Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensaladin

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
I made the clean install, and the only bug that I think that I have is adding an exchange account.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I'm having a weird bug, when I go into Facebook in Safari and open a Facebook chat window and start writing, the Facebook news feed starts scrolling as I write... Is this happen to anybody?

As someone said earlier. Just put the Safari window in Full Screen Mode. It fixes the problem when you do that :D

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Just got 10.10 installed on my 2012 iMac. Weirdly, I have no transparencies at all, except for the dock. Am I missing something?

sc2az95

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
WPA2 Enterprise connection issues

I'm not able to connect to my company WP2 Enterprise wifi. I get "Connection Failed" errors. Also having issues with VMWare

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
I have the "sleep wake failure" issue that began in 10.9.3 Apple please fix this :(

MiddleJolly

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
What's battery life like for everyone? Especially with a MBA?

I'm at 92% now, only browsing Safari, and I'm getting about 8:30 of battery life remaining.

Yes, I'm aware it's a Developer Preview not optimized for battery performance - still just trying to gauge where others are at :cool:

I was able to watch 3 hours of movies on one cycle today. I don't know exactly how much I would get on mavericks, but it was noticeably better on Yosemite. I guess quicktime was upgraded somehow to improve power efficiency.

----------

Hi, I've installed my Yosemite beta from the dev website and installed under 45 mins. Since installing my Mac is basically unusable, i know it's a beta but I've never used a beta so dysfunctional before. Every 10 seconds my mac freezes and I have to force quit an app, my system preferences don't work and my mac won't recognise my built-in speakers, iTunes and Mail won't load and the new Safari won't load any webpage. Has anyone got anything similar to me, any advice?

Go to your Macintosh HD/library/audio/plug-ins/HAL then delete the instant on driver. I had the same issue and that fixed it! Hope this helps.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Is there still someone using launchpad (as opposed to spotlight)?

I assume not many, cause when in rare cases I do use it, I see the scrolling lag from early Mavericks builds remained, and that's hardly acceptable when even an iPad is perfectly capable of scrolling through app icons perfectly smoothly.

MiddleJolly

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
By the way, I know this isn't recommended, but I'm using Yosemite with my main MB Pro. The only impacting bug that stops me from doing anything is the iTunes Sync bug. Other than that, OS X runs just fine. I have 16 GB of RAM in so that may affect the performance or reduce lag as opposed to a macbook air with only 2 GB. So far I love it!

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
By the way, I know this isn't recommended, but I'm using Yosemite with my main MB Pro. The only impacting bug that stops me from doing anything is the iTunes Sync bug. Other than that, OS X runs just fine. I have 16 GB of RAM in so that may affect the performance or reduce lag as opposed to a macbook air with only 2 GB. So far I love it!

I do use it as main OS as well, it certainly doesn't have any critical bugs which could prevent me from doing so. The bugs are mainly with new features and optimization.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Just got 10.10 installed on my 2012 iMac. Weirdly, I have no transparencies at all, except for the dock. Am I missing something?

Is the finder sidebar transparent? Is the command+tab bar transparent? Is the spotlight transparent?

it also depends on the background color and background activity if these things are transparent or not, but you should notice them at some point. Also, window title bar is hardly transparent in any given time, and when it is, it's the scrolled content behind it and not the content behind application window:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 21.21.55 .png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 21.21.55 .png
    206.3 KB · Views: 306

blatch

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2006
i had also the spotlight bug, and found this thread but this doesn't help.

So i tried different things: new user -> no problem.

but thats no solution

BUT: since i opened dictionary and disabled all dictionaries (Preferences of Dict.) my spotlight is working fine.

i hope that helps u.

(sorry for my bad english)

EDIT: hmm, now i am working with it and it is crashing sometime, too, but not every time when i type 1 letter.

greetings from germany
This helped me and made it work fine. I had a custom Webster's installed and given first priority, and apparently spotlight doesn't like that. It doesn't matter what order it's in, but if it's enabled Spotlight crashes after one typed character. Using just the stock options everything seems fine. Thanks a ton!

Edit: Netflix is working with the new Safari w/o Silverlight, I think.

Last edited:

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
My Color profiles seem messed up on Yosemite.
The screen is a little blue-ish and when using the integrated graphics I get choppy animations sometimes.

Other than that - Mail keeps freezing especially when I try to restart the mac.

