 which wouldn't print prior to PB4 (fixed in PB4) is now back to not being able to print in PB5. Acrobat Reader, which was able to print in all PBs through PB4, won't print in PB5.

Lou

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
Anyone having luck getting Quickbooks Mac to run on this weeks Beta? Still having issues and Intuit says it should run.

genimac

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
Wondering the same thing... I need that and Box Sync to work and I'll take the plunge.
Box Sync version 4.0.7702 (current on MacUpdate and box.com) works for me.
I just had a problem installing it. Opening the application from the .dmg file didn't install it and put a wrong link on System Preferences. I had to copy it to applications folder and start from there, then verified that it appears on System Preferences --> Users and Groups --> Startup items and it worked.
Trying to install QuickBooks now.

Reactions: OperatorJ81

OperatorJ81

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2015
Box Sync version 4.0.7702 (current on MacUpdate and box.com) works for me.
I just had a problem installing it. Opening the application from the .dmg file didn't install it and put a wrong link on System Preferences. I had to copy it to applications folder and start from there, then verified that it appears on System Preferences --> Users and Groups --> Startup items and it worked.
Trying to install QuickBooks now.

Thanks for the info. Anxiously awaiting your experience with QB. Right now I am running 10.11.6 public release and I have to force restart my 13" rMBP at least twice a day. Not good for a non-beta OS.

genimac

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
Reactions: OperatorJ81

OperatorJ81

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2015
Tried but QB its not working. And as on they support forum they will not release a sierra version until it is final. https://community.intuit.com/articl...-quickbooks-for-mac-running-on-mac-os-x-10-12

Ha, I actually got an email from Intuit saying that QB 14/15/16 for Mac will not work with the Sierra beta. And I either need to not install the beta, or move to the Quickbooks online subscription (which is far more expensive, so I'm holding out as long as I can).

chassey4

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2010
Just installed Sierra and wanted to see what works. So far from my testing the below work for me.

MOD EDIT: This is a wiki post, which is editable by anyone with the appropriate rights. Please update this post with compatible and incompatible apps to ensure the list is comprehensive. For apps with limited compatibility, please include a link to your post explaining the limitations. The lists are in alphabetical order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compatible

1Password 6
2Do
4D v15.2
Accordance Bible
Adapter
Adium (requires manual connection)
Adobe Acrobat Pro 10
Adobe Acrobat Pro 11.0.16
Adobe Acrobat DC
Adone Acrobat Reader DC
Adobe Bridge CS6
Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Affinty Photo
Airmail 3
Airy YouTube Downloader
Alfred 3
Amphetamine
Apple Remote Desktop
AppZapper
Atom 1.7.4
BackBlaze 4.0.5.934
Banktivity 5 (formerly iBank)
Bartender 2 (Test Release)
Better Rename 9
BetterTouchTool
BetterSnapTool
BitTorrent Sync
Blackmagic Disk Speed Test
Caffeine
CARROT Weather
Chatology
Checkbook Pro
Chrome 51.0.2704.84
Cloudmagic
Commander One
coconutBattery
Coda
Continuity Activation Tool
CustomMenu 2.12
DaisyDisk
Dark Boot 4.0.6
Day One v2
Deliveries 2.0.1
Discord
Disk Inventory X
Disk Sensei
Disk Warrior 5.0
Downie 2.3.9
Drobo Dashboard
Dropbox
Dropshare
Duet (with iOS 10, although a bit choppy) (DP5 causes app to try & reinstall, won't reinstall)
EazyDraw 8.3.1 (new version)
Elmedia Player
Evernote
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Fan
Fantastical 2
Fetch 5.7.5
Final Cut Pro X (launches but have not used)
FileZilla
Firefox
Flux
Folx Download Manager
Font Book (fixed in second beta)
F5 Big-IP Edge Client (VPN) - Now works in Public Beta 2
GhostTile
Google Drive Desktop App
Handbrake
HardwareGrowler
Hardware Monitor
HoudahSpot 4.2.1
iBackup (for iAccount iOS) - needs legacy java
iBooks
iDrive 3.4.0.15
iFlicks 2
iSkySoft iTube Studio 5.7.1
iStat Menu 5.11
iStat Pro
IVI Pro
Itsycal
Kindle (as of second Sierra seed)
Kodi
LastPass
Letterspace v1.6.4
Little Snitch Nightly build 3.7 (https://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html)
LogMeIn
Magnet
MacMiner
Malwarebytes
Microsoft Office 2008 (as of 16A294a)
Microsoft Office 2011 (All Applications)
Microsoft Office 2016
Microsoft OneDrive Personal (as of Public Beta 4)
Microsoft Remote Desktop
Mindnode
Minecraft 1.10
Moom
Mountain
MPlayer OSX Extended
MySQL Workbench 6.3.6
Nik Collection
OmniFocus 2.5.3
OmniGraffle 6.0.4 (quite old)
OmniGraffle 5.4.4 (even older)
OpenEmu
Opera
Outside 1.1.5
ownCloud Client 2.2.0
PaintCode 2.4.2
Parallels 11.2.0
PDF Expert
Pinegrow Web Editor v2.9
Pixelmator (Magic Wand causes crash every time it is used, other than that no other observed issues)
Plex
Pocket 1.6.2
Polar FlowSync 2.6.4
PopClip
PrintCheck
Pyware versions 8.0.1 and higher (due to using Oracle's Java and not the old MRJ)
Quicken 2007
Quicken 2015
Quicken 2016
QuickSleep 1.0.2
Quiver 3.0.2
Radio Silence
Reeder
Remotix
ScreenConnect
Scrivener
ScummVM
Shazam
Sketch 3.8.3 by Bohemian Coding
SketchUp 2016
Skitch 2.7.8
Skype 7.30 (274)
Slack 2.0.3
Spark 0.2.3.18
Spotify (although slow to launch and ever the memory hog)
Steam (Code signature error, needs to be manually signed)
Stickies 10.0
StuffIt Expander
Subler
SuperDuper
SyncMate
TechTool Pro 8 & 9
Telegram (As of 6/20 update is unstable: https://macos.telegram.org)
Telegram Desktop
Text Expander 5.1.4
Text Wrangler
Textual 5
The Unarchiver
Transmission
Transmit
Trim Enabler
TunnelBear
TunnelBlick
Tweetbot 2.4 (though sometimes, tweets appear blank or empty... closing/restarting Tweetbot fixes the issue temporarily.)
Twitter
Vivaldi Web Browser (1.2.490.39) (64-bit)
VLC
WhatsApp Desktop
Yummy FTP
xAct
XLD

