Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xploit

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
control

I get the feeling that the controls Apple has placed on this event might have something to do with a possible Steve Jobs appearance. What do you think?

X-

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
I am hoping for some liveblogging instead than... and the complete event will be on the apple website as well 1h later.

pshin8670

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
That confirms it

It's an iPhone 4S.

If it were a complete redesign of the device then I'd bet the announcement would be streamed live.

twittertinavane

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2011
I get the feeling that the controls Apple has placed on this event might have something to do with a possible Steve Jobs appearance. What do you think?

X-
why would it not be a stream if its a job's appearance? so they can edit his appearance by making him look a bit more healthy? You would think they would live stream it just for him since this would probably be his live appearance ?

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
So we're not going to see the new CEO not launch the new phone they are not making.

Sounds something to look forward to! :(

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
since when does Apple stream live their events?

they haven't done a live streaming event in years...

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Either way, I'll be getting this 5th generation iPhone. I'm on Sprint and have been using my Evo 4G for almost two years. Android is great and is a major improvement over old windows phones (which was the only choice I had on sprint for a while) but it never really gives me that iOS experience. I welcome all technology, not just Apple, but they do have a special talent for really making something to the closest form of perfection.

My Evo got stolen last week and I really need a phone. So what better phone to replace my Evo 4g than this 5th generation iPhone? When it comes down to it, I will probably buy the 6th generation iPhone next June/October if it's a redesign anyways.

Apple may not be doing what I anticipated or wanted, but in no way will it be a let down. The only let down is that it isn't being streamed live and I will only get crappy blog photos until the video is uploaded. Impatient me:eek:

Let's be patient guys (I'll try if you do), the wait is almost over!

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
CNET's Buzz Out Loud will be on covering the blog feed from their reporter at the event. Not the same as actual live streaming, but pretty good and very entertaining.

Last edited:

Cinch

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2005
It is not significant hence no live video feed.

Only one possible conclusion, no iPhone 5.

acnewyork

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
Can we all accept it now...

No live feed because there's nothing major to speak about and show off!! Lol, there is the iPhone 4s which is a major hardware upgrade not a new radical new design... sort of; no, just like 3Gs form the 3G.

The software, iOS 5 has been explained all ready and the iCloud intergration also. Which still want help a lot of people because, wait for it, THERE'S NO IPHOTO RELEASED. Most can't wait to take photos and have them shoot back home to be waiting... aint going to happen unless they also release iPhoto tomorow also. The iWorks for iOS isn't a great marketing tool for the masses of consumers who will probably recieve..

10.7.2 RC

iOS 5

and like most fan boi we are going to clamour over not being able to shoot our photos over the iCloud with our revamped 4s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.