Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fiji13

macrumors member
May 12, 2010
Anchorage, AK
The home button looks really indented... you can see it more clearly on the white one. Will i be able to get mu thumb in there!?

That is the first thing that I noticed. That looks tacky and unrefined. Perhaps it is just because it is a thrown together model. I am sure that Apple will do better.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
The next person who calls it "un-apple like" will go straight to Guantanamo.

The current iPhone 3GS is un-apple like (plastic + chrome).
Aluminum and glossy black IS Apple-like. If you think it's un-Apple like, you apparently haven't seen any of their products released after 2006.

anonymouz1828

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2009
Beautiful!!!!

Now .. i would not mind switching to a white iphone ... I always liked my black iphone 3g .. found white iphone 3g/s ugly.

PsychOfMSE

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
That is the first thing that I noticed. That looks tacky and unrefined. Perhaps it is just because it is a thrown together model. I am sure that Apple will do better.

It's indented because the top cover isn't all the way on.

This has been stated over and over again.

It's partially assembled...read the article!!

stanleyboy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Portsmouth, England, UK

this is because it is only partially assembled, did you read the op? also you can see by the pic that the back of the iphone is missing because the aluminium edge is completely flush to the table/surface

robotmonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
I want to mod the white with the old Apple logo!

500px-apple_computer_logosvg.png

That would be awesome

I think yes. They should use this for their advertisements.
apple_logo.jpg

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2007
They're all un-Apple like... They're not beige, they don't have 45 degree chamfers. APPLE YOU FAILED!

And god dammit, if they don't get rid of the seams and the screws and the metal sides I'm going to go hang myself from a tree. Life just isn't worth living if Apple can't do exactly what I want them to.

Why, Apple... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

SteveJobsGod.jpg

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
As someone else stated in another post, I am a little suspicious of the lack of reflection on the white model as is in the black model. Could very well be a photoshoped pic. WHO KNOWS! I can't wait for the 7th!

INeedAMacBook

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
omg i just realized something, thees look like 1st gen prototypes, with the white front and it looking like a block, i always thought that these 'leaked' phones were red hearings, but not i look at it these could be 1st gen iphone protypes, and the ones coming out are gonnabe something completely different

MacTheSpoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
It's a pretty boring and uninteresting design in general, but that white one looks like ass.

I don't know what they were thinking. Sometimes Apple designs look much better in person, but it's hard to think this will be one of those times.

iggibiggi

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
I didn't notice that chrome strip before. It's especially apparent on the white phone. Doesn't look that pretty too me... makes it look cheap.

I like the generated photos on that italian site better.

P.

That is NOT a chrome trip piece, it's just the reflective edge shown because the screen is not put together…especially on the white one! Read first people! It would stop plenty of stupid comments!

mikejfrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
The only suspense at the keynote is going to be screws on the bottom or no screws on the bottom.

Nah I'm willing to bet that there will be some sort of suprise or something that we missed or didn't know about the new device.

Also how can something that Apple designs and releases look "un-apple?" It is Apple!! They determine what looks like Apple!!

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
mmm hate to say this, but I was realy hoping for something better for the white one. Dont get me wrong I LOVE my White 24" iMac, and I LOVED my 13" White MacBook.

But the phone just looks a bit tacky with white...the black screen doesnt help. IF they are going to go white, I would have liked to see a 'unibody' style white body, all rounded and in one single piece.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.