Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Fancy fancy! Those are some big tubes there, sir.

yes i know. its definitely not a 'track' bike. this is giant's second year of making a 'fixed/singlespeed" bike and it still has more road geometry than track, but i'm okay with that for the most part. i'd like to get a classic track frame at some point, when this will become my beater. :) still a very light bike though, so i can't complain and overall very sturdy.

MacHappytjg

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Winnipeg
bought it at Wal-Mart for $70.00 :)
0083646700017_500X500.jpg

You can tell with the weak looking suspension heres min finally

And Bike not dirtbike..

ryde.jpg

Havent used it for a while too busy dirtbiking :D

Cost me $900 on sale i think i got it in 2006 as a 2005

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY

And Bike not dirtbike..

ryde.jpg

ZOMG! Another TMFer who bikes!

All right, I'm returning.

@Cassie: You need a new bike, not being an elitist or anything but you really shouldn't be riding a 50lb bike unless it's mine. :D

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Just upgraded a few things ready for my holiday in the Alps.

New forks, brakes and a set of fresh tyres (but I haven't fitted the rear yet :eek: )

Attachments

• Bike-2.jpg
    Bike-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141

SubZer0

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I actually posted this picture in the go for a walk / ride and take a photo thread, but here's mine:

A 1995 Cannondale Super-V 900 comp. It has been a great bike and I have never had anything of significance break nor have I felt any great need to modify it. At the end of this season, I'll be upgrading the original bakes because they are just about completely worn out. With my job, it's not practical to bike to work or I would ride everyday. Since my son came along, my riding style has changed a bit and I do a little less single track riding.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 107

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Phase one of the project complete, i.e. the urgent stuff. ;) I'm still planning on respraying it and going singlespeed with it at a later date. Pootling round town FTW!

Ah, "pootling". A word I will use non-stop for the next week now.

Don't repaint that bike, I love the way it looks!

L

Lau

Ah, "pootling". A word I will use non-stop for the next week now.

Don't repaint that bike, I love the way it looks!

Pootling is a god amongst words.

Thanks! I love the way it looks as well, and I am in kind of two minds about it. I wonder if it's technically necessary as it's a bit scratched and chipped in places, though, and is only going to get worse. The picture doesn't do it injustice. ;)

All this is fairly moot though, as it will almost definitely be several decades until I get round to it. :p

tresbien

macrumors regular
May 21, 2008
Maryland
01010401150701040520080fl2.jpg

Just put a new selle italia saddle on today, and bought new shimano calipers which are in the mail.

Came with new tires when I bought it, and the wheels are in great condition. Only major thing is the derailleur is out of alignment, causing the chain to drag along it. Should be easy enough to fix. Rides great.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is a Schwinn World Traveler.

I love the color! I'm trying to find a bike that is this kind of color, or something close to it.

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan

And Bike not dirtbike..

If she's happy with it, does it matter how weak the suspension? Not everybody needs an expensive bike to go from point a to point b.

Bfat567

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NewYork
First post and it not even about a mac lol. Front bike is mine and the back one is my brothers. Pic is taken in the back of an old tractor trailer in the old lot where we were riding.

HPIM1025.jpg

Pedal Bite

HPIM0988.jpg

EDIT: i love that theres still people riding gt's i havent owned one of those since the days of the virgo i had a blue one

Casey XXX

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
Chesapeake, Virginia
1988 Cannondale Touring frame, converted to FG/SS. Mavic Open Sport rims laced to Surly hubs. Salsa Short and Shallow handle bars. And a shockingly similar shed to the post above ;)

bikefull-1.jpg

Iamtherealwoody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
Well its been a while since Ive been on here. I sold my old raleigh MTB and Im trying to sell my old schwinn fixie. I feel like the fixie is destroying my knees so I had to move to a new geared bike. Just picked her up today, 08 Trek Soho 1.0. Had them change the bars out and grips (free of charge) to some Bontrager 25mm aluminum riser bars. I really really like it. Since I sold my subie WRX, this is my main source of transportation now and Im really looking forward to it!

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    639.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    651.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    785 KB · Views: 114

tresbien

macrumors regular
May 21, 2008
Maryland
Just thrifted it this weekend, not a great bike..but it was definitely better after I changed the seat and re-taped the handle bars.

P1020690.jpg

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
I'll post mine once I pick it up tomorrow :D I had to take it to the shop mostly because none of the gears shifted correctly...and the front fork was majorly bent...and the frame made a god awful creaking sound whenever I stood up and rode...and I had a slightly bent spoke on my front wheel. Other than that I love it! It's a Specialized Hardrock Sport in flat black :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.