Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vice92

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
I'm sorry but if you use 68GB of data on your PHONE, there is something wrong with you. And I can call someone a liar if I want too. Way to many people claim to use massive amounts of data. Such as a post claiming he used 180GB of data. I'll believe that when I see it. Also, for all I know, this picture could be fake and not even be yours.

I use my phone a normal amount and I've never gone over 1GB.. So for you to use 68GB... People like you are what made companies remove the unlimited data plan.

A phone is a computer, so I don't understand your argument. I can understand you being skeptical about these huge amounts of data consumption, but even after I showed you proof, you still think it is a fake. Come on. A large amount of my data comes from downloading BR rips, and it is perfectly logical on how that could add up to 68GB.

I'm paying for an unlimited data plan, I plan on using it to the fullest. If you were paying to use a sports car for 30 days, and you choose to use it for only 2, well, a lot of nice adjectives to describe your intellectual state come to mind.

Orlandu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
I used 5.3gb last month. An hour or two per day of Netflix and a lot of Pandora streaming. I don't have a laptop, so no need for tethering. That was all used through the phone.

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
I don't even get why people would want to use their phone 3G internet as their home internet.. It's so slow. Cable is WAY quicker. I don't even use 80GB a month on my home internet. Doing things with your life instead of staying home and doing nothing will prevent this massive waste of data. Glad I live in Canada... Feel sorry for any AT&T customers.

barkingDog

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Never used more than ~ 450MB/mo.

But ...

With the recent release of the WatchESPN app, I can seriously see a spike in usage coming. A sweet addition to the iPhone candy store for sports fan-addicts. Just thinkin' it'll add to the ire of carriers who have folks on unlimited data plans.

:D

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
This month came with the introduction of 3G where I live. In the average month pre-3G, I would use up 500mb of data. Two weeks of 3G 4.6GB so far! Wow..

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Max for me was about 1.5 out of my 2 GB max. Had to stream several episodes of BSG on Netflix to get there. Streaming video is where your usage can really multiply.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
1.2-1.4 GB here with a couple days left in the cycle.

Damn I thought I used a lot but I see lots of people going way above 2-3 GB!

jonter19

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2011
I typically use a little over 4 GB a month on my Verizon unlimited. Mostly because my phone is my only source of internet when at home and on the road.

Plus, I use my phone to tether to my WiFi iPad and computer. Combine all those things, and your data will really add up.

maxrmnf

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
Thats Nothing

My Friend just used 3.5TB in one month of cellular data. AT&T shut his phone off. I know this because I over hear the AT&T call and I saw the bill.

zmulleni

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
My Friend just used 3.5TB in one month of cellular data. AT&T shut his phone off. I know this because I over hear the AT&T call and I saw the bill.

Bumped the old thread... Make a statement like that and all you're going to get is: "Pic's or it didn't happen."

So... let's see them

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006

Do you realize I read this whole thread you necro'd till I came to your post? Motherf*****!

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's awesome OP. More power to ya. I also have unlimited data with AT&T but the most I've ever used is 1.5gb. I'm mainly connected to my home wifi though and I don't do tethering, but once the jailbreak comes out I'll be using it for my iPad (wifi only).

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD

Bumped the old thread... Make a statement like that and all you're going to get is: "Pic's or it didn't happen."

So... let's see them

Do you realize I read this whole thread you necro'd till I came to your post? Motherf*****!

3.5TB/ (31 days * 24 hours * 60 minutes * 60 seconds ) = 1.307 MB/s

or

10.45 Mbps.

Your friend would have to live in an area with excellent AT&T HSPA+ coverage and download full bandwidth non-stop on a single device. Not believable.

Asewald

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
I like unlimited

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 143

HeyKatie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
1gb plan. I used 3.5gbs in July because I had no internet at my Grandma's house so I was using my personal hotspot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.