Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

USAntigoon

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Rochester Hills, MI
The new Capture One Pro vs 22 has just been released and the pano/stitching feature is just amazing.. I was always using PTGui and now what the C1P developers have done blows me away....
No more ping-pong with other pieces of software, like PTGui.. Same can be said for the HDR merge and Photomatix....
Took 43 RAW shots with my Canon 5DIII in Brenizer style and the stitching was perfect... No Pano "Nodal Ninja" on tripod were used..All free hand..
The stitched end result is .dng file, which still contains enough RAW data such that all post adjustments can be dome affecting the end result..
Just love what I have seen..

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
CF000301_Panorama.jpg

Slightly cropped 3-image stitch.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Canaveral National Seashore NP is divided into two sections due to an inlet and no bridge over it. Today I went to the northern half. The two panoramic photos were taken from the top of Turtle Mound, a Native American midden that is high enough that was a major navigational landmark used by Spanish (and French) sailors as they discovered and settled in the New World. The five frames looking north along the barrier island shows New Smyrna Beach in the distance. The 6 frame pano looking south is the National Park, and the site of a mid 19th Century settlement of Eldora.
Canaveral NP New Smyrna2 4000px.jpg

Canaveral NP Sew Symnra1 3000px.jpg

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
earlier today I posted two images, then it dawned on me to try a stitch o_O
so into Lightroom Classic, merge panorama and look what popped out. No extra editing by me.
I think I’m a wee bit surprised how it turned out ?
Yep, I've had great results with Affinity Photo. Takes about a minute to do what used to take me up to an hour by hand.

Reactions: squawk7000

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
1643951787155.png

Another one like @squawk7000’s where the intention while shooting wasn’t a pano, but then I decided to give it a try because I thought it would look cool. Unfortunately these were taken with an iPhone (and I forgot to turn on ProRAW) with heavy vignetting. Lightroom can merge them happily but doesn’t de-vignette. Photoshop de-vignettes quite well but there isn’t enough overlap to merge all three (two works fine, but not the right-most which I think is the important one!). Maybe at some point I’ll do it manually but I haven’t yet.

Still, even if it’s not perfect, the concept of being able to get a shot even this good from a cell phone wouldn’t have even crossed my mind a few years ago!

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
cc6d40a37afd5836ebe668a3abdf789d.jpg

Unfortunately I didn’t get it as empty as you.
I want to go back as there were too many people to even think about a photo, much less a pano. Usually don't travel with a tripod but could envision multiple stacked long exposures with neutral density filter. Then progress to do the same thing multi-stack with a pano sequence.

Movement is good in the courtyard/plaza but wouldn't work close in with the line waiting to get in. Just not enough movement to ghost people out.

Reactions: akash.nu

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Should have brought the Lumix or the tripod but even hand held the Fuji did all right. Anyways when the lighting is good you use the camera you have with you.

Five horizontal panel stitch done in Affinity. FL equivalent ~100mm. As with all the panoramas posted here, best to view the images full sized.

WhalebackB.jpg

Last edited:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Have you been to Linville and gone up on Grandfather Mountain? Site of the "mile-high swinging bridge"?! I used to love seeing Grandfather Mountain greeting me as I was driving along Rte 105 around Foscoe, towards Linville, Banner Elk, Newland, Sugar Mountain, etc. enroute to visit my parents who lived in Land Harbor at that time, many years ago now. That whole area is simply gorgeous, isn't it?

Reactions: bondr006

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Have you been to Linville and gone up on Grandfather Mountain? Site of the "mile-high swinging bridge"?! I used to love seeing Grandfather Mountain greeting me as I was driving along Rte 105 around Foscoe, towards Linville, Banner Elk, Newland, Sugar Mountain, etc. enroute to visit my parents who lived in Land Harbor at that time, many years ago now. That whole area is simply gorgeous, isn't it?
Oh yes. Been hiking on Grandfather Mntn. many times. If it wouldn't hijack the thread, I'd show you lots of pictures from up there. I'll post them once in awhile over in the Pic of the Day thread. I have posted a few of them already. The bear sitting on his haunches, Lake Price, and todays panorama. My wife and I hiked Grandfather Mntn for the first time when my 19 year old was in her belly. Been our favorite family get away ever since. White water rafting, hiking and Mntn climbing, and caving. So much fun stuff to do up there. I grew up in the Northern Appalachian Plateau. We love the mountains and that is where my wife and I will have our ashes spread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clix Pix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.