Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happycadaver

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2012
Germany
I have an Office365 subscription with 1TB of OneDrive online storage included.

My main usage is "sort of" backing up my digital lossless music library of about 1400 albums.

The main issue is, that i find uploading the music via browser is sometimes very slow - despite fast internet connection - and often unstable (failed uploads). Regardless of the used browser.

Is there any other more reliable option to upload files to OneDrive? The OSX app doesn't seem to support one-way uploading without syncing, which don't want.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I find the OneDrive app to be slow, never mind the web interface.

There is a backup app, whose name is escaping me, which allows you to backup up your data via the cloud (which may be dropbox, Amazon or OneDrive). I'll see if i can dig up the name, but if memory serves me, I didn't buy the app because backing up to the OneDrive storage was very slow.
[doublepost=1463568673][/doublepost]I found the thread where we were discussing the app. The app is Arq and the therad is:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/backblaze-vs-crashplan-vs-carbonite-vs.1945458/

happycadaver

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2012
Germany
After a very friendly conversation with support, Arq doesn't quite meet my requirements.

I did switch to Dropbox Pro for sustainability. DL/UL speeds are really great and without any issues. I uploaded 150 albums in one try yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.