Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Cool, but how do get them down under 100 kb...???

I have them scale down to 800x600.

Automator does not yet have an action to allow you to set a file size parameter, but I am sure this will come.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
ScottDodson said:
Man, I need tiger....like yesterday :(
You guys and all your fancy functions.

I'm really impressed with Tiger since my update CD arrived on Monday. Everything works as advertised.

Spotlight is absolutely perfect: fast and picks up all the changes I have made immediately. I showed it to a Windows user the other day and he was amazed. Then I showed him a search using classical Greek text (using OS X's unicode support) and he was absolutely blown away that it picked up every instance of that Greek term in all my documents and emails.

I thought that Dashboard would be fairly useless until I caught myself going to "Applications" to open the calculator for something. I also used Stickies a lot, but now use the Dashboard version.

Automator is brilliant and will only get better as more actions are released for it. Taking and converting screenshots used to be a laborious process for me, but now Automator does it all with one click.

I hate to sound like a total fanboi, but I cannot recommend Tiger enough.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Check this out (yes I rotate Desktops frequently).

I used an automator action to add "Aqua Desktop Picture" to a folder full of Aqua Style Desktop Pictures with one click. Automator opens up a dialogue and you can enter whatever Spotlight comments you wish to add. I am doing this to all my pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 257

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Needed something soft and soothing to keep my mind relaxed while I go through the nightmare that is moving.

Attachments

• may_greydesk.jpg
    may_greydesk.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 201

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That's awesome ham_man, did you take the picture yourself. Very suitable for Memorial Day. Also enjoy the winter scene. ;)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
wdlove said:
That's awesome ham_man, did you take the picture yourself. Very suitable for Memorial Day. Also enjoy the winter scene. ;)
No, but whoever did knew what they were doing...

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
I think they could have made the picture a lot better. Like this:

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 187
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.