Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theorist9

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
The glare of standard screens are a deal breaker for me. I like to work on a bright environment with windows so natural light comes in and help with my mood and productivity. I can't stand working on a dungeon of darkness. LMAO
The nano solves that glare issue big time. I guess it's a trade off in the end. I am just glad Apple offers options. For the XDR, they need to drop that $1k to $500 like the ASD. They should drop the price of the XDR overall.
I'm with you—I like a very bright room. My home office has a window that's 6' H x 10' W, and I live in a city that gets a lot of sun. In addition, I've got a total of 1000 watts-equivalent of lighting in that room.

However, I use a 27" iMac with a glossy display, and have no issues with reflections or glare. That's probably because: (a) there's never sun shining directly on my iMac (the window is to my right rather than behind me; plus my three monitors are arranged in a semi-wrapped configuration, which partly shields the glossy iMac at the center; and (b) the AR coating on the iMac is particularly good.*

*I've read several reviews saying that the LG 5k and Dell 8k, both also glossy displays, aren't anywhere near as good at cutting reflections.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.