Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
So, I decided to turn the animations back on, at normal rate, and damn are Pixel animations both nice and quick at the same time.

I'm also on the latest O beta. It's awesome.

Are there volume toggles on Android O?

With the Pixel, the only way I could change my volume setting was through the physical button or changing the volume with the physical button a little then using the sliders that came up. It sucked.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Are there volume toggles on Android O?

With the Pixel, the only way I could change my volume setting was through the physical button or changing the volume with the physical button a little then using the sliders that came up. It sucked.

I had to look up what a volume toggle was. I'm going to assume you mean like in CC on the iPhone and say ...nah. But there's an app for that?

Edit: Was wondering if this is about what I should be getting battery life wise.

Screenshot_20170810-214536.png

Screenshot_20170810-214701.png

Reactions: epicrayban

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Android O (FINAL) incoming.. strong rumours of imminent release.

Even serial leaker Evan Blass chimed in during the weekend, “Android O release scheduled for the week of 8/21, most likely on the 21st itself!” he said.

My Pixel is ready! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MRU

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
While I liked this phone, the one thing that is head scratching to me was how the camera is regarded as the best. I had more blurry pictures with this phone than I had with any other phones. I have a 10 month old at home. When I had the Pixel, anytime I'd try to take pictures of him if he wasn't still, the picture would come out blurry. My iPhone 7 Plus does a much better job.

With that said, I do wonder if I had a lemon.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
While I liked this phone, the one thing that is head scratching to me was how the camera is regarded as the best. I had more blurry pictures with this phone than I had with any other phones. I have a 10 month old at home. When I had the Pixel, anytime I'd try to take pictures of him if he wasn't still, the picture would come out blurry. My iPhone 7 Plus does a much better job.

Based on my own experience it sounds like you may have had a lemon. The Pixel is hassle free, thought free shooting for me. Totally reliable in any situation.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom

I would hazard a guess you have a lemon my friend.
I currently have both a 7 plus and a regular Pixel and the Pixel for me nudges the 7 Plus in overall camera performance and camera experience (minus the two lenses related stuff).
I am not being biased as I am currently actually enjoying the 7 Plus as my main driver especially the battery life (ten years of iOS optimisations are evident)!

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
What's a good price to pay for a Pixel or Pixel XL 128gb at this point?

There was a decent back to school sale a couple of weeks ago that knocked off $100 from Pixel models and $120, I think, for Pixel XL models.

I do wonder what price drops will look like when the new Pixels come out. Will there be even be availability by that point? This might be the biggest challenge.

I'm thinking I might pick up a couple of first gen Pixels for my parents...

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
There was a decent back to school sale a couple of weeks ago that knocked off $100 from Pixel models and $120, I think, for Pixel XL models.

I do wonder what price drops will look like when the new Pixels come out. Will there be even be availability by that point? This might be the biggest challenge.

I'm thinking I might pick up a couple of first gen Pixels for my parents...

I saw the deal, but it was way out of my comfort level to buy a Pixel/Pixel XL at this point in time. I would pay no more than $400 probably for a Pixel/XL.

The Pixel 2/XL2 scare me because of price, availability, no headphone jack, awfully huge bezels, etc. If I am paying top high end dollar for a phone, I might as well get the iPhone 8.

Reactions: epicrayban

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Does anyone else have an issue with their Pixel and default launcher where it just sort of doesn't render much for the first second or two after startup? It shows the background image and the status bar but no icons.

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
I was able to update my XL yesterday to Android Oreo. Still digging into it to see what’s useful to me, but I like some of the subtle changes I’ve already noticed.

Reactions: v0lume4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.