Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
View attachment 2079215

The Hudson River . Taken from atop Bear Mtn. 7 images ,processed into jpegs in DXO Photolab , stitched and mesh warped in Affinity Photo , minor editing and cleanup in PSE .
G9 , 8-18@8 , f 7.1@1/500 , ISO 200
IMG_0743.jpeg

An old one, but here's a pano looking at Bear Mountain from across the river!

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
A 3 panel Panorama looking towards the east end of Waterton National Park from the Buffalo Paddock overlook. Could have handled one more panel on the right but that would have been shot into the sun.

Yeah we actually saw a small herd of Buffalo in the paddock.
Lumix ZS200 camera. Stitched in Affinity Photo. Again best viewed full sized.

Waterton_C.jpg

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
Not seeing any problems with the stitching.
One of those spots I never got around to visiting when I lived in Colorado, wishing now I'd found the time. Of course way back then my main concern was putting food on the table.
Absolutely!

I think from a stitching standpoint it was less the actual stitch, to your point, but the vignetting that repeats that I should have gotten rid of (and perhaps will and repost). So less the problem of stitching than the problem of the individual processing the images :).

brimpy

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2021
For a free app (or software - not app) look at Hugin. It is a bit quirky/basic but it will stitch some that others refuse. It is 'open-source' and used as the underlying engine in some premium software.

Thanks for mentioning Hugin. I spent a good amount of time trying to find a current version of AutoPano but it seems like it's unsupported. I like the way AutoPano shows the complete images, instead of cropping.

Anyhow, Hugin does the trick, for free. Cheers 👍

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
A panorama I'd forgotten about of still the most interesting building in my little city, captured in April 2014 and re-tweeked in Lightroom CC last October. I think this will be an interesting one to go back and redo with as close as possible positioning and focal length to show the difference nearly ten years makes.

Consisting simply of two frames joined horizontally, but with triple exposure bracketing of each frame of two stop variances (-2/0/+2). Blended in AutoPana Giga, that I had completely forgotten I had a license to, if it's even an ongoing thing these days. I recall that it was firmly in Google or someone else's eyes to be acquired for their mobile phone panoramic assembly processes.

[Group 0]-_MG_6597__MG_6605-6 images_0000-Recovered.jpg

Canon 6D, Canon 24-105mm f/4 L, mounted on a cheap nodal head that I really should dig out and have a play with for this weeks P52-Wk11. Now, where did I put you, my precious? 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.