Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkolsen

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2004
Baltimore, MD
What gave it away, the Westlaw window, the blue book, or the text on the PowerBook? ;) I'm working on a law review article proposing a slight expansion to the insurance continuation provisions of COBRA. I added a good 6 pages today, so we'll see how long it takes to finish up.

I think the text on the PowerBook. Its amazing how clear it came through.

Jasoco

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006

This is just a teaser for Lair 6.0. This used to be my brother's desk. He now has my crappy small one and I am getting great use out of this huge thing that rocks. If only it still had its keyboard tray.

Right now the MacBook is connected and sharing the screen with the mini. I have the Media drive connected to the mini and the movies in iTunes so I can open my iTunes and stream my movies if I want. Or I can connect to the mini directly and mount its HD and open them in QuickTime if I want. Eventually the mini will move to the TV when I can get it wireless.

View the larger image on Flickr to see everything in the shot.

Also for my previous setup, click here...
http://flickr.com/photos/jasoco/sets/72057594060612917/

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
Man, I love that desk. Nice set up too!

Thanks. The desk is great, but I'm about to re do it. I don't need it so big now, and I would like to make some room for a filing cabinet. I just need to finish my girlfriends desk first.

DSC01123.jpg

Poor picture as I only had my mobile at the time.

theGAPkid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
UK
RGDING Post no. 24 (pg1)
I noticed on Flickr that an old setup of mine has over 10,000 views (don't know why) but here it is, from summer of 2006:

<IMAGES>

In that photo there was a 1.83GHz iMac Core Duo and 1.83GHz MacBook Core Duo.

That keyboard. Is it the logitech mac one???

Really interested in it (cheap price) Was looking at buying off of Amazon. How is it to use? Is it nice?

Only problem is im left handed so the mouse would be dodgy to use, but if in all its a good keyboard, i may invest!

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
what desk is that?
I don't mean to sound rude, but it seems like after each post that somebody puts in this thread (and the older one), you always ask what desk it is. I know that you are in the look for a new desk, but could you please ask questions like that in a PM so this thread can stay on track, thanks.

seedster2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
NYC
You all have some great setups. Here's my modest setup

Powerbook G4 1.5,2gb ram, 80gb HD, 4gb iphone, bb 8700g

Dell 20 inch monitor and my thinkpad work issued, but great well built PC laptop. also have another dell seated below connected to the same monitor also from my employer.

nwimacmini

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2005
Indiana
Here's my setup:

Mac mini with:
G4 1.42GHz, 1GB RAM, Superdrive, AirPort Extreme & Bluetooth, Mighty Mouse, new keyboard, Griffin PowerMate, Samsung SyncMaster 730B 17" LCD

On the left-hand side, there's my arsenal of some gadgets: iPod 5G, Motorola L6, and the remotes to my Sony receiver and Griffin AirClick USB.

On the right-hand side, there's a analog-to-digital video converter and two external hard drives (160GB and 250GB) for video work.

The ball was inspired by what Dr. House always has on his desk, and there's also an Easy Button, OS X trash-like mesh pen cups, and other junk.

Attachments

• Workspace.jpg
    Workspace.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 326

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
The Logitech Keyboard and Mouse set is brilliant although the keyboard aspect has been outdone by the new Apple keyboards. The mouse remains in my setup though because Apple's Mighty Mouse is so awful and because the Logitech mouse is pretty good.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
Here are a couple of recent pics of a my always-in-transition set up. Things get added, removed, rearranged almost every time I turn something on. Kind of depends if I am working or playing...

One set of everything is a dock for my laptop. The other set is for my mini. Yes, I often use both at the same time, and there are advantages... Doing things this way drives some of my friends nuts, but they stop complaining when we do something together, and then both have a nice workstation.

Attachments

• DeskSmall.jpg
    DeskSmall.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 456
  • DesksSmall.jpg
    DesksSmall.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 368
  • DockAndMiniSmall.jpg
    DockAndMiniSmall.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 371

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Here are a couple of recent pics of a my always-in-transition set up. Things get added, removed, rearranged almost every time I turn something on. Kind of depends if I am working or playing...

One set of everything is a dock for my laptop. The other set is for my mini. Yes, I often use both at the same time, and there are advantages... Doing things this way drives some of my friends nuts, but they stop complaining when we do something together, and then both have a nice workstation.

Am I allowed to hate you for having such a sweet setup?

Very nice. Dig the displays, speakers and even the floor-lamp. Nice pad.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
You all have some great setups. Here's my modest setup

Powerbook G4 1.5,2gb ram, 80gb HD, 4gb iphone, bb 8700g

Dell 20 inch monitor and my thinkpad work issued, but great well built PC laptop. also have another dell seated below connected to the same monitor also from my employer.

Your setup reminds me so much of mine. Thinkpad and blackberry are work leashes, iphone and apples are personal rebellions. I cannot help but think that apple is getting some of my money because it is so easy to separate from my work stuff...

Big-TDI-Guy: Thanks! A lot of people give me a hard time for those lamps. I got a pair in college and have had them ever since. One of the few pieces of furniture I am not going to part with when I get domesticated and move in with a better half. I have a feeling the various "desks" (plywood on cinder blocks with a curtain around the perimeter) will not make the cut... I have been meaning to get a huge L-Shaped desk for everything, but I just cannot justify the cost of the stuff I would want.

shamrock593

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
Australia
What is that box in the corner of your desk? I can't figure out what it is! :p Great setup, by the way. :)

Thanks. :)

The box in the corner (I'm assuming you're talking about the black thing next to the paper holder?) is a CD holder, it's got pop out draws that holds sleeves full of CDs. :)

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN

What kind of monitors are those? Not the displays - I can tell that those are Apple displays. The speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.