Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keeping it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
The whole notion of rendering judgment on someone on account of the color they choose for their iPhone is ridiculous, if you ask me. This is America...choose whatever one you want!

Also, I don't subscribe to the notion of certain colors predominantly "belonging" to one class (in this case, gender) of person. If you like a color, go for it. There are plenty of truly important issues to worry about in the world in which we exist. Suffice to say, phone color is not one of them. And I don't say this to chide anyone who asked for opinions related to the idea of men having a Rose Gold iPhone, by the way. Everyone can use a little reassurance every now and then, for one thing or another.

I'm from the UK and it's very negative. People are insecure and usually just follow the norm. Otherwise you will have "the lads" out beating you down with some banter so they can gain validation from their peers.

Reactions: super chimp

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The whole notion of rendering judgment on someone on account of the color they choose for their iPhone is ridiculous, if you ask me. This is America...choose whatever one you want!

Also, I don't subscribe to the notion of certain colors predominantly "belonging" to one class (in this case, gender) of person. If you like a color, go for it. There are plenty of truly important issues to worry about in the world in which we exist. Suffice to say, phone color is not one of them. And I don't say this to chide anyone who asked for opinions related to the idea of men having a Rose Gold iPhone, by the way. Everyone can use a little reassurance every now and then, for one thing or another.

The type of smartphone you use isn't a truly important issue either, or whether you prefer OS X over Windows. However, this whole forum is pretty much devoted to such topics...

AbsynthMinded

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2015
Pink phone is pink, sure its some specific shade of pink but it is what it is. I also think its a nice color, but I personally went with Space Grey.

Also we should all stop getting worked up over every prejudice that exists, it exists and will continue to exist as a basic human instinct. The point is not to let it get to you especially when it is not causing any harm or infringing on the rights of others. Learn to pick your fights

Reactions: haruhiko

ScottC7

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
Orbiting Planet Apple
I'm from the UK and it's very negative. People are insecure and usually just follow the norm. Otherwise you will have "the lads" out beating you down with some banter so they can gain validation from their peers.

That's very unfortunate, and quite sad.

The type of smartphone you use isn't a truly important issue either, or whether you prefer OS X over Windows. However, this whole forum is pretty much devoted to such topics...

Agreed! But there are also a lot of really good people on this forum who are interested in genuine discussion related to Mac tech, fortunately. But I could do with a reduction in nonsensical forum discussion/opinions, to be sure.

The color is pink. In my opinion, the only reason people are buying it is to show off that they have the newest iPhone. It's pretty pathetic actually.

Let them. Don't let it get to you. Life's too short

Great attitude. I'm sure we all have bought something, at some point in our life, for that very reason. In a brand-conscious society, it's difficult not to. In the end, it doesn't really matter (to quote Linkin Park).

chukronos

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
Colleyville, TX
IF you don't like the color just put a case on it. No big whoop. I don't care about the color of the back, I care about having the black front. That's the only reason I went with space gray.

Reactions: Claryella

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK

So true. I've seen a number of RG iPhones now, all owned by women. The only time I've seen any mean near one was in a mobile phone shop & for all I know they were just trying it out not necessarily buying it.

Mind you a lot of guys use cases so the phones could be any colour underneath.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I love my Rose Gold 128GB. I can admit it looks amazing and yes, one of the reasons is so others can see it's an S. :)

I know, it's sad. LOL

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Interesting, this is the second iPhone 6S commercial I've seen and both black men are rocking it. :)

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
My wife has one, it's pink. There's nothing wrong with it and I think it's an awesome color. I'd consider buying one if the bezel wasn't white.
It's not pink, please don't try to tell me what I am or am not seeing. It's copper in almost all lighting conditions.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
It's not pink, please don't try to tell me what I am or am not seeing. It's copper in almost all lighting conditions.

In your opinion it isn't pink.

In nearly everyone else's opinion, it's pink. There's nothing wrong with the color pink. The phone looks good.

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
The pink iPhone I find effete; therefore, I wouldn't buy it.

However, there is no legal reason why a man cannot use a pink one.

Similarly, if Apple were to bring out a blue one, a woman would, in theory, be allowed to use it.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The pink iPhone I find effete; therefore, I wouldn't buy it.

However, there is no legal reason why a man cannot use a pink one.

Similarly, if Apple were to bring out a blue one, a woman would, in theory, be allowed to use it.

If it were a pretty sky blue, would a man be allowed?:D

GoldenDust

Suspended
Sep 24, 2015
United States
As I male, I own the Gold Rose, it's a very nice color. I'm not embarrassed or self-conscious about it. Now, if it's facing artificial light, I notice that it looks like a copper color. I had the White iPhone 4, Silver iPhone 5S, Silver iPhone 6 Plus, Gold iPhone 6 Plus and now a Gold Rose iPhone 6S. It's a gorgeous color; however, I also have a dark blue Apple leather case on it as well. I like it.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
I'm a guy and I came this close to getting a Rose Gold, but I didn't get it, only because my first choice was the regular gold, and it would've looked weird with the case I had already purchased. I thought I could hold out a little longer and get that, and it actually worked out. At the time I located my gold iPhone, had it been a situation where only Rose Gold, Silver or Space Gray was available, I likely would've gone with Rose Gold. Silver is kind of plain.

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
If it were a pretty sky blue, would a man be allowed?:D
Knowing Apple and based on their recent color choices if they ever produced a blue iPhone I have no doubt it would be a sky, powder or pastel blue. Probably lavender. And then we would get a flood of threads debating it's manliness or lack thereof.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
There should be a study about male anxiety as it relates to iPhone color. I really think it would be an interesting dissertation. lol
I think the study should be about any color iPhone. Apple devotees are the only smartphone owners I know that are so bloody sensitive, and emotionally connected to Apple and the silly phone. You'd think their life depended on all aspects of the phone being just so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.