Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Ah yes, I'm glad this question was asked. As it turns out I have exactly the information you need. My sources from across the industry - from China to America - tell me that the iPad 3G will be shipped out from China at exactly noon on Monday April 19 Beijing time. This equates to exactly midnight New York time, meaning that the first ones will be delivered to San Fran customers sometime on Tuesday with the rest making it to the East Coast by Weds and Thurs.

The Apple store will show these items as shipped with tracking numbers by the time America wakes up to go to work on Monday morning. It will be a glorious day for all, indeed.

And Do you also sell Swamp Land from Florida to Everyone as well? :D

Only to people hunting wizards...

Funny.:rolleyes:

Eye4Desyn

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
U, S, and A
Does anyone else's status say SHIPPED? Mine does.

With all due respect, got any proof? Just tried to see what my order status was in the online store and it looks as though they've taken it offline. My guess is that it's for the Macbook Pro updates.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
With all due respect, got any proof? Just tried to see what my order status was in the online store and it looks as though they've taken it offline. My guess is that it's for the Macbook Pro updates.

Yes, Apple store is back online and it was the MB Pros. My 3G iPad still says not yet shipped, and there's no reason to expect it will ship any sooner than "Late April" like they've said all along. It could be LATER, but definitely not sooner. I'm guessing at the VERY end of the month or possibly first week of next month.

gt1948

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
Yes, Apple store is back online and it was the MB Pros. My 3G iPad still says not yet shipped, and there's no reason to expect it will ship any sooner than "Late April" like they've said all along. It could be LATER, but definitely not sooner. I'm guessing at the VERY end of the month or possibly first week of next month.

Today is the 13th, I would guess any date after the 15th could qualify as late April :D

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
As you can see I am only waiting now for the Wi-Fi+3G iPad to be prepared for shipment. This shows I ordered mine on the 12 of March after 9 pm PST.

4518466518_1a093778b8_o.jpg

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
Good news, The 3G will start Shipping May 28. There was a small issue with the FCC. :D

Swampthing

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
At least today, it was still confirmed with the mysterious "late April" shipping date for US customers. And still no idea what "late" really means...

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Interesting that it remained late April despite the international release being pushed back by a month. Guess they're going to fill the USA preorders and reserves first.

Swampthing

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
Hmmm... I selected the extra fast 2-3 day FEDEX shipping over standard UPS, and now it has suddenly been changed to "priority" shipping speed. Nothing changed in shipping cost, so makes me wonder if these means delivery by UPS for FEDEX now...

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Seems like I read somewhere that they would be shipping in late April. :D Apple has yet to release an actual date in which they might be shipping. I'm hoping they will be shipping next week.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Hmmm... I selected the extra fast 2-3 day FEDEX shipping over standard UPS, and now it has suddenly been changed to "priority" shipping speed. Nothing changed in shipping cost, so makes me wonder if these means delivery by UPS for FEDEX now...

Here is thread about that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.