Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
I love Battlestar Galactica.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 227

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
Absolutely loving Tiger

Finally got my new PowerBook G4, and I'm absolutely loving Mac OS X Tiger. I snatched this desktop picture from the Nature Patterns screensaver package.

Kosher Terror

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Oakland
puckhead193 said:
I like the sydney opera house one. Did you take it yourself or find it online, if so can i have the link
I took it myself on a recent trip to Syndey, do you mind if I just put it on my iDisk in the public folder and then just give you the name. You can PM me to tell me the answer.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Daveway said:
May #4. Waiting for vacation.

It's so weird. I noticed that I have so many of the same backgrounds as you. I think this is the 3rd one this month that we both share.

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
allexsimmons said:
How did you Get this Picture?

In the finder, go to Macintosh HD>System>Library>Screen Savers. In there, you see a listing of all the screensavers on your system. Right click on any of the .slideSaver packages, and go to 'Show Package Contents'. You'll get a new finder window with a folder called Contents. Open that up, and go into the Resources folder where you will see a listing of images -- all the Nature Patterns images used for the screensaver. You can copy/paste these anywhere in your system and then apply as your desktop background.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Shadows desktop

mine the backgrounds wicked i think

Attachments

• shadowdesk.jpg
    shadowdesk.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 175

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Hello i recently got a dual display and i wanted to take advantage of some backgrounds that span the entire length of the two displays. DOes anyone know of a good site that has multiple screen backdrops and how to set them up. I downloaded some but it it seems like the same picture just pops up on both screens and it looks squished together.

ScottDodson

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2003
Chicago
markjones05 said:
Hello i recently got a dual display and i wanted to take advantage of some backgrounds that span the entire length of the two displays. DOes anyone know of a good site that has multiple screen backdrops and how to set them up. I downloaded some but it it seems like the same picture just pops up on both screens and it looks squished together.

hey I run dual as well, and always have this question on where to get quality dual backgrounds...

I found deviant art usually has a decent selection of dual's
Dual Backgrounds Just check the "browse dual-display" link. As a sidenote, it seems that in the windows world (where I usually find most of my desktops) you can just download one huge image, and it puts them on their respective screens, unlike OS X where you must designate each monitors picture. My suggestion would (obviously) be that you would need some image editing software to slice the large "extended" picture in half, then seperate them. I typically use photoshop with a fixed aspect ratio selection box...then copy/paste. What kind of images are you looking for, I have a small collection of sliced up photos I could maybe send you :cool:

BlackDan

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2004
Belgium
ScottDodson said:
hey I run dual as well, and always have this question on where to get quality dual backgrounds...

I found deviant art usually has a decent selection of dual's
Dual Backgrounds Just check the "browse dual-display" link. As a sidenote, it seems that in the windows world (where I usually find most of my desktops) you can just download one huge image, and it puts them on their respective screens, unlike OS X where you must designate each monitors picture. My suggestion would (obviously) be that you would need some image editing software to slice the large "extended" picture in half, then seperate them. I typically use photoshop with a fixed aspect ratio selection box...then copy/paste. What kind of images are you looking for, I have a small collection of sliced up photos I could maybe send you :cool:

Well, this is not standard in Windows either. NVIDIA has drivers that support this feature yes, but standard windows XP for instance does not. I at work have both screens displaying the same picture with absolutely NO possibility to either stretch 1 image or use 2 different ones across my dual-screen desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.