Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Arrrggghhh..Noooo... I just bought a Macbook today, well yesterday actually (Sunday.) Of course I drove 2 1/2 hours to get it only to read this tonight. Please tell me I'll be able to call Apple and exchange my Macbook for a new one assuming they actually do release new ones.:(
Sadly, there have been several front page articles on this on MacRumors for the past month or two.

It pays to be a somewhat active member and look at what's on the front page.

I'm waiting to get the best value!

TheBigS

macrumors member
May 26, 2007
Canada
UHG! I can't stand the pressure anymore! :eek: *begins running around in circles in anticipation*

I really don't care what's updated, I just want to be able to finally get my Macbook (Although, some nice upgrades would be nice of course).

Same, I'm hoping they match the US and CAD prices, or at least drop the CAD prices somewhat. Again, they did with Leopard.

Especially since the CAD has passed the USD that would be really nice. Gettin tired of being ripped off up here :p

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
Sadly, there have been several front page articles on this on MacRumors for the past month or two.

stop being mean.

The other guy - don't worry... apple has an exchange policy. 14 days i think it is no questions re-imbursement or exchange.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
this kinda sucks, I bought my macbook right when it came out... kinda was hoping it would stay top for more than 5 months.

droo94

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
stop being mean.

The other guy - don't worry... apple has an exchange policy. 14 days i think it is no questions re-imbursement or exchange.

That didn't seem like a "mean" response, IMHO, just an honest one. Heck, the Buyer's Guide says...

Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle.

samuraikiss

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Washington, DC
For example, with the iMac redesign and the iPod Classic, Apple has pretty much completely eliminated the basic white plastic design, and replaced almost every product they have with aluminum. Things like the 2G iPod Nano foreshadowed this.

The MacBook sticks out as the only remaining product that still uses this design concept.

I personally prefer the white plastic designs, as compared to the newer aluminum designs. So, if there is an aluminum MacBook released, then I'll be especially glad that I still have a sleek, stylish white MacBook. But I would love an LCD screen and a slimmer profile. Besides, Apple updates are just exciting!

dchong

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
MacBook Pro with faster processor

:) Was told that MacBook Pro may be upgraded with a faster processor from its current. Or was that a miscommunication? Or is that for the Mac Pros?
I am just holding back buying the 17 inch just in case it does happen within couple of months.
Help anyone..?

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005

That didn't seem like a "mean" response, IMHO, just an honest one. Heck, the Buyer's Guide says...

Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle.

yeh sorry i didn't mean 'mean'.. lol. i was merely stating he's probs a noob and probs wants to get some money back or at least the best product available at the time. i feel for him...

Muahdib

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
I was aware it was near the end of the cycle but I didn't think they would wait until 3-4 days after Leopard came out to announce an update. I really needed it and this was the perfect weekend for me to go get it. Not blaming apple but figured it would be January before the update. I'm actually glad that they did upgrade, just wish I hadn't been off by two days. If nothing else I'll just call in sick and go back and exchange it. I'll just have to pay a penalty of 10% possibly, but hopefully not.

I have Pismo powerbook that is 7 years old, and just couldn't wait any longer. It still runs great but definitely long in the tooth.

idiefilms

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2007
Ok could someone for the love of god just tell me one thing... How will the x3100 or any of the proposed updates help Final Cut Pro(Studio 2 preferably) and please don't say get a MB Pro.

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
If I hadn't used my MacBook for countless hours over the past two months, I'd be very bitter about buying it. But, I don't really need a better GPU, just want one; I don't do anything with 3D. As for the 4GB RAM ... by the time I need it, it'll be time to get a new machine.

So I'm only a LITTLE bitter.

Hope the updates fulfill the needs of everyone waiting.

I would guess it would be a processor/integrated graphics update. The multitouch and case design changes will be introduced in Jan at Macworld.
Two MacBook updates in just over two months? I don't think so mate. If Apple releases an updated MacBook this week as it appears they will do, then that will be it for a bit longer than two months I would think.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Two MacBook updates in just over two months? I don't think so mate. If Apple releases an updated MacBook this week as it appears they will do, then that will be it for a bit longer than two months I would think.
MacBook != MacBook Pro

November: MacBook (Napa) -> MacBook (Santa Rosa)
January: MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa + Merom Refresh) -> MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa + Penryn)

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
MacBook != MacBook Pro

November: MacBook (Napa) -> MacBook (Santa Rosa)
January: MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa + Merom Refresh) -> MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa + Penryn)

if no alu MB this time, maybe they will put that casing in january??
whats ur opinion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.