Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
Last possibility: I was at the Apple store buying something around 6:00 (Pacific Time) and heard one of the salespeople say "Is point of sale down?" and the girl at the counter who was ringing through my purchase said "Not yet." That seems like a weird response. Why would they be expecting it to go down? I'm not even sure what "point of sales" is, but I guess it's like when the Apple Store goes down online? Maybe they're planning a release at 9pm tonight when the stores close? It's a long shot, but...

Point of Sale is the Cash Register system.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I'm getting absolutely sick to death of reading about when Lion will come out, I seem to spend half my life doing it!

I really can't help but do it though, because I'm super excited and have no life, so please Apple put us all out of our misery!

ejb `kjgeanartrdghefadhwEt

gusapple

macrumors 6502a
At least in the past 5 years, where I've been really aware of Apple, I can't really remember this type of chaos ever happening.

I'm wondering if whoever's in charge of running the web servers for their domains is feeling the wrath of Steve right now. These broken images and leaks of Lion desktops couldn't have been deliberate.

Or were they?... :cool:

Ah, how quick we are to forget the big "product launch fiasco" when the iPhone 3G, MobileMe, and the App Store. Things were breaking left and right, children were crying, it was a debacle.

Although I understand that this must be hard (I felt this way with Leopard) just know that waiting for it will be well worth it. Honestly, you'll get to the point where you are tired of playing around with it and wonder 'why was I so excited to get this?' Needless to say, it will be awesome.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I'm getting absolutely sick to death of reading about when Lion will come out, I seem to spend half my life doing it!

How do you manage to do that? Don't you have stuff you'd rather be doing instead rather than worrying over a new operating system. Don't worry, Lion will be released sometime between now and July 31st.

Until then, relax. It's only an operating system. It isn't as if Snow Leopard has all of a sudden become totally unusable.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
The only thing I can remember that's sort of similar is that once the Mac Pro (or it might have been the G5) specs got leaked on the store. Steve joked about it during the keynote the next day.

Yea, I forgot that one. Yea I think it was the Power Mac G5 and that one was actually my first Mac computer. That one is always a fun keynote to watch and reminisce.

Ah, how quick we are to forget the big "product launch fiasco" when the iPhone 3G, MobileMe, and the App Store. Things were breaking left and right, children were crying, it was a debacle.

Although I understand that this must be hard (I felt this way with Leopard) just know that waiting for it will be well worth it. Honestly, you'll get to the point where you are tired of playing around with it and wonder 'why was I so excited to get this?' Needless to say, it will be awesome.

I forgot about MobileMe as well. That chaos was more during and after it launched.

For the 3G launch, are you referring to the massive iTunes outage when every customer was trying to activate their iPhones? Yea, I remember that one too, lol. Though I don't remember the App store fiasco though.

I guess the Lion situation is different because it's a hype thing and it hasn't launched yet. But hopefully after it launches, it doesn't turn out to have the same problems as the other events that you mentioned. We don't need the App store going down due to overload of customer downloads. God knows how high strung this forum already is about just releasing it. :p

gusapple

macrumors 6502a
I forgot about MobileMe as well. That chaos was more during and after it launched.

For the 3G launch, are you referring to the massive iTunes outage when every customer was trying to activate their iPhones? Yea, I remember that one too, lol. Though I don't remember the App store fiasco though.

I guess the Lion situation is different because it's a hype thing and it hasn't launched yet. But hopefully after it launches, it doesn't turn out to have the same problems as the other events that you mentioned. We don't need the App store going down due to overload of customer downloads. God knows how high strung this forum already is about just releasing it. :p

It was the culmination of all three launching. If you don't remember, Apple's servers couldn't handle the immense stress of everybody and their dog getting their iPhones activated and downloading 10 apps. It was enough that MobileMe was down, let alone the iPhone stuff.

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
so i went to the apple store and asked a sales rep as to when the release of lion should be, and they said the "rumours within the store " is that lion hopefully will be released on Monday. so..... i dunno hopefully its true :eek:

frito1224

macrumors regular
May 3, 2011
oklahoma
so i went to the apple store and asked a sales rep as to when the release of lion should be, and they said the "rumours within the store " is that lion hopefully will be released on Monday. so..... i dunno hopefully its true :eek:

i could see this happening with tues. being the end of the sales quarter but most of the current rumors seem to be backing the 21st or 22nd

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010

you are probably one of those here on the forum spreading false rumors, why dont u show some proof.

and the employees wont say anything to you unless they want to get fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
you are probably one of those here on the forum spreading false rumors, why dont u show some proof.

and the employees wont say anything to you unless they want to get fired.

You never know, if the guy said rumor here is monday then maybe thats the rumor going around the office. Doubt theyd get fired for that, only if they actually knew the date and released the info, hes probably as much in the dark as we are though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
NO. employees can NOT talk about release dates. thats why they always say they dont know whenever you ask them questions on upcoming products, they will get fired for saying lion is coming monday, rumor or not.

chercm

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
feeeling very tired of this ...... every day hear some one say some dates or tomorrow :mad::mad::mad::mad:

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
well then it is what it is.. i am just saying what the little birdie said. if its false hey its false and if its true good for all of us.

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
So guys, how many of you think Lion is coming out tomorrow?

i mean i know the original rumor says it will come out on the 14th but some rumors lately have been saying that it will be out tommorow.

One question though, they were saying that apple is going to have an overnighter on the 13th which means that the overnighter is happening TODAY after midnight, correct? (when tuesday turns into Wednesday)

So im thinking there is a VERY good chance lion is coming tomorrow guys.

Wasn't that your first thread ? and wasn't that a rumor that you heard or read somewhere? did you rumor come true? or should i just call you a lier ? to the other fellow who apparently cares about my popularity rating , i was just sharing some info that i heard then all of sudden i am being called a lier. Hey sorry for sharing some info that could either be true or false.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
lol anyways man, sorry for offending you if i did, i was just pissed off that people kept on posting fake stories.

back on topic, did the people at the apple store that told u that sounded confident or they were goofing?

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
lol anyways man, sorry for offending you if i did, i was just pissed off that people kept on posting fake stories.

back on topic, did the people at the apple store that told u that sounded confident or they were goofing?

alright yes i apologize as well for my rude comment/remark.

The way they expressed their ideas and excitement about the new OS , i am hoping for it to be true otherwise i just give and will go about my day until i hear about it sometime down the road.

frito1224

macrumors regular
May 3, 2011
oklahoma
alright yes i apologize as well for my rude comment/remark.

The way they expressed their ideas and excitement about the new OS , i am hoping for it to be true otherwise i just give and will go about my day until i hear about it sometime down the road.

i hope it's true as well but if not guess i'll just keep waiting till i see it

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
They need to release it already, look what its doing to us, waiting for it is turning us on each other! I just want a MBA, itl be my first mac

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
They need to release it already, look what its doing to us, waiting for it is turning us on each other! I just want a MBA, itl be my first mac

lmao! oh yes they are releasing some new hardware. Your going to truly love the MBA , i have one and its great for carrying around, its quick , reliable and it looks great!

Onur

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
Apple training and certification page is down. Mean anything significant? I've never visited the page until today. Just thought it might interest some of you. Posted in here because there was no way I was starting a new thread over this haha.
https://training.apple.com

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Apple training and certification page is down. Mean anything significant? I've never visited the page until today. Just thought it might interest some of you. Posted in here because there was no way I was starting a new thread over this haha.
https://training.apple.com

It's been down for several days from what I have heard (my friend just did some Apple Certification but he hasn't been able to claim the certificate as the site is down).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.