Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone_oct4_event_invite1-150x165.jpg

9to5Mac reports that it has received word from an Apple press representative that the company will not be offering a public live video stream of tomorrow's iPhone media event.

As we noted last week, Apple will be offering a private live stream of the event to its Covent Garden retail store in London, where it will be hosting simultaneous gathering for European press.

Apple last year offered live video streaming of its September iPod event and October "Back to the Mac" event, but did not offer live video streaming of the iPad 2 introduction earlier this year.

Apple is expected to follow its usual policy of making a video of tomorrow's press event available for viewing at a later time. Such videos generally become available a few hours after the conclusion of Apple's events.

Article Link: No Live Video Stream of Tomorrow's iPhone Media Event

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ya, we'll post updates on the front page, tweet on @macrumorslive, and link out to places with live coverage.

arn

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Well I guess its good in away. It means I'll actually do my work, whilst reading the news streams, rather then devoting all of my attention to head of the mothership for a couple of hours!

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I'd recommend watching This Week in Tech (http://twit.tv) for live coverage, they tend to find someone with a livestream of the event quickly. I also follow a liveblog for higher-res pictures than the streams provide.

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
so does that mean if you go into covent garden store at 6, you can watch it?
if thats the case i'm on my way to London.

Bigcclass09

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
also

matter fact it will be trending on twitter, there are bound to be link to live stream cast, and way not there, less than 24 hr until we know if the rumors hold up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.