Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Great, thanks Apple for screwing over the rest of the world, as if we don't suffer enough with the inflated prices. Of course what they meant to say is "We are sorting out the wifi issues but don't want to admit it".

LOL! Exactly!!!!! Or maybe its because they are going to put one of those ultra fast ultra pro 330m cards in, like they did on the MBP :mad: Can you detect my sarcasm??????

ricartedor

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
I fear that come "Fall" suddenly the 1st gen iPad will run like **** because of multitasking.. until the next one comes out like 2 weeks later if not THE day OS 4.0 for iPad is released, with double RAM.

Last edited:

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Agreed on the first point : the novelty wore out. It's overpriced because of this.

Really an Archos 7? Really? Different strokes I guess but I don't see any real connection between that device and an iPad. They both play video/audio granted but apart from that....

Edwin

BruiserBear

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
I'm not buying the claims of "it's so popular we can't keep up".

I personally think they're having manufacturing problems but no company ever really wants to admit that, so it's often said that the product is just too popular!

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, yes. The pathetic one-way street of fanboyism here.

Nokia is the #1 global cell phone maker, it's because complete and total a**holes buy them because they're jealous of Apple and want to punish them.

Is there literally nothing you guys won't spin???

You are the one who is spinning. I'm the one who actually owns an iPad, so I know the reality of using one. You do not.

napabar

Suspended
Jun 12, 2008
What next? 2G iPad announced the day after us Brits actually get the first gen one??

I get the strangest sense that come "Fall" suddenly the 1st gen iPad will run like **** because of multitasking.. until the next one comes out like 2 weeks later if not THE day OS 4.0 for iPad is released, with double RAM.

My point is this: those of you who have no sympathy, just remember that these two months we international citizens won't have the iPad are an extra two months on top of the gap between the announcement of the iPad and its release which the US endured. Therefore, we are getting the iPad some 5 months after it was first announced.
SURELY you can see that this is quite worrying, because we don't know what apple's refresh cycle for the iPad will be like (yearly like the iPod, or every few years like the Mac) We also have no price, so noone knows just how much money they are going to be asked to pay.

Of course, hardly anyone will have thought like this so they won't hesitate to buy and apple will get away with money for **** tech that's outdated in mere months. Mark my words, come OS 4.0, if the next iPhone has a hint of extra RAM compared to the iPad, then the iPad will get it soon after "Fall"

If any of my predictions come true then I will never buy an apple product again.

If the iPad is slow with multi-tasking, then the 3Gs will be too. They both have 256 megs of RAM.

So, you're saying Apple shouldn't upgrade future products just so you'll feel good about your current purchase?

Wow, the narcissism in these forums runs rampant.

sarko

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2010
I'm not buying the claims of "it's so popular we can't keep up".

I personally think they're having manufacturing problems but no company ever really wants to admit that, so it's often said that the product is just too popular!

The naked truth.

+1

"Screw you, Apple."

BruiserBear

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
What next? 2G iPad announced the day after us Brits actually get the first gen one??

I get the strangest sense that come "Fall" suddenly the 1st gen iPad will run like **** because of multitasking.. until the next one comes out like 2 weeks later if not THE day OS 4.0 for iPad is released, with double RAM.

My point is this: those of you who have no sympathy, just remember that these two months we international citizens won't have the iPad are an extra two months on top of the gap between the announcement of the iPad and its release which the US endured. Therefore, we are getting the iPad some 5 months after it was first announced.
SURELY you can see that this is quite worrying, because we don't know what apple's refresh cycle for the iPad will be like (yearly like the iPod, or every few years like the Mac) We also have no price, so noone knows just how much money they are going to be asked to pay.

Of course, hardly anyone will have thought like this so they won't hesitate to buy and apple will get away with money for **** tech that's outdated in mere months. Mark my words, come OS 4.0, if the next iPhone has a hint of extra RAM compared to the iPad, then the iPad will get it soon after "Fall"

If any of my predictions come true then I will never buy an apple product again.

Don't worry, you're predictions are not going to come true. The iPad is going to be updated yearly. The iPad is going to run just fine on OS4.

If you were paying attention you would have noticed that everyone who's run OS4 on the iPhone 3GS has said it runs very snappy and quick. The iPad has a much better processor in it than the 3GS, so how on earth do you expect the iPad is going to run poorly with the new OS. That makes no sense.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, yes. The pathetic one-way street of fanboyism here.

Nokia is the #1 global cell phone maker, it's because complete and total a**holes buy them because they're jealous of Apple and want to punish them.

No, it's because Nokia makes cheap flotsam it floods the market with, classifies non-smartphones as "smartphones" (some of the "smartphones" in their lineup are a total joke) and has been doing this for years.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I think this may turn out to be a good thing for UK consumers.

The more apple sell in the US, the more they will recoup on R&D costs. Maybe it will result in us getting it a little cheaper than we would have done.

Unfortunately no. What actually happens is, they realise that they are popular, figure that they can make an even greater profit in 'the rest of the world' and make it a little more expensive here.

Brucey

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

jlasoon said:
Why cant the available stock be shared ?