Limited Compatibility

Aperture 3.6 (limitations listed in Sierra release notes)
Acrobat Pro 11.0.16 - Will not Print. Fixed in PB4.
CleanMyMac 3 will prompt to install a beta release that supports Sierra (3.5b2)
Fusion 8.1.1 (see this post)
gfxCardStatus (displays GPU status, but will always force discrete GPU since gfxCardStatus "requires" the discrete GPU)
GIMP (Default language changed, now stops loading)
Hazel (some rules do not work)
Logic Pro 9.1.8 (can crash intermittently)
Screenflow 5 and 6 (opens but nothing shows up when recording)
Simple Comic (will not install latest update but reads CBR files okay)
Sonos (Desktop) - Crashes if left open when computer goes to sleep, otherwise, functionality works as expected.
Splashtop Business (installs but will not always connect to remote computers, closing and restarting the app seems to fix this temporarily)
uTorrent (can crash in certain circumstances)
VM Ware Fusion 8 (Turn of 3D acceleration if you get an "Internal Error" . ** works in Public Beta 2)

Incompatible

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 (crashes on launch)
Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 (must reinstall Java 6, opens and functions, crashes on Save As...)
Adobe Illustrator CS6 (installer error, if update from prior OS, make work after reinstall Java 6)
Adobe InDesign CC (installs, but has some rendering issues when dragging objects)
Adobe Photoshop CS5 (crashes on close)
Adobe Photoshop CS6 (installer error, make work if update from prior OS)
Apptivate
AVG AntiVirus (doesn't open)
AVG Cleaner (crashes at launch)
BOX Sync (brings up Console, floods with errors, doesn't work at all)
BusyCal (crashes at launch)
Carbon Copy Cloner 4.19 (installs and opens for use but does not actually backup)
CCleaner (does not open)
Citrix Receiver
Contacts (Apple's Application) Crashes FOR SOME at launch
Disk Warrior (launches and works for a while but crashes in the end before replacing the rebuilt directory)
EazyDraw 7 (crashes at launch)
EtreCheck (crashes during scan)
Final Draft 9 (crashes at launch) (Update to 9.0.9 fixes problems)
Fluid (any apps made with Fluid crash on startup)
Freemacsoft LiteIcon 3.6.3 (Error message at launch even when SIP is disabled)
Greek Radio (icon has slash through it, Sierra throws error when launching)
Identify 551
Karabiner (needs major changes, not coming anytime soon)
Little Snitch 3.6.3 (see nightly build instead https://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html)
Logitech Control V3.93 Doesn't recognize my Logitech Performance Mouse (Logitech Unifying Software V1.2.315 works). What this means is that my Logitech Mouse is Recognized, but just the left and right buttons work along with the scroll wheel. None of the other buttons can be programmed Because Unifying Software does not recognize the mouse.
Maintenance (crashes at launch)
Onyx (crashes at launch)
MPlayerX
Movist ( crashes after some minutes)
Pulse Secure 5.2r2 (backend dsAccessService seg faults when run)
Pyware versions 8.0.0, 7, 6, and lower (due to Apple's MRJ Java--not able to be installed on 10.12)
Quicken Essentials for Mac 1.7.4 (icon has slash through it, Sierra throws error when launching)
RapidWeaver 7 (Opens projects and appears to work but crashes when previewing Site)
Razer Synapse 2.0. (Loads but can´t detect device)
Safari Technology Preview 9.1.2
Seil (needs major changes, not coming anytime soon)
Scansnap Manager (crashes while trying to save the PDF)\
SIMBL (SafariStand etc.)
Splashtop Streamer (installer will crash on fresh installs, but will stream if previously installed on El Cap then updated to Sierra)
SyncTwoFolders 2.19 (Crashes after selecting destination or target folder)
Ulysses (crashes at launch)
Yosemite Disk Utility patched for El Capitan (crashes at launch)
Microsoft OneDrive (Crashes at Launch) -- works for me -- works as of PB4
Western Digital Disk Tools (Complains about needing to be launched from Applications folder)
