Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
YOU CAN STILL KEEP THE UNLIMITED PLAN!!! Be happy you even have that option, most carriers around the world don't offer that. The maximum you can get here is 1GB.

NO I CAN'T! AND NEITHER CAN ANY OTHER NEW CUSTOMERS. My iPhone got stolen a few months ago. New customers can use a lot of data too, you know. And it doesn't matter what your offered in relation to us... when we had something, and they take it away... it's NOT cool... and I'm not all THAT bothered by the cap... I'm stating valid facts... However, I don't want to have to obsessively check my data to ensure I don't go over.

Yes you can. I said you can "keep" it, that implies that you already have it. You still have the choice to get an iPhone now so you can get the unlimited plan.

Well don't say YOU because I can't. OTHER CURRENT customers can.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
NO I CAN'T! AND NEITHER CAN ANY OTHER NEW CUSTOMERS. My iPhone got stolen a few months ago. New customers can use a lot of data too, you know.

Yes you can. I said you can "keep" it, that implies that you already have it. You still have the choice to get an iPhone now so you can get the unlimited plan.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Here's mine.
Im always near fast wifi at home, work and most places I go.
My usage is low.

Attachments

• Chart.png
    Chart.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 91

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
you hosting internet for your whole neighborhood or something? haha

Yeah, I'm dying to know how anyone could use that much data on an iPhone. If you use that much data, you clearly don't have a job, unless you've somehow managed to get paid for downloading stuff on your iPhone.

hefeglass

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
NO I CAN'T! AND NEITHER CAN ANY OTHER NEW CUSTOMERS. My iPhone got stolen a few months ago. New customers can use a lot of data too, you know. And it doesn't matter what your offered in relation to us... when we had something, and they take it away... it's NOT cool... and I'm not all THAT bothered by the cap... I'm stating valid facts... However, I don't want to have to obsessively check my data to ensure I don't go over.

Well don't say YOU because I can't. OTHER CURRENT customers can.

If you would have read the press release...you would see that they send you reminders when you are going through your data...I forgot the intervals...but there's no obsessing necessary. Calm down

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
MAYBE AT&T KNOWS SOMETHING WE DON'T - PERHAPS THE NEW IPHONE WILL HAVE CAPABILITIES THAT WILL MAKE US WANT TO GULP DATA BY THE GIGABYTE! WE SHOULD WAIT FIRST AND SEE.

I thought I would for sure be near the data limits, but I guess not. 400Mbyts/month

Attachments

• data_trend_1.JPG
    data_trend_1.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 92
Where is the total data use number?

You should take a look at your total data, not just the 3G data reported to AT&T. This will give you a real idea of usage, you never know when wifi may not be available and push you over your cap.

Hey there...Where can the number be found of my total data used per month? Not just the 3G number that is displayed on the graph.

Thanks.

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
Awesome thread!!! Would love to hear more of your habits of usage along with the charts.... I will be a new customer and felt bitter when they revised their data plans, but looks like it might not be too bad afterall...

Boca

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
I think most of the posters here are missing the postion ATT is taking. By putting a high # 2gb pm on usage it all seems like a good deal based on what most people have been using. But, this is their start of tier pricing folks, sure it looks good now but when the price starts creeping or jumping up then it will not look so good.

This change in their business model will eventually screw us in a couple of generations of software and hardware development.

Just read the comments from ATT posted at the head of this thread...confusing, time consuming and smoke and mirrors.

Just my2cents.

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
I suppose mine is a bit irregular.. maybe im worried my "pipes might leak" LOL

105xgqx.jpg

Let's hold a June contest. Highest data usage gets free ice cream!

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
I don't understand how some of you have data into the upper GBs. That's crazy.

I'm assuming you all are jailbroken and are tethering. Don't you worry about AT&T finding out? Maybe I'm just a scardy cat for not doing it yet. (Although I do have NetShare, which did come in handy during April when our house lost Internet. Although NetShare sucks...)

20100603-x88fgpya8qqd7imi3aqkarj3p7.png

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
iPhone 3GS, no tethering. Not jailbroken. Only regular wifi access is at home. On 3G while at work and traveling. Usage has gone up steady due to video streaming apps such as UStream and Qik. Also watching DVR recordings on my server via the EyeTV app. Would like to have the option to tether, but will stay on current plan and may jailbrake to get tethering.

Attachments

• Chart.png
    Chart.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 83

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
I pretty much live on WiFi so even though I definitely use over 2 gigs a month, clearly not very much of that is over 3G.

I can't wait to see my my usage report for June though. I must have used 2 gigs yesterday alone (slight exaggeration, but still). I had jury duty and was sitting around at the courthouse for eight hours. All I brought was my iPhone.

Attachments

• datatrend.png
    datatrend.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 70
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.