Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spoccka

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

On the apple store app in the uk, if you click on a mac model to go to the purchase page the picture displayed is of a brown cardboard box with an apple logo.

I don't remember this from before.

MarketingGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsborough, NJ
This is really odd...I was thinking about getting a new cinema display, so while poking around the Apple store to look the images changing back and forth, I just noticed that the link from the store front page (the "Apple LED Cinema Display" link in the "New to the Store" section) is broken. I really hope this is an indicator that new hardware and Lion will be released very soon!

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
I would say tuesday but all the rumors say end of the week so thursday I guess, except all the OSs have been released on a Friday, but how often is hardware released on a Friday?

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
This is really odd...I was thinking about getting a new cinema display, so while poking around the Apple store to look the images changing back and forth, I just noticed that the link from the store front page (the "Apple LED Cinema Display" link in the "New to the Store" section) is broken. I really hope this is an indicator that new hardware and Lion will be released very soon!

Hmm, did you even read the front page of Mac Rumors today?

MarketingGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsborough, NJ
Hmm, did you even read the front page of Mac Rumors today?

Actually, I did read the front page. That's why I was checking. I wanted to just note the price on the current version and write down the specs (we really need a another display next week, but I'm holding hope that we can snag the new one). It's just odd that they would break a link to the current version of the product, when the new one hasn't been officially launched.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Actually, I did read the front page. That's why I was checking. I wanted to just note the price on the current version and write down the specs (we really need a another display next week, but I'm holding hope that we can snag the new one). It's just odd that they would break a link to the current version of the product, when the new one hasn't been officially launched.

Thats true....they also didn't break the link to the MBA or other prospective Macs on the site, so that is odd.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
Thats true....they also didn't break the link to the MBA or other prospective Macs on the site, so that is odd.

something is going down in cupertino and i think its going to be big :eek:

has anything like this happened before with any product launches. pictures down and links broken.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
something is going down in cupertino and i think its going to be big :eek:

has anything like this happened before with any product launches. pictures down and links broken.

At least in the past 5 years, where I've been really aware of Apple, I can't really remember this type of chaos ever happening.

I'm wondering if whoever's in charge of running the web servers for their domains is feeling the wrath of Steve right now. These broken images and leaks of Lion desktops couldn't have been deliberate.

Or were they?... :cool:

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
At least in the past 5 years, where I've been really aware of Apple, I can't really remember this type of chaos ever happening.

I'm wondering if whoever's in charge of running the web servers for their domains is feeling the wrath of Steve right now. These broken images and leaks of Lion desktops couldn't have been deliberate.

what difference does it make? we dont know when lion is coming with these pictures borken or not, why would steve wrath the guy, its not like he revealed the date to us or something.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
I'm not sure why a mistake like this would even happen though.

Unless it's because there was an automated script to change the website photos when Lion launched. Which means Lion was very possibly meant to launch this Friday, but has been delayed.

frito1224

macrumors regular
May 3, 2011
oklahoma
I'm not sure why a mistake like this would even happen though.

Unless it's because there was an automated script to change the website photos when Lion launched. Which means Lion was very possibly meant to launch this Friday, but has been delayed.

thats what i was thinking happened

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
It's also very possible that everything is fine, that there are no delays and Lion will launch later this month, as Apple probably planned to do in the first place.

I love when you guys make up scenarios in your galactic impatience.

Maybe stop constantly flooding Apple's site and the Mac App Sore in order to check up on things and look for infinitesimal clues.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
it was never ment to be released today , if it was then it would have been released.

why delay? GM2 has not been released, no other reason for a delay.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
what difference does it make? we dont know when lion is coming with these pictures borken or not, why would steve wrath the guy, its not like he revealed the date to us or something.

Any company site with broken images looks pretty unprofessional, does it not?

Especially if they reveal a product that is not yet out yet.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut

yea ive been aware for about 2.5 but nothing like this. when i thought steves wrath i thought of this :D

Attachments

• stevejobs_jail1.png
    stevejobs_jail1.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 76

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
It's also very possible that everything is fine, that there are no delays and Lion will launch later this month, as Apple probably planned to do in the first place.

I love when you guys make up scenarios in your galactic impatience.

Maybe stop constantly flooding Apple's site and the Mac App Sore in order to check up on things and look for infinitesimal clues.
Way to go to spoil all the fun. No need to get all holier than thou because you have a developers account. After all, this is an Apple rumour site. You're often complaining about anti-apple trolls filling up the site are you not? I see none here, just a group of guys excited for Lion.

It seems you are never satisfied.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
Yea, an hour on a highly trafficked site, that's thousands of unique IP hits that just saw your site being unprofessional

and one on the back to school page is not up yet. the big one that shows the girl or guy with a mac. it seems all the others are up except for this. i think apple forgot one :)

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003

The only thing I can remember that's sort of similar is that once the Mac Pro (or it might have been the G5) specs got leaked on the store. Steve joked about it during the keynote the next day.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Last possibility: I was at the Apple store buying something around 6:00 (Pacific Time) and heard one of the salespeople say "Is point of sale down?" and the girl at the counter who was ringing through my purchase said "Not yet." That seems like a weird response. Why would they be expecting it to go down? I'm not even sure what "point of sales" is, but I guess it's like when the Apple Store goes down online? Maybe they're planning a release at 9pm tonight when the stores close? It's a long shot, but...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.