Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

aepictures

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Adobe Premiere Pro CC, DaVinci Resolve and MPEG Streamclip work without problems?

Last edited:

KurianOfBorg

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2013
thank you. could you please explain what does that do and how it differs from smoothmouse. i would appreciate it.
This disables both the mouse sensitivity scaling and acceleration, meaning the cursor will move 1:1 with the mouse. If you have a low DPI mouse, then the cursor may be too slow. If you touch the sensitivity slider, the acceleration will return. You can only speed up the cursor by increasing the DPI on the mouse. You have to log out for it to take effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowscreen

Lagranger

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
A few of my critical 3rd party apps that continue to work fine on my MBPr-2015 after upgrading to Sierra:
  • Adobe Photoshop CS3 (upgraded in-place) [1]
  • MS Office 2016 (15.25.*) [2]
  • VMware Fusion 8.1.1 [3]
  • TextMate 1.5.11
  • SSH Tunnel Manager 2.2.6
  • Wireshark 2.0.1
[1] Had to (re-)install Apple Java, as with previous OSX releases [ https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572 ]. Didn't try fresh install. Didn't exhaustively test all PS functions yet but basic features seem to work ok.

[2] Excel/Word/etc. wouldn't launch properly after Sierra upgrade. Turns out I had slightly outdated versions of Office apps. Installed MS Office Updater [ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133674 ] which refreshed the individual apps. Works now.

[3] Works fine as is, but no big surprise as VMware had already announced it would be ready for Sierra.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Bartender was like that on El Capitan also, so I don't think this is anything new with Sierra.

https://www.macbartender.com/B2/system-item-setup/

worked correctly for me in el cap. and in the sierra betas. in the GM, when i have SIP disabled, i can't install the system item; when SIP is enabled, the option to install it is there, but can't be installed without disabling SIP. ah, well...

eyvind

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Fujitsu ScanSnap Manager now works (was listed as crashing trying to save the PDF file). I tested it with the GM and updated the wiki.

I've also tested CrossOver and added it to the working list.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
bartender 2 is not hiding spotlight here, UNLESS i run my mac with SIP disabled. working for you? crashplan worked AFTER i reinstalled (otherwise, would not open)...

El Cap kept spotlight outside of Bartender environment.... I'm a Beta Tester since the beginning of the Public Beta program... Bartender 2 Crashed every time I'd boot into Sierra from El Cap ..

I've being using Crashplan on my main system for the last 4 years or so and i leave my Beta drive non Crash plan since nothing is important on that drive .. my SIP switch is still active .. I went from El Cap to Sierra GM after my Crash Plan finished the backup and installed from there.. no re-install etc on my main drive ..

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
El Cap kept spotlight outside of Bartender environment.... I'm a Beta Tester since the beginning of the Public Beta program... Bartender 2 Crashed every time I'd boot into Sierra from El Cap ..

I've being using Crashplan on my main system for the last 4 years or so and i leave my Beta drive non Crash plan since nothing is important on that drive .. my SIP switch is still active .. I went from El Cap to Sierra GM after my Crash Plan finished the backup and installed from there.. no re-install etc on my main drive ..

you could install the bartender helper (with SIP disabled), and hide spotlight. did that thru el cap, and the sierra betas. only difference at the moment; in the sierra GM, i have to LEAVE SIP disabled to hide the spotlight icon.

crashplan's been fine for me thru the betas, altho sometimes requiring a re-install after an OS update.
[doublepost=1473555465][/doublepost]
same here. :( XLD doesn't work.

there's a XLD update that fixes XLD in sierra, been using it for a while (and works in the GM)

yurc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2016
inside your DSDT
Genymotion (android emulator for dev and testing app) crash on start....googling not give any nice result.
Not tested in GM though.

I think Apple should stop annual OSX updates...this is not okay for dev and production machine which rely on their current working stable program...this is not iOS...i better paid OSX and get long amount of updates for new features and bug fixes instead annual fixing broken stuff caused by new OS each year....ugh

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Patterns - The Regex App (from the MAS) is incompatible. Won't even launch, and has a circle with a line through it over its icon.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.