Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
ant_s said:
If the speaker is magnetically shielded, you should be OK - can't say I'd do it myself though :)
Type: Portable, weather resistant, audio playback system and AM/FM Radio
Driver: One 2.5” treated, magnetically-shielded, full-range driver
Power Supply: 12VDC nominal – 15VDC maximum, 500mA
Battery Pack: Model MA-1, NiMH, 7.2V, 1200mAh
Battery Current: 500mA
AC Adapter: Model PAL-PS 120v-60Hz, 18W, 12VDC, 500mA, 6VA (UL)
Dimensions: 6.25"H x 3.88"W x 3.69"L (15.88cm H x 9.86cm W x 9.37cm L)
Weight: 1.95 lbs (0.88 kg)

:rolleyes: is what Tivoli Audio has to tell me about shielding. So the "driver" has to be shielded?

ant_s

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Derby, UK
Temujin said:
...So the "driver" has to be shielded?

Yes as that's the part with the magnet in, which could potentially cause damage. Carry on as you are - it should be fine in which case.

janstett

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2006
Chester, NJ
ant_s said:
Yes as that's the part with the magnet in, which could potentially cause damage. Carry on as you are - it should be fine in which case.

BTW if anyone ever wants to test if speakers are shielded or not, find a CRT monitor or TV (anybody remember those?), and run the speaker along the top. You will see the colors warp and the image distort if the speakers are not shielded.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
janstett said:
BTW if anyone ever wants to test if speakers are shielded or not, find a CRT monitor or TV (anybody remember those?), and run the speaker along the top. You will see the colors warp and the image distort if the speakers are not shielded.

Will the colors remain warped?

I still have my 28" Prosonic CRT Television for my Xbox 360. best image quality ever...:D

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Josias said:
Will the colors remain warped?

I still have my 28" Prosonic CRT Television for my Xbox 360. best image quality ever...:D
Yeah if you leave the magnet too long or get too close. It all depends on the strength of the magnet.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Temujin said:
Yeah if you leave the magnet too long or get too close. It all depends on the strength of the magnet.

Hot damn!:eek:

I won't try it anyway. Are you the dane with the 23" ACD or the little black monitor for your MacBook Pro? We are 12 danes now, so kinda messes up..:D

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Josias said:
Hot damn!:eek:

I won't try it anyway. Are you the dane with the 23" ACD or the little black monitor for your MacBook Pro? We are 12 danes now, so kinda messes up..:D
Neither. MBP + ViewSonic 20'1" :)

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
dont have much room since my place is sort of a bachlor/upstairs on a small house, have to have the computer on the same end as my desk for the turntables - need to use space wisely :)

bowz_computer-oct06a.jpg

shot of sitting area... haha i hate the floors, but oh well, only living here for awhile.
bowz_computer-oct06b.jpg

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
cschreppel said:
Sweet vinyl collection! Mainly used for scratching and remixes or also for casual listening as well?

EMAGDNIM said:
Jusdging by the Metalheadz background he's into some Jungle/Drum and Bass...

Sweet setup BTW!

Yea, I play a lot of different styles - mostly drum & bass, but more recently dubstep. I also have a fair size collection of breaks & uk hardcore. You can't see it in the picture, but I have FinalScratch 2 for DJ'ing from my powerbook as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.