Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keeping it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Just having a laugh. Sensitive much? Own your choice and boldly nay defiantly mock my gentle ribbing! ;)

Of course you can take the gentle ribbing. Just the point that you need to show off a bit. Wahay banter, one of the lads

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Bottom line is, pink is generally a girls color. if your position is that you're "man enough" to rock a pink phone, then you should be man enough to take the lumps that come along with it. you do you homie!

Of course it's a girls colour. Who's denying that? People generally take the mickey just to gain validation from the regular crowd. I.e banter mentality.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Of course you can take the gentle ribbing. Just the point that you need to show off a bit. Wahay banter, one of the lads

There was a thread slagging silver phones off the other day, and I have one. No biggie! Anyway, it's just funny that men are trying to convince themselves and others that their rose gold iPhone isn't pink. It is. OK so it's
not fluorescent pink, or Barbie pink but it's most definitely Apple's 'classy' interpretation of pink. If you wanted a pink phone then that's absolutely fine but don't try and convince people that it's copper-coloured.:D

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Of course it's a girls colour. Who's denying that? People generally take the mickey just to gain validation from the regular crowd. I.e banter mentality.

I spent a full 10 months slagging off the 6+ so I hardly think I was looking for brownie points around these parts...

Reactions: 5105973

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I just put a case on mine but then again I would have done that with one that was any color

cbautis2

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2013
You know if Apple just called this phone color Copper and Graphite rather than Rose Gold and Space Gray respectively (to equate it with the other element and metal colors: Gold, Silver, Copper and Graphite), men wouldn't be too obnoxious about the color since Apple calls it Copper which doesn't sound as feminine as Rose Gold.

ryanbates

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
San Diego, CA
I was rocking a gold 6s Plus the last few weeks and actually managed to snag a Rose Gold one last night so the gold one is going back today. Definitely digging my pink iPhone.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Here's another image of my Rose Gold 6s. Doesn't seem as pink, right? As said before, and as many others have said: it's all about lighting. Anyway, I love the color. :)

IMG_2612.JPG

ScottC7

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
Orbiting Planet Apple
If it weren't for the white face, I'd want the rose gold!

Yes, that's definitely a common theme. I'm leaning towards a RG iPhone, but the decision would be so much easier if it had a black face on it. Maybe next year...

In my day pink would have gotten you called out as a Communist sympathizer.

The the USSR collapsed and nobody cared anymore.
LOL!

Last edited:

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I remember when this kind of discussion was all about whether getting a white iPhone was girly or less than professional looking. I guess that we've mostly accepted guys having a white iPhone. :)

I always thought that discussion was silly though because white is such a neutral color in general. Pink, on the other hand, is clearly associated with females more often than not. that's not to say men can't wear pink, but other than pink clothing, I actually struggle to think of an instance where men (even so called "manly" men) would use a pink anything.

ScottC7

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
Orbiting Planet Apple
The whole notion of rendering judgment on someone on account of the color they choose for their iPhone is ridiculous, if you ask me. This is America...choose whatever one you want!

Also, I don't subscribe to the notion of certain colors predominantly "belonging" to one class (in this case, gender) of person. If you like a color, go for it. There are plenty of truly important issues to worry about in the world in which we exist. Suffice to say, phone color is not one of them. And I don't say this to chide anyone who asked for opinions related to the idea of men having a Rose Gold iPhone, by the way. Everyone can use a little reassurance every now and then, for one thing or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.