Sucks to the non US customer base and is a real smack round the face to be honest to be told they are selling 'so well' in the US so 'You cant have one'.

It's an AMERICAN COMPANY, we get first dibs, deal with it. :rolleyes: I'm still waiting for my 3g for crying out loud. Grow a spine!!!

Then I hope the International release is of iPads which have the wifi issues resolved.
Or, the competitors, Google, HP, Microsoft Courier release their tablets internationally before Apple and take a huge chunk of what should have been Apple's market.
Pissed off!

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
cash.jpg

Over promise, under deliver - Apple's new company slogan :D

Sh*t happens. It'll just end up driving demand that much higher.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
I don't agree.
I don' t think an european company would do this. If, say, BMW was short on supply, would they stop selling cars in the U.S. and only sell them in Europe?
Probably not!
This might not be the best example but why can't Apple just treat all customers the same, it would only be fair...
A) This is not about stopping to sell cars in a given country, it is about starting to sell it there somewhat later.
B) Can you tell when the last simultaneous launch of a German car model in Europe and the US was? I don't follow this in detail but I distinctly remember multiple occasion when the press talked about the US start of model X, clearly indicating that the US start was the same date as the European or German one.

calebx

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
Hmm, the iPad is only released in the U.S. and it's #1 here. Oh, that's a real good litmus test you have right there.

"1 out of 1 people love the iPad." No, seriously, stop... you're killing me here! My sides are hurting from all the laughing.

Meanwhile the iPhone isn't the #1 global smart phone and you we're into our 3rd DECADE with Mac OS only getting a piddly 10% of the market share while Windows 7 is already AT 10% levels and climbing! HA! :D

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/ne...s-10-market-share.ars?comments=1#comments-bar
But you little kiddies be happy with the little sardine you caught with your branch, string and hook. Maybe one days Jaws will bite! hahahaha

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK

My point is this: those of you who have no sympathy, just remember that these two months we international citizens won't have the iPad are an extra two months on top of the gap between the announcement of the iPad and its release which the US endured. Therefore, we are getting the iPad some 4/5 months after it was first announced.

I am the first brit to get hacked off with the delay but, Apple refresh like the weather changes lol. Look at the iphone, most people are still in 18/24 month contracts. Its not the fault of the products Apple just dont match or care about what people want or when.

We are going to get the ipad end of May early June and the next iPhone is just around the corner (based on past launch dates).

Saying that maybe due to the fact that most EU countries have better 3g maybe we should ge tthe 3g iPad before the USA..... :D

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
But you little kiddies be happy with the little sardine you caught with your branch, string and hook. Maybe one days Jaws will bite! hahahaha

And you keep using a PC with software that copies Apple's, and you keep using a music/video player that copies Apple's, and you keep using a smart phone that copies Apple's.

And while you are off in the corner laughing at us, we'll be getting the next thing you'll eventually buy a copy of.

calebx

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
No, it's because Nokia makes cheap flotsam it floods the market with, classifies non-smartphones as "smartphones" (some of the "smartphones" in their lineup are a total joke) and has been doing this for years.

*coughs iPods* Two-way street there, Skippy. I've heard your feeble excuses in the past and smart people still don't buy it.

Yeah, I bet those iPod Shuffles are real top class right there.

till

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
New York or Berlin

Not too far off. I've slid from desperately wanting one to seriously considering waiting for the second revision. If I have to buy something else (netbook) in the meantime to fill my actual need for a minimally-capable, highly-portable computer, then the iPad is reduced to a mere want for a slick entertainment device.

The second gen is almost certainly going to phase out the 16GB model, pushing 32GB to the lowest price. There will probably be a camera, which I don't particularly give a crap about. There will probably be a couple extra hardware improvements. More RAM? A multi-core CPU?

At this point, my feeling is: why not wait?

sarko

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2010
Hmm, the iPad is only released in the U.S. and it's #1 here. Oh, that's a real good litmus test you have right there.

"1 out of 1 people love the iPad." No, seriously, stop... you're killing me here! My sides are hurting from all the laughing.

Meanwhile the iPhone isn't the #1 global smart phone and you we're into our 3rd DECADE with Mac OS only getting a piddly 10% of the market share while Windows 7 is already AT 10% levels and climbing! HA! :D

8.75% my friend. What strikes me is I wanted Apple because I wanted to belong to the smart minority, but obviously, the herd syndrome is as heavy here as in the Gatesworld.

calebx

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
And you keep using a PC with software that copies Apple's, and you keep using a music/video player that copies Apple's, and you keep using a smart phone that copies Apple's.

And while you are off in the corner laughing at us, we'll be getting the next thing you'll eventually buy a copy of.

Oh, I'm sorry. I couldn't quite hear you. You see, I was too busy finding an alternative to iTunes as a gateway to my iPod and the media I want to connect it to.

Mmm-hmm.

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK

ouch... your fast! :)

R3tard

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
The Reason

LOL, I take those signatures off every device. Never understand that impulse.

Mostly I do it to be pretentious.

Actually though - I communicate with people via email a lot and through different accounts from different computers. The signature lets them know I'm "out of the office" or it may also indicate why my email may be terse.

Sent From My Work Computer ( hope my boss doesn't see )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.