Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Screen%20Shot%202012-09-14%20at%208.52.31%20AM.png

Directly from Apple.com as well. You can see where the confusion comes into play.

I wonder if Apple will include the adapter with the iPhone 5S?

shamus109

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
It was weird because I had order the iPhone 5 from Verizon 15 minutes after the pre sale started. I was trying to also switch my account from AT&T to Verizon and then this afternoon my order status said the 26th to my dismay. Verizon had not charged me yet so at noon today I went to AT&T and it said i would get it on the 21st still so I canceled my Verizon pre order and ended up staying with AT&T. Just weird that it worked out that way with Verizon considering how early I made the order. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I was also trying to switch providers. I've also yet to recieve my confirmation email so I guess we'll see.

----------

Ordered 2phones w & black 16 gb about an hour ago 11:30 am eastern- at AT&T.com got confirmation email saying delivery by sept 21 - I'm almost expecting that to slip but if it doesn't if I was one of you guys i'd get mad...

hmm i wonder if they space it out depending on the time zone you're in to make things more fair.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
I wonder if Apple will include the adapter with the iPhone 5S?

I just checked the MacRumors forums - the online listing is in error; an adapter is not included with the phone. I believe Apple may have already updated their website to correct this.

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
I'm furious that some people may get iPhone 5 several days before me. So I'm getting an SIII. Bye, bye, Apple.

Allenbf

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Elsewhere, USA
I'm not sure what to think, yet. I got confirmation of my order from the Apple store this morning at 3:11, and as of an hour ago, it still said "processing order."

BUT, now I can't even access my account via the app or apple.com.

/first world pains, eh? ;-)

gbc204

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2011
Just so you know: according to news this a.m., one cannot surf the net and talk on iPhone at same time on Verizon (others), as you can on ATT (others).

Yeah. Well aware of that. Still switched from AT&T. Just so you know- In many places with AT&T, you can't talk on the iPhone OR surf the web. Because their network stinks. And I honestly can't think of any instance where I was talking on the phone and needed to surf the web at the same time, and I wasn't on Wi-Fi. That's just me. But it's not a deal breaker. Not being able to access the network in the middle of New York and San Francisco is.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I'm truly sorry for everyone that will have to wait an excruciatingly long 2-3 week waiting period on their new iPhone. I hope your current iPhone will keep working over this period and that you will not take drastic action that could put yourself in harms way.

This is truly the great tragedy of our lifetime. :rolleyes:

Now I know why I think Android people is stupid. :rolleyes:

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
good grief people. relax... it's just a phone. people with an iphone4/4s.... it's the same thing anyways.... with an extra row of icons!

I think some people are actually unaware how similar it looks to the 4/4S. With the 4, people didn't have to look really close to know it wasn't a 3GS.

shamus109

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Now I know why I think Android people is stupid. :rolleyes:

I think it's funny that all the Android people were bashing the iPhone because their android phones all had bigger screens, and now that we get a bigger screen they're all like "it's so stupid it's just a bigger screen".

remmy123

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
got the exact same thing from Sprint... I hope that means we will be receiving them next friday

----------

did they do a credit hold to confirm your identity over the phone with the credit check company?

I had the same thing if that was the case

They did.

Appleitechnc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Sprint Pre Orders

Has anyone spoke to sprint about shipping on the 21st? What time where you able to order your iPhone 5 through Sprint cause i could not connect till sbout 4:30 am. Has anyone heard Sprint say anyother time other then Sept 21?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
most people made fun of me for waking up at 3:00 AM EST to order mine. Even I found myself asking myself "self... wtf r u doing man?"

I guess this helps me to better justify getting up as I show a delivery date of 9/21 on my confirmation email.

I'm still wondering if I did the right thing... shoulda just stayed in bed lol.

tlevier

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Littleton, CO
I just checked the MacRumors forums - the online listing is in error; an adapter is not included with the phone. I believe Apple may have already updated their website to correct this.

Even with an adapter, isn't there a concern that it won't pass audio through to docking station speakers?

Ordered this morning around 10:30 Mountain. Got an email at 10:43 saying "Order Processed". Everything that's been sent to me says "Will deliver on September 21st".

Just waiting to find out just how screwed I am in that regard....

remmy123

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
I'm furious that some people may get iPhone 5 several days before me. So I'm getting an SIII. Bye, bye, Apple.

Really? Haha. It's just a phone. If your priorities are like that with phones then I hope you dont have mouths to feed. Lol.

Edit... Damn iPad

----------

Even with an adapter, isn't there a concern that it won't pass audio through to docking station speakers?

Ordered this morning around 10:30 Mountain. Got an email at 10:43 saying "Order Processed". Everything that's been sent to me says "Will deliver on September 21st".

Just waiting to find out just how screwed I am in that regard....

I think that "iPod out" thing might not be what we all think it is. A google search of the term show that it's a mirrored video feed of an iPod, not actual audio.

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Has anyone thats ON PREMIER receive the "14-21" confirmation email?

I dont want to seem stupid but the only email i received after placing an order was a "att premier order received" message. Inside the email it said

Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012.

Is this not a confirmation email? If not, could someone post a confirmation email where it says 14-21 days? THanks!

Djcj14

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
I tried to preorder on att site but after I git preorder then continue-nothing happened so I called Att to see if my order went through and it didnt, so she took my order over the phone. She told me her system says delivery by the 21st but her supervisor told her to tell people that it might be the 28th so that if it gets there on Monday the 24th or Tuesday the 25th people will be happy about it. She said last year she ordered the 4/s which said it would be a week late and she got it a day early than original release date at retail.

Arxcher

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2012
NY, NY
Apple Store App

When I try to access my order status through the Apple Store app, it is now saying they are currently updating the store and will be back shortly...

iPhone 5s pre-order maybe??

/s

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
good grief people. relax... it's just a phone. people with an iphone4/4s.... it's the same thing anyways.... with an extra row of icons!

Yeah because the internals, display, back, camera etc. didn't change at all. Dumba** :rolleyes:

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
I happened to be up at midnight and placed my order in like ten seconds with the Apple Store app on my phone. Almost a little too easy since all my info was on file..

Buyer's remorse came this morning since I have a 4S still under contract with AT&T, and is costing me an extra $250 early upgrade. As beautiful as the phone is, how nice the extra real estate will be, and fast LTE, I am going to have to cancel my order. It is at least comforting knowing that there aren't any exclusive features with the iPhone 5 (in regards to software, like how Siri was 4S only).

Here's hoping one of you get my cancelation.

striker33

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah because the internals, display, back, camera etc. didn't change at all. Dumba** :rolleyes:

No man, apparently thats all the extra screen space does.

Oh and its not like android devices purposely increased the length of their screens to fit in software buttons or anything :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.