The interface grows on me - I am starting to appreciate that is quite pleasant and clean.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Has anyone noticed that if you try to send an iMessage using notification centre, you can enter the recipient but you cannot type a message.

Wrong Turn

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2013
I've got a MBP early 2011, Iphone 5S & iPad 3.

Major issues:
- Can't make use of iCloud sharing.
- Airdrop with iPhone not working (can't even find each other).
- Handoff not working, at all, in any way.
- Exchange & iCloud mail unchecked in settings, can't check it, but it seems to work.
-Same as for many others, i still need to use the favorites bar since Safari does not bring them up when entering the search field (the folders).
-Spotlight does not show up when pressing the icon, doing it twice brings it up.
- Cannot connect MBP and iPhone via BT, but it's all okay MBP --> iPad.

Have tried tons of stuff to make them work, no luck yet.

I hope they change the icons to the same type iOS uses, they might be ugly, but i'll take that if i gain continuity (if that's the right english word for it).

blatch

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2006
I've got a MBP early 2011, Iphone 5S & iPad 3.

Major issues:
- Can't make use of iCloud sharing.
- Airdrop with iPhone not working (can't even find each other).
- Handoff not working, at all, in any way.
- Exchange & iCloud mail unchecked in settings, can't check it, but it seems to work.
-Same as for many others, i still need to use the favorites bar since Safari does not bring them up when entering the search field (the folders).
-Spotlight does not show up when pressing the icon, doing it twice brings it up.
- Cannot connect MBP and iPhone via BT, but it's all okay MBP --> iPad.

Have tried tons of stuff to make them work, no luck yet.

I hope they change the icons to the same type iOS uses, they might be ugly, but i'll take that if i gain continuity (if that's the right english word for it).
Did you enable Handoff under System Preferences → General?

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
discoveryd[59] flooding my console

Since I rebooted a few minutes ago my console is flooded with:

04/06/14 22:35:20,223 discoveryd[59]: Basic DNSResolver Got a truncated message even though we were doing TCP

User is _mdnsresponder

Searched for this call with Google & MR, no luck.
Anyone?

~ Cheers

alexryans

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2010
Couple of things I've noticed:
  • Handoff does work for me on certain apps, but Messages reports as being Safari
  • The dropdown list of contacts in Messages when creating a new conversation appears with a crazy oval overlay
  • Bluetooth is a bit flaky on a Late 2012 iMac - both Magic Mouse and keyboard have very high battery levels but occasionally drop out completely for a second or two

I should probably note this if from a clean install of DP1, rather than an upgrade, and with regards to the Bluetooth point - this was fine in Mavericks and has only arisen since installing Yosemite, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that.

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
I've noticed that simply restarting my Macbook Air about ~3-4 times over the past few days has eliminated the vast majority of OS (not safari) bugs I've encountered.

justblais

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
I have a weird bug where none of the icons in my dock show up except for Finder, Mail, iTunes and Terminal (Missing stuff like messages, Safari, etc)

Has anyone found a way to kill the dock? I bet that would fix it, but killall dock tells me no processes match what I requested.

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Is three-finger swipe to go back a page in Firefox not working for anyone else after the upgrade? Three-finger forward, up, and down are all fine.

Edit: Not working in Safari, either.

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
I was wondering why my MacBook Pro became slow all of the sudden.

:eek:

I assure you, I don't have nearly that much memory on this thing.

Is three-finger swipe to go back a page in Firefox not working for anyone else after the upgrade? Three-finger forward, up, and down are all fine.

Also having this problem in Safari.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 7.46.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 7.46.10 PM.png
    425.1 KB · Views: 542

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
I was wondering why my MacBook Pro became slow all of the sudden.

:eek:

I assure you, I don't have nearly that much memory on this thing.

Also having this problem in Safari.

WOW now that's extreme :D

I noticed that Yosemite has some memory management issues when I launched WIN8.1 virtualbox machine with 2GB RAM reserved and saw swap file above 1GB being used, but this is a bit more over the board. :D

EDIT: What's exactly the virtual memory?

Cause actually after second time of asking I utilized 2.5GB for virtualbox and swap file was only 200MB, virtual memory became 5GB, compressed: 300MB.

So if physical memory is 4GB and compressed 300MB and swap used only 200MB I fail to understand where that 5GB came from.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.