Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Hey, since the bike people seem to congregate here, I was wondring if I could get some opinions on a good FR bike for a light person. I'm 14, 5'8", lanky, and 115 pounds.

Things I'm looking for:

- less than $1600
- able to jump/do street stuff okay (doesn't have to be amazing, though)

Anyway, I'm coming off an ex-mountaincross race bike based on a 2003 Specialized Enduro Comp.

I don't do MX though. :)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I got it slightly wrong. :eek:
I was going for a FCR2.5 but decided on the FCR3 instead.
It arrived about 30 minutes ago:
P1030693.jpg

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Well, got my new IRO Angus in the mail today - now I just gotta wait on the new bullhorns for it and get it assembled

Here's a "before" photo, I'll post more when it's done:
IMG_0271.jpg

Totally exciting, I know.

ms.gio

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Well, got my new IRO Angus in the mail today - now I just gotta wait on the new bullhorns for it and get it assembled

Here's a "before" photo, I'll post more when it's done:
IMG_0271.jpg

Totally exciting, I know.
It totally is exciting. I think new bikes are awesome! The bike looks like its going to be a beaut when fully assembled. Good luck. You should post after shots. :)

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Did some haulin' today:

truckin.jpg

Dresser wouldn't fit in the car or anything when the Girl moved out of her old place, so we borrowed a trailer and moved it this way. Really a lot of fun, and much easier than you'd imagine.

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
I finally got around to taking pics of my bikes, and I can't find a usb cable to hook my camera up to my computer, for downloading. Guess I will have to do it in a day or so, when I get some time, and find a cable :p

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
Here is a picture of the touring bike I bought. I got one short ride out of it before breaking a shift cable. Once I get a new cable, I want to clean it up a bit, put a new seat on it, and start riding it on my lunch breaks.

Attachments

• worldtraveler2.JPG
    worldtraveler2.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 157

ms.gio

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Okay! Got my new bars and a new quill today (old one had a 25.4 clamp, needed a 26.0 for these Nitto bars):

2644152414_7fcdd8c0b1.jpg

More and more.
Good job on the build. Seeing it makes me want to call IRO and buy one for myself. :p It doesn't hurt to add one more to the stables. I almost got in on a group buy a year back where the frames were discounted off.

I'm actually building up an old Schwinn Varsity as a single speed (or maybe, 5 speed) hauler. I'm hoping to be done with her by the end of the summer. I have to buy other more important things...like a new laptop. hehe.

nw43

macrumors regular
May 8, 2005
UK
Got this (or the same model, at least) a few weeks ago (Marin San Rafael):

Attachments

• 3853.jpg
    3853.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 121

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
I had a Marin mountain bike a number of years ago. I was really impressed with the build quality of it. I may consider another one for my next purchase.

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
No longer a baby

As a follow up to my original pictures, I took this one yesterday on my road bike, which is no longer as shiny and clean as it used to be.

I had expected the odometer to roll over to zero, but instead it just kept flashing, and there was no way to reset it! I finally had to take the battery out and wipe all memory.

I guess they didn't expect a $20 computer to last that long...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.