Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbalson

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
My Aluminum iMac adventure and setup

The switch from PC to new 20" iMac (installing bootcamp etc.):
01.JPG

20" iMac setup:
02.JPG

24" replacement iMac along side the original 20":
03.JPG

Their boxes:
04.JPG

The two transferring:
05.JPG

24" iMac setup:
06.JPG

new iMac with old iBook G4:
07.JPG

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
The switch from PC to new 20" iMac (installing bootcamp etc.):
*pics*

Why did you get the 24"? It looks like the 20" works great.:confused:

Here's my iBook G3 on my bed. I haven't been able to use it for about a month because it's old charger fried. And I just recently got the money for a new 3rd party one.

Sorry for poor quality, taken with a camera phone.

Attachments

• 071004_142002.jpg
    071004_142002.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 163

mbalson

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
Toronto, Ontario

Why did you get the 24"? It looks like the 20" works great.:confused:

I went with the 24" because of the much better LCD panel used. I couldn't deal with the 20" and it's vertical illumination gradient. Was sad to see it go though. Other than the screen issue everything was perfect and I preferred it's tighter proportions and thiner casing.

defsquad

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
birmingham, alabama
I went with the 24" because of the much better LCD panel used. I couldn't deal with the 20" and it's vertical illumination gradient. Was sad to see it go though. Other than the screen issue everything was perfect and I preferred it's tighter proportions and thiner casing.

goood grief your work area is so minimalistic; i love it.

i have too many gadgets and devices and just can't get to that level of minimalism and cleanliness.

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
I thought all iMacs use LG/Phillips panels?

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
I thought all iMacs use LG/Phillips panels?

20" uses a LG TN 6-bit panel, 24" uses a much higher quality LG S-IPS true 8-bit, same one found in MUCH higher end NEC (and other companies) professional displays.

TN is a type of panel, known for their low quality, they are popular among gamers because they offer much lower response time, but don't offer near the color reproduction or viewing angle of an S-IPS.

Quality over quantity, quantity over quality, you decide.

Decker

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
In progress

We just bought a new house a few weeks ago so and haven't finished unpacking, hanging pictures, etc. but here's my current setup.

_CJE1815.jpg

Yeah I know... I need cable management :p

Chris

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Decker said:
We just bought a new house a few weeks ago so and haven't finished unpacking, hanging pictures, etc. but here's my current setup.

Yeah I know... I need cable management :p

Chris

I don't care about the cables, its that oddly positioned monitor thats bothering me:eek:

blenng

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
Belgium
What bothers me even more is how someone could manage to use a Might Mouse, worse designed mouse ever created :p

OK, I had to reply to this. I've been using the Mighty Mouse for over a month now and I must say that I just love it. It's responsive, accurate and easy to move. The form factor hasn't bother me one second. I think that mouse is worth every € I paid for it.

But that's just my opinion... I can understand why others may have problems with it.

GB

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
OK, I had to reply to this. I've been using the Mighty Mouse for over a month now and I must say that I just love it. It's responsive, accurate and easy to move. The form factor hasn't bother me one second. I think that mouse is worth every € I paid for it.

But that's just my opinion... I can understand why others may have problems with it.

GB

Glad someone likes it, I gave mine to my dad for free, he threw it in the garbage, I only got it cause I had no choice, it came with the iMac.

Accurate compared to what I might ask?

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA

GB

I've used the Mighty Mouse alongside another mouse of mine (a Micro$oft one) and I find it to be a tad laggy and jumpy. The laggy part may be to my USB 1.1 on the PowerMac G4 I'm using it with, but the microsoft mouse is very responsive and accurate. It's on the same speed port too, when used with my docked.

On another note, I do like the portrait display mode you have there, very unique and interesting. Nicely done. Most people only use portrait with other, larger, monitors around them.

blenng

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
Belgium
Glad someone likes it, I gave mine to my dad for free, he threw it in the garbage, I only got it cause I had no choice, it came with the iMac.

Accurate compared to what I might ask?

Compared to USB 2.0 wired mice (Labtec,...) and a Microsoft wireless optical USB mouse I've used before. I find the accuracy of the Mighty Mouse (as a pointing device) excellent. I also like the scrollball and find scrolling with this mouse very smooth (especially compared to the microsoft mouse I have).
I was a little bit worried when I read all these negative reviews, but now, I'm very glad I bought this MM. I've been using it for several hours a day during the last 40 days, and it always worked without a glitch.
btw: I have the bluetooth version.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.