Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I just updated to the public beta 5, it was working before the update from beta 4.

I see I have another update to beta 6, so hopefully it will work after that.

Okay so even after the update to beta 6 i'm still in a loop of it installing and wanting a reboot then, after it does the reboot it's looking for it to be installed again and it says it needs a "helper"! Someone have any suggestions as to what I should try now?

Duet is not working again on DP7 which is PB6 also. It's back to the install loop

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
Duet is not working again on DP7 which is PB6 also. It's back to the install loop

I've submitted another bug report to Apple as well as letting the guys at Duet know about it. I think that's about all we can do. After updating to Build (16A304a), it installs fine but when I go to click on the app on my Mac, the Duet icon just flashes on/off in menu bar as if it is looping as well. My guess is, if these aren't GMs of Sierra, we are probably getting very close. Maybe like 2 weeks out, tops..?

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
Bankitiviy broke on Beta 6 and still not working on beta 7. I always wondered why some apps can be
stable through out the whole beta period and some just hang by a string until they break

genimac

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
Cocktail has been released for Sierra, just received their mail, can be download on their homepage.
Done some tests and runs and no problem with it.

Theophilos

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
California
I am unable to edit the wiki, but I nonetheless wanted to mention that BusyCal 3 is working flawlessly for me on PB7 running on a Mac Pro (2013) and an rMBP (mid-2012).

KetchupRob

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2016
Whatsapp works for me. Version 0.2.1455 (0.2.1455)
[doublepost=1472637984][/doublepost]And Nuro Version 1.5.0 (1.5.0) works for me too.

FYI, this is for the latest PB7

KetchupRob

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2016
Outlook version 15.26 (160824) is a bit buggy, it works with Office 365 Exchange email accounts, but not with Gmail accounts.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
New version of Duet only seems to be available on their site. If you try to update from Duet app it says Up To Date but version 1.5.8.8 is available from Duet's site and seems to fix issues.

Reactions: OperatorJ81

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota
New version of Duet only seems to be available on their site. If you try to update from Duet app it says Up To Date but version 1.5.8.8 is available from Duet's site and seems to fix issues.

Hmmm... that is where I was getting it from. I'll try again when I get home. Is the correct site duetdisplay.com?

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota
Yes and just click the download Mac button, it should be duet-1-5-8-8.zip

Nope it just stays in the loop of installing the app.

So I had my hubby install on his Mac and his worked perfectly. Mine not so much. What now?

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Anybody got a good replacement for Jason Pulsipher's Identify? It doesn't launch with macOS Sierra, instead providing a message that it's incompatible with this version of macOS. There's a blog post on the Identify support website saying that Jason has retired the program...

Effective immediately, iDentify is being retired, and though I may answer an occasional question, I will no longer be officially supporting it. In the coming days, it will be removed from the MAS and MacUpdate. Since iDentify’s functions do not rely on any services I maintain, it will continue until… well.. until it doesn’t.

Need a replacement quick.

Kurto220

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2016
Intego x9 compatibility anyone?
The're having a sale this weekend, but I won't buy if not compatible with Sierra.

OperatorJ81

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2015
Just got a QuickBooks update to v17.1.5 R6 (build 332)... anyone try this new update on Sierra yet?

EDIT: Took the plunge after doing some research. QB2016 is working on GM release with the above listed build.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.