Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
Adobe CC 2015 (after yesterday's update)

Photoshop CC 2015 works
Illustrator CC 2015 works
InDesign CC 2015 does NOT work. It crashes immediately throwing an error. Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 09.46.55.png

UPDATE:
I simply reinstalled InDesign via the Creative Cloud app... and it works... just like all the others... I suspect an outdated plug in caused this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: macintoshmac

OJCDEV

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2013
I got a different error when trying to call someone; worried I was irritating them with lots of missed calls, I tried testing by calling myself and that generates the above error.

When calling other people I get "Caller Account Needs Update" but if they ring me it works fine.
Any fix with this? I have noticed that this bug only takes place with certain contacts which is weird.

emorana87

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
San Luis Obispo
Has anyone had success opening GIMP in OS X 10.11? Every time I try opening it and it gets to searching for fonts I get a new color wheel I haven't seen before and the program is non responsive when I look at it in Force Quit.

Reactions: dab685

emorana87

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
San Luis Obispo
Microsoft Office 2016 Previews are working
IntelliJ14 working
Eclipse working
Coda 2.5.1 working
gfxCardStatus working
gimp working

Maxthon not working
GPGMail getting disabled

I've also been having some issues with home-brew (rootless disabled, chown /usr/local /usr/Cellar), specifically cmake, though I'm not convinced this is a capitan issue (trying to install ldc llvm front-end).
GIMP has worked for you? Did it take a long time to get through the finding fonts part of the load process?

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
Working

gfxCardStatus
SimplyBurns

Sort of Working

smcFanControl <---Displays temp and fan speed but is not allowing me to change fan speeds

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Outlook 15.3 for me doesn't work... Keeps asking to activate when it already is activated :(

Edit: Newest update is 15.6, might just see if this will fix anything.
Double Edit: Nope. Still asking to Activate.

Last edited:

mnott

macrumors member
May 28, 2014
Why not boot into Recovery mode, turn off SIP under utilities, reboot, do what you need to do, and then turn it back on. Much cleaner than the sudo route, in my opinion.

Anyhow, here's a short script for that:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

ME=`basename $0`
IS=$(nvram boot-args | awk '{ print $2 }' | grep rootless | cut -d= -f2)

if [ $# -lt 1 ]; then
  if [ "$IS" == "1" ]; then
    echo "Rootless mode currently active. Use $ME 0 to deactivate."
  else
    echo "rootless mode currently inactive. Use $ME 1 to activate."
  fi
  exit
fi

if [ "$1" == "0" ]; then
  if [ "$IS" == "1" ]; then
    sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0";
    echo "Rootless mode deactivated. Reboot to apply.";
  else
    echo "Rootless mode already inactive. Nothing changed.";
  fi
else
  if [ "$IS" == "0" ]; then
    sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=1";
    echo "Rootless mode activated. Reboot to apply.";
  else
    echo "Rootless mode already active. Nothing changed.";
  fi
fi

mnott

macrumors member
May 28, 2014
The path to latexpdf and latexmf get cut when you upgrade to El Capitan. You have to rebuild the link with ln -s in terminal, or you can just add the path to whatever Latex frontend you're compiling from. In SublimeText 3, for example, I just put the following as one of the paths in LatexTools under SublimeText -> Preference -> Package Settings -> Latex Tools -> Settings - User:

/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs/texbin

i.e.:

"osx": {
// Path used when invoking tex & friends; MUST include $PATH
"texpath" : "$PATH:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin:/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs/texbin"
// Path to PDF viewer, if needed
// TODO think about it. Also, maybe configure it here!
},

On my end, the symlink in /usr/ pointing to /usr/texbin was missing. I don't really remember, but maybe I removed /usr/texbin to some other location after upgrading to Yosemite, in order to have future upgrades run faster. Anyway, that said, if you've any content in /usr that's not there by default, check it out. Adding the symlink required disabling rootless.

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Regarding: Parallels Bootcamp partition (Other VM's work fine)

How does it not work? This is the one thing preventing me from installing on my daily driver rMBP.

Thanks.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I've just updated Outlook Preview to the latest version (15.11) and the folder pane is now blank (although I can click blindly inside the pane and change the current folder).

And that calls for this, of course :)

mqqs3.jpg
So you could preview your previews...

LOL!!!!!ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ°゚°。。

S8ER01Z

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
Do you mean "SMC" fan control? If so, not properly. It displays the temp and fan speed but does not let me change the fan speeds.

No it's called 'SSD Fan Control', used when putting an unofficial SSD into a mac device to keep the fans from running at full speed.

Edit: Seems to work just fine. Just tested.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.