Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vickysud

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
any update on any NTFS app working with El Capitan. My external Hard drives are useless at the moment.

Edit : Nevermind got Tuxera NTFS working after disabling rootless

Last edited:

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Boom 2 isn't working.
Bartender partially works. Items hidden in the Bartender menu only sometimes show up, but it will hide any item you want hidden off the main menu bar.
Forecast Bar partially works. Shows weather in menu bar, but it isn't clickable to view other details.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Same problem for me. I was able to launch mail with the shift key down so the offending email wouldn't be selected. I then went into mail prefs>accounts and unchecked "Enable this account"

I had considered this earlier, but your post helped me decide to "go for it". And as expected, it got me going again, in Mail. But it still doesn't solve the problem of accessing my Gmail account. Hopefully the next beta will be out soon. For some reason, Mail, especially when it comes to Gmail accounts in Mail is particularly difficult for Apple to sort out. I spent weeks working with Apple engineers on a similar issue with Yosemite (10.10.3).

Dealing with it in beta is one thing, but having the issues with the production release will be a major problem for me.

Suspended
Jun 14, 2015
What about backup apps like:

CrashPlan - I believe it uses Java?
Backblaze

Are all Java dependant programs not compatible? I know Java 6 is not supported, but I believe I am using Java 1.7 SDK which is Java 7 if I am not wrong?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I had considered this earlier, but your post helped me decide to "go for it". And as expected, it got me going again, in Mail. But it still doesn't solve the problem of accessing my Gmail account. Hopefully the next beta will be out soon. For some reason, Mail, especially when it comes to Gmail accounts in Mail is particularly difficult for Apple to sort out. I spent weeks working with Apple engineers on a similar issue with Yosemite (10.10.3).

Dealing with it in beta is one thing, but having the issues with the production release will be a major problem for me.

The blame is on google, not Apple.
Google seems to use non standard Imap.(AFIAK)

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
FaceTime is not working:

I can see and hear the person I am connecting, but the other person can only see me and not hear me. Afterwards tested with iPhone and all is working.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Has anyone had any trouble using a USB accessory (smart card reader) attached to a Fusion 7 virtual machine (win 7)? I can't seem to get it working? Drivers are installed. Worked fine upgrading from Mavericks through all the Yosemite beta's.

Reactions: originalmagneto

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Why not boot into Recovery mode, turn off SIP under utilities, reboot, do what you need to do, and then turn it back on. Much cleaner than the sudo route, in my opinion.
Not sure what you mean by "cleaner", but Apple have confirmed that doing this via the terminal will be no longer be available in the future and it should be done through the recovery partition.

Last edited:

dammerl

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Europe
What about backup apps like:

CrashPlan - I believe it uses Java?
Backblaze

Are all Java dependant programs not compatible? I know Java 6 is not supported, but I believe I am using Java 1.7 SDK which is Java 7 if I am not wrong?

According to this, starting with OS X 10.7.3 CrashPlan uses its own JRE. This makes me believe that it should work. Not sure though.

OJCDEV

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2013
Anyone else getting this error when trying to FaceTime someone?
VhDn6Cx.png

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Anyone else getting this error when trying to FaceTime someone
I got a different error when trying to call someone; worried I was irritating them with lots of missed calls, I tried testing by calling myself and that generates the above error.

When calling other people I get "Caller Account Needs Update" but if they ring me it works fine.

zBobbyT

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2015
Can anyone let me know about the following apps:

SwitchResX
SmoothMouse
USB Overdrive
uBlock

Thanks. :)

SwitchResX died. All custom res's say "Not activated - invalid?" now. I believe it may due to programs not being able to write to system files. My 4k reverted back to 30hz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.