Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g2tegg

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
3116677653_4f0b0b3618_b.jpg

Thanks for the help timmyb!! I just got flickr recently and still playing around with it.

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
United Kingdom
Anyone know why I cant post any pictures from Flickr? I tried everything. Nothing seems to be working
Choose the pic you want on Flickr. Click "all sizes" above it. Choose the size you want and copy the url that begins with farm4.static. Paste this between img or timg tags.

I love how you've captured the energy in your photo valdore.

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
I, too, collect squashed beer cans :eek:; I didn't imagine anyone else would share my little hobby. I like the way that three dimensions become two. Maybe I'll incorporate them into a collage some day...

Noway, that is awesome. I love them. Oh the secret things we collect eh.
It is a bit of a strange hobbies tho eh...

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
The Palace. Old Town, Dubai.

thepalacemz4.jpg

EXIF:
8"
18mm
f/10
ISO 100

Is there anyway I could improve this shot? I had a tripod, but still at 100% picture is very noisy.

Don't know about the noise... but the shot would be improved, IMO, by shooting a bit earlier... while there was still some light in the sky...

^That would help the noise as well, killed two birds with one stone, Doylem.

1) You'd be shooting for a shorter duration as your scene is brighter (longer exposures result in more noise).

2) Your scene would be brighter therefore less noise (noise is usually most evident in shadows).

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Don't know about the noise... but the shot would be improved, IMO, by shooting a bit earlier... while there was still some light in the sky...

^That would help the noise as well, killed two birds with one stone, Doylem.

1) You'd be shooting for a shorter duration as your scene is brighter (longer exposures result in more noise).

2) Your scene would be brighter therefore less noise (noise is usually most evident in shadows).

Thanks Doylem, as always giving great advice. I still believe it turned out nicely when not maximized.

And thanks Reef for clearing it up.

I will take some bright light shots this afternoon and see how it turns out.
This trip has been a great way to test out shots, learn, and experiment :)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Thanks Doylem, as always giving great advice. I still believe it turned out nicely when not maximized.

And thanks Reef for clearing it up.

I will take some bright light shots this afternoon and see how it turns out.
This trip has been a great way to test out shots, learn, and experiment :)

Erm... I didn't actually mean shooting in daylight... only that 'night' shots generally look better when shot at twilight (just after sunset), while there's still some light - and colour - in the sky. There comes a point when the ambient light and the artificial lights achieve a kind of balance... and if you shoot a series of pix you'll definitely find one that really sings...

I mention taking a series of pix, over maybe half an hour, 'cos, IMO, this helps to treat the shot as an event, not just a single moment. And I find it easier to review, say, a dozen identically composed pix on my computer screen (rather than the back of the camera), to find the best one or two.

I agree your shot did "turn out nicely", but by shooting a bit earlier - and with that degree of floodlighting - it would look truly magical... :)

castanzarules

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2008
A2
3128270157_3045f0419c_b.jpg

exposure: 1/60
aperture: f/5.6
focal length: 110 mm
ISO: 400

I haven't spent very much time with a DSLR so C&C welcome and appreciated!

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! (yeah its a bit late but hey, still Xmas day ;))

3134706363_a5f4b61e99_b.jpg

ESO1000D | f/5.6 | 0.3s | ISO 200

Somehow the image look blurry but I checked and it seems the lighting cause it to look blurry.

Enjoy the pics!!!
3135525758_a17ce944dd_b.jpg

EOS1000D | f/4 | 1/160 | ISO 400

Well take note that the middle round light is not from my flash it is from the stage.

P.S : Merry Christmas everyone!! and comment and criticism is greatly appreciated.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! (yeah its a bit late but hey, still Xmas day ;))

Somehow the image look blurry but I checked and it seems the lighting cause it to look blurry.

P.S : Merry Christmas everyone!! and comment and criticism is greatly appreciated.
For that shot, bumping up the ISO to 1600 probably would've saved it. ISO 200 at night will usually give you terrible shutter speeds ;)

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
For that shot, bumping up the ISO to 1600 probably would've saved it. ISO 200 at night will usually give you terrible shutter speeds
Yeah, maybe I should bumped it at ISO400/800 and I wont notice the difference, Im surprise that at ISO1600, my DSLR is still able to produce very usable pictures. But the idea of increase to higher ISO will bring more noise always frighten me. Hmm, well I shall try again in the future with higher ISO.

Well that shot I honestly tell ya is not blurry, I zoomed into it and it shows no blur except for the instrument that it is holding which make it look like it was shaking. (IS really helps, hope more Canon lens will come with IS in the future)

Oh yea, is it me or Canon default kit lens (18-55 IS) got sharpness or focusing issue? Cause some of my pics taken that day (especially pics with my family) turn out not sharp. Still usable and to non-photographers (my family members except my dad) dont notice the difference but me and my dad notice the unsharpness spot on. Oddly enough, I am sure the AF point was on the subject.

Any reason to behind this? (The shutter speed is around 1/25 and the ISO is set to 400 for those shots)

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Sorry, dont have the full resolution image. Please C&C

l_4d1b3239fb94014b5e8a5038da00d90e.jpg

well, it's nothing special.

you're like a tourist shooting a famous church. around you are 40 others doing the exact same thing.
39 of those photos will look very, very similar while one will stand out.
unfortunately your photo belongs to the group of 39.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.