Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjobes

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
I hope its not a Sat delivery seeing that my company is closed on the weekends. Can the shipping destination be changed as soon as we hear the date?

TechDude16

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Hey All!

I ordered both a 16GB WiFi Only and a 32GB WiFi & 3G on March 13th, right around 12 noon PST.

When my credit card was authorized for the WiFi, I used two different cards (one for the case and one for the iPad). The entire order was tested but the card for my case failed authorization (I made a large purchase that day - a 46" LCD from Samsung ) Anyways, the was on March 25th (And I rearranged payment just hours after receiving the email). This was a THURSDAY before the week of shipment. Then that following TUESDAY (March 30th) I received my shipment notification, as on of the first "waves" to be assigned labels. Mine took longer to leave China (I have my theories, but those are for another thread), but I did receive it on the April 3rd date.

Now, with that timeline in mind, some of us should probably be checking our statements (if they are delivering on a Saturday again - boo!)

The person who said their paypal was checked on Friday, this leads me to believe that they WILL be shipping starting on Tuesday. However I received my notification at 5 AM EST, and the conference call for the 2Q earnings is later than that, so we may even know before they announce it at the earnings call. This would be a great thing for them to announce then as it would not only bring more press to the PR about the earnings, but it would also raise their stocks again for those in anticipation of those shipments, increased demand from suppliers, and a great public response (Along with AT&T's likely hubub).

Needless to say, I think that this timeline seems to fit.

As well, this may also be only for those that ordered in the first "half" of the ordering period until now, and then the following week is when those last orders will ship (likely seeing the 20th as a date for the shipping times to change on the Apple Store).

But, again, that is just my theory (and I haven't gotten a chance to check my statement yet )

Swampthing

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
I hope its not a Sat delivery seeing that my company is closed on the weekends. Can the shipping destination be changed as soon as we hear the date?

Saturday delivery would be nice. From previous experience, I recall Apple has a rotten habit of making people sign for their deliveries. I was planning to take a day off from work if that's the case, rather than track it halfway across town 30 miles away just to pick it up.

Anyone know if Apple required signatures on the WiFi models?

soxfanreggie

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2010

I think you may be able to call Apple to see if they can change the address. However, if it's in the shipping process, I'm not sure if you'll be able to. I had a tough decision to make - ship to home or office. I have to go out of town on the 24th, so if that's the date, I made a good call on having it sent to the office. If it's a weekday, I'll get it at the office anyway.

Best of luck to you on getting them to change the destination. I'm guessing they'll be getting that question thousands of times.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I was told you can change the shipping address as long as the status is not prepared for shipment or shipped. Anything prior and you can change the address or even pick it up at the shipper's local offices.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
The 'power cord' order is weird, since I ordered a power supply along with my 3G on pre order day, and my 'extra' power supply arrived Thursday (after sitting in Hong Kong Fedex for several days waiting for a freight plane, I expect). Or is there an option for just the extension cord itself?

I think until we all know that the 3Gs won't be here in April, we should stop assuming they won't. :)

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
Saturday delivery would be nice. From previous experience, I recall Apple has a rotten habit of making people sign for their deliveries. I was planning to take a day off from work if that's the case, rather than track it halfway across town 30 miles away just to pick it up.

Anyone know if Apple required signatures on the WiFi models?

It does, but you can also pre sign for the package and they will leave it or deliver to a neighbor.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I certainly hope they do a Saturday delivery, that way I can be home to sign for it instead of having to drive 30 minutes to the UPS or FedEx distribution center to pick it up the next day.

wmcy

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I certainly hope they do a Saturday delivery, that way I can be home to sign for it instead of having to drive 30 minutes to the UPS or FedEx distribution center to pick it up the next day.

mduser,

As someone mentions, once your iPad is prepared for shipping and a tracking number is assigned, your "order status" screeen will provide a link for you to print an authorization to leave on your door authorizing the driver to leave at your front door, back door or someone else (neighbor, property manager, etc).

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Sure hope it ships this Tuesday. Although I don't have a preorder. Going to have to try my luck in the Apple stores. Figured I'd get it sooner than if I had preordered late.

doofoo

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Sure hope it ships this Tuesday. Although I don't have a preorder. Going to have to try my luck in the Apple stores. Figured I'd get it sooner than if I had preordered late.

Same here.. Trying to figure out if I would have better luck looking at Apple/Best Buy when they release them, or placing an order through the site.

I guess we could always just place a pre-order now and if we find one in the stores cancel without penalty? Not too rushed though since I have the 64GB Wifi to hold me over. :D

PDelahanty

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
Boston, MA
In order to avoid having to wait until the next business day to pick up my iPad (and since I didn't want it just left outside my house), I had it shipped to work...figuring that there would be a 1 in 6 chance that it would be delivered on Saturday, in which case I'd have to wait until Monday to get it.

Plus, I'm going away for a few days (Thursday through Sunday) and if I don't get it before then (I wish) then at least it should be waiting at my office when I return.

DunnMaui

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Maui, Hawaii
[Merged] iPad 3G Ship Rumors

I read the following post about a week ago. I'm sure hoping that tomorrow will be the golden day ! ;)

]Apr 12, 2010, 06:44 PM #20
rdstoll
macrumors member

Join Date: Jul 2008 Ah yes, I'm glad this question was asked. As it turns out I have exactly the information you need. My sources from across the industry - from China to America - tell me that the iPad 3G will be shipped out from China at exactly noon on Monday April 19 Beijing time. This equates to exactly midnight New York time, meaning that the first ones will be delivered to San Fran customers sometime on Tuesday with the rest making it to the East Coast by Weds and Thurs.

The Apple store will show these items as shipped with tracking numbers by the time America wakes up to go to work on Monday morning. It will be a glorious day for all, indeed.

DunnMaui

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Maui, Hawaii
backup rumor

From what I've gleaned from spending too much time at macrumors if tomorrow doesn't pan out we can always go with Apple shipping after the quarterly meeting on Tuesday the 20th.:apple:

iChase

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2007
Orlando, FL
Wow this is very exciting! I certainly hope it is true. I just worry about unnamed "sources." But after going to the Apple Store today and messing with an iPad for the first time, I'm desperate to get my 3G. I'm clinging to this tidbit. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.