Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Graphics performance is bad. Animations and scrolling are very sluggish, which is quite surprising given how new this machine is. I have noticed that if I switch to the discrete card things are faster, but I don't want to have to engage the discrete card to have smooth animations

If it's any consolation, animations/scrolling/general graphics are also very sluggish on my 2011 MBP. This is especially bad with the Notification Center. Give it time, it's the very first developer preview, and it's most likely debugging code.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Feels a bit sluggish for me when doing stuff - I got decent specs and had no issue before installing beta - but this is a typical bug with beta so can't complain.

Messages app doesn't show any messages new or old.

AndreCurtin

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
I encountered a Wi-Fi bug in which it would say connect but still search for my Wi-fi. It isn't as bad as many betas before it though.

Xafke

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
When I booted my fully charged Macbook it shows a battery charge of 0% in the menubar. When I click it to see more information it shows "Battery charged".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 21.37.50.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 21.37.50.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 25,885
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 21.37.55.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 21.37.55.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 25,877

dyrer

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Greece
When I booted my fully charged Macbook it shows a battery charge of 0% in the menubar. When I click it to see more information it shows "Battery charged".

Do a restart and it will be fixed.

Anyone have crashes with Safari?

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
If you have a blank password on your main entry screen, Yosemite won't let you access your Desktop.

DOOMED. (Sending this post from a Linux. Grrr)

D A

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
Three-finger swipe left doesn't work (go back), swiping right does work however. Enabling/disabling it in System Preferences makes no difference.

Will try a PRAM and SMC reset to see if that sorts it out.

Also there's barely any difference between no bars and all bars in the WiFi icon, so it's almost impossible to tell if you are connected or not.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Three-finger swipe left doesn't work (go back), swiping right does work however. Enabling/disabling it in System Preferences makes no difference.

Also there's barely any difference between no bars and all bars in the WiFi icon, so it's almost impossible to tell if you are connected or not.

For me it stayed like it was on Mavericks with custom gestures.

2 fingers swipe --> scroll
3 fingers swipe --> drag/select
4 fingers swipe --> mission control/next-previous desktop/all windows preview.

It does seem to misinterpret gesture occasionally which wasn't occuring on Mavericks, but in general it's working like it should.

D A

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
For me it stayed like it was on Mavericks with custom gestures.

2 fingers swipe --> scroll
3 fingers swipe --> drag/select
4 fingers swipe --> mission control/next-previous desktop/all windows preview.

It does seem to misinterpret gesture occasionally which wasn't occuring on Mavericks, but in general it's working like it should.

I reset PRAM and the SMC and it made no difference. Neither two or three finger back gesture works, but both forward gestures work.

Crayon Meld

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
Bronxville, NY
So I've run in to a few issues with 10.10 so far, I'll detail them below in case anyone else has run in to them or possibly fixed them. None of them are that big of a deal, I knew what I was getting into with the Beta and this is not my main machine.

- Chrome will startup, but freeze when I try to scroll on any page.

- The menu bar will get graphically "stuck" on whatever the first app I open is. I can still use all the functionality, of whatever app I switch to, however. Here is a screenshot since that description was real confusing - http://cl.ly/VsyW

- Tried to use disk utility to repair permissions to see if that did anything, but I am not able to do anything - http://cl.ly/Vt2a

- The multitouch gesture for notification center doesn't work

- I cant get an iPhone (8.0 and 7.1.1) to see my computer for AirDrop

- I cant get the continuation handoff to work, even after enabling the option.

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
finding some things are taking a reboot in order to activate:

'disable automatic login' kept checking itself, now Ive rebooted and logged back in from login screen its finally remaining unchecked

disabled web based searching in spotlight but again had no effect till a reboot - until then spotlight still returned web based results

missing icons in finder and file open sidebars when in large sidebar icons view; particularly Documents and Applications but not limited to those - seems to deteriorate and take other icons out as time goes on.

Doubleclicking finder window title enlarges the window then sizes it back down again each time I doubleclick.. until I open a second finder window - ..then the first one increases and decreases in size just as before, but the second one only increases in size once. No amount of doubleclicking on second finder window title will have any effect after that first successful double click.

spotlight seems to lock up on first access of it after a reboot, you click the icon and no search bar appears on screen, second time around it seems to work OK

have enabled reduced transparency but does nothing for the Apps/Utils/Download folders back ground when accessing them from the dock in grid view - still brings up the white transparent background.