WhatsApp Desktop (always recommends moving to Application folder when it is already there, and will lose login details prompting QR scans every time OS restarts) -- ChitChat works for me
WriteRoom 2.5.1 (marked as incompatible)
ZenMate (makes initial VPN connection then disconnects)
[doublepost=1471633339][/doublepost]Feedly works fine. on earlier list

robert.j.wacker

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
I am still wondering about Adobe CS4 and with the most recent Public Beta being released I was wondering if it works or not? Has anyone tried CS4 out with MacOS Sierra Beta 4?

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^The latest Sierra PB is No. 5. I am using it with PS CS6 and Acrobat 11. After a rough start with earlier beta releases, and is now functioning as it should.

Lou

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2006
Can anyone confirm that Adobe CC apps are working right in the new beta? In particular InDesign and Photoshop?

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^As I said above, I am on PS CS6, but if you check the editable application list (First Post, Page 1) It lists PS CC as working. But, it does list a problem with InDesign.

Note - That's why the list was created - so you would look there first before asking a question.

Lou

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2006
^^^^As I said above, I am on PS CS6, but if you check the editable application list (First Post, Page 1) It lists PS CC as working. But, it does list a problem with InDesign.

Note - That's why the list was created - so you would look there first before asking a question.

Lou

Yes, I've seen the list. But InDesign was listed as having a problem in the first beta. Nobody has commented on if that was fixed or still persists in the most recent beta.

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota
DueT is not compatible. I hope they fix that because I use that one a lot together with my ipad. Hmmm, I just read another list that says it is compatible. However I got a message when I installed the Beta that said it was not. I must check this out.
[doublepost=1471828097][/doublepost]So I've got my Duet to kinda work, but my pointer is HUGE! How do I fix that?

I've updated to the next beta and now it doesn't work at all. It just keeps asking for an install and a mac restart.

Last edited:

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
DueT is not compatible. I hope they fix that because I use that one a lot together with my ipad. Hmmm, I just read another list that says it is compatible. However I got a message when I installed the Beta that said it was not. I must check this out.
[doublepost=1471828097][/doublepost]So I've got my Duet to kinda work, but my pointer is HUGE! How do I fix that?

I've updated to the next beta and now it doesn't work at all. It just keeps asking for an install and a mac restart.

Which beta are you running because it stopped working on DP5 but it's working again on DP6. I don't know about the Public Betas as I'm running the Developer Previews.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Which beta are you running because it stopped working on DP5 but it's working again on DP6. I don't know about the Public Betas as I'm running the Developer Previews.

You may want to include the build number for reference. PB5 is 16A294a.

Lou

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota
I just updated to the public beta 5, it was working before the update from beta 4.

I see I have another update to beta 6, so hopefully it will work after that.

Okay so even after the update to beta 6 i'm still in a loop of it installing and wanting a reboot then, after it does the reboot it's looking for it to be installed again and it says it needs a "helper"! Someone have any suggestions as to what I should try now?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.