Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
That's exactly the behavior I'm getting. Same method of moving and all. Is there any way to see what resolution the included wallpapers are at?

Just loaded the image saved from dropbox and viewed its info in the iphoto app. It got downsized to 768x768. The image saved from safari, even though the browser title says 1024x1024 actually saves it at the right resolution.

caughtinfire

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Just loaded the image saved from dropbox and viewed its info in the iphoto app. It got downsized to 768x768. The image saved from safari, even though the browser title says 1024x1024 actually saves it at the right resolution.

I found a setting for upload quality image/video in Dropbox but not a setting for the same going the other direction. Looks like I won't be using Dropbox for copying wallpapers. Thanks all for the help figuring this out.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I found a setting for upload quality image/video in Dropbox but not a setting for the same going the other direction. Looks like I won't be using Dropbox for copying wallpapers. Thanks all for the help figuring this out.

np... i'm guessing dropbox will be fixing this in their next update.

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
Man, so many ugly wallpapers posted.

Apple is all about less is more, dont ruin it with a fugly wallpaper. Upload something more a bit more minimalistic.

Heres is some of my favorite ones. Resized though, im on 3G right now, and it takes so long to upload.

I don't understand, how am I suppose to download these in full resolution for ipad3?

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
My attempt for Alabama fans. I'm not sure how it'll end up cropping as you switch from portrait to landscape...

Someone who can beat me to it, tell me how this lines up on the screen. I'm planning to add the championship dates to it after it's tested out.

It looks really good. I think if you add the title dates on the left hand side it will be a keeper. Thanks for making this btw! Roll TIDE!!!

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I don't know if anyone wants/can help....

Had a wallpaper on my iPad 1 that I really loved. It's nothing special, but something about it just drew positive attention from people that saw it.

I was able to transfer it to my new iPad because of iCloud backup/restore. However, I can't seem to get the original image because it is embedded as a wallpaper file in settings.

I found another exact photo that matches the wallpaper, but I don't know if it is properly sized for the iPad or if it could be brought up to retina standards.

Here is the wallpaper..

http://sundaycruisersmeet.com/3dsmile.jpg

Is it Retina ready and in the proper ratio for iPad Wallper?

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Hi guys, check out @RetinaiPadWalls on twitter, it has a handful of AWESOME backgrounds!

falcora

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Forgive my ignorance, but how do you do a reverse image search?

:)

Google.com/images

In the search bar, click the camera icon and it will allow you to upload a picture from your computer to search for. And will then try to find pictures on the Internet that are similar or the same picture but in a different size

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Can I ask how all of you are resizing these wallpapers? I mean what I would do is crop in Photoshop and then resize but that doesn't always look so hot, especially now with 2048 X 2048.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
No problem glad to help. :D

I used the desktop version of Vector Magic. It is so easy its embarrassing. Here is the website; http://vectormagic.com/home

Cool. Thanks for that. Looks like it may come in handy.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you do a reverse image search?

:)

An alternative to the google image search option is to use tineye.com

Can I ask how all of you are resizing these wallpapers? I mean what I would do is crop in Photoshop and then resize but that doesn't always look so hot, especially now with 2048 X 2048.

Are the original files (as in before you crop/resize them) larger than 2048 pixels on both the horizontal and vertical sides?

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Cool. Thanks for that. Looks like it may come in handy.

An alternative to the google image search option is to use tineye.com

Are the original files (as in before you crop/resize them) larger than 2048 pixels on both the horizontal and vertical sides?

Some were but after I had cropped them they still looked off. Some of these wallpapers that others have re-sized, I have the original files and some are not greater than 1920 X 1200 which made me question it.

simba2585

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
This thread is making safari crash on my new iPad on image intensive pages, anyone else got that too?

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Some were but after I had cropped them they still looked off. Some of these wallpapers that others have re-sized, I have the original files and some are not greater than 1920 X 1200 which made me question it.

For the ones that were less than 2048, the resizing them up is what made them blurry. As for those that were greater than 2048, which program were you using to crop them? Also which format were you saving to?

noahs

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2008
Can anyone find or recreate this one for the retina display?

Attachments

• IMG_0844.png
    IMG_0844.png
    680 KB · Views: 367
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.