Much preferred the dark grey ever so slightly transparent grid view of 10.6/7/8/9 - particularly as the new white transparent background initially draws in pure white then settles down to refelct whats behind it which is really jarring/distracting depending on whats behind it on screen.

If its allowed to remain as is without option of altering transparency or reverting to dark grey then hopefully dark mode will come to the rescue (once its enabled).

Likewise I'm finding the folder icons too vivid a blue (particularly in finders windows Path Bar) and the blue on buttons needs toned down a little too - in some app dialogs its so strong that its hard to read the button text at first glance.

not sure if its a bug or a feature but the sidebar icons size setting is pretty inconsistent - affects mail and finder sidebars but not itunes. On plus side resetting to medium or small sorts out the missing finder sidebar icons :)

Dual monitors seems OK on here can full screen an app on one (or even both) displays without the other display going blank as some folks report.

D A

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
Is the Dock a fixed size now? I had disabled resizing of the Dock in 10.9 and now after reversing that preference I still can't resize the dock.

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
Is the Dock a fixed size now? I had disabled resizing of the Dock in 10.9 and now after reversing that preference I still can't resize the dock.

Seems OK to me - I can use the slider to resize it from around a fifth of my monitor width upto almost entire width of the monitor (around an icons worth of empty space at each side on max zoom it will allow).

That said I did throw another HD in to the box for a clean install of DP1 though so YMMV if you've installed over 10.9

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I was installing 10.10 onto an external USB drive connect to a nMP which is connected to a Cyber Source UPS. It looked like everything was going fine so I stepped away when I came back everything that was connected to the Mac and UPS was powered off. Including the UPS device.

Doesn't look like the installer liked my Cyber Power. Once I powered the UPS back up and then the nMP the installer started again and everything was ok.

Just weird. Don't freak out if everything shuts down and you have your Mac connected to a UPS.

On another note once I installed the latest Drobo Dashboard I was able to see and access my Drobo.

dakota747

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Utah
Sound fix!

All of the core audio is busted.

Final Cut Pro has that circle X on it.

anyone with a sound problem, i have found the fix from someone on the apple developer forums! put this in terminal:
sudo mv /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/InstantOn.driver /tmp

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
I have some crashes with spotlight and safari. The start lock screen shows only 1% of battery charge and mission control sometimes doesn't work :(

Ozid

macrumors regular
May 22, 2011
Los Angeles
Core Audio has seemingly crashed on my iMac. Currently nothing audio related works. Investigating.

Audio MIDI setup was dead for the longest time, now reports "No Devices Found on the System"

2013 iMac runs 10.10 terribly. No audio, every app runs slow as dirt. 2010 13 MacBook runs it well, though. Guess I'm doing most of my work on that for now.

Overall I like the OS, though. I can't wait to get some of these projects updated and pretty.

edit: this is a great find. Actually solved a lot of my performance issues as well.

anyone with a sound problem, i have found the fix from someone on the apple developer forums! put this in terminal:
sudo mv /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/InstantOn.driver /tmp

Last edited:

Dundonik

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2013
So far my two finger swipe to go back works only sometimes and using my external mouse makes the cursor fly into the top right corner and when I try to move it it returns to the same spot. Guess I'm back to Mavericks

Ishayu

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2012
Denmark
This isn't strictly speaking a bug with OS X 10.10, but be very careful not to use TRIM Enabler. You'll get the "forbidden" sign when you next reboot.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004

I've noticed the same issue. I was able to get it to work intermittently by changing it to 3 or 4 finger swipe.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
Launchpad, Safari and Reminders are invisible on the dock.

Wait, Safari came back after 5 minutes. Reminders came back after 7.

Launchpad still invisible.

Pmarroquin

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Safari + Facebook Scroll Bug

I'm having a weird bug, when I go into Facebook in Safari and open a Facebook chat window and start writing, the Facebook news feed starts scrolling as I write... Is this happen to anybody?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.