Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ekimalito

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
Thanks!
I've always been wary about that "restore" button though. Will I lose any data at all? Like emails, app data, icon locations?

If you use the restore option it will erase all the contents of your iPhone. However, if you do a back up before you start the whole process you should get everything back on your phone once you finish the downgrade process.

However, make sure to double check if you have a recent back up stored in your computer by going into iTunes (On Windows go File-> Preferences-> Devices and on a Mac go to the Top Bar, Click on iTunes Menu-> Preferences -> Devices) you should see a list of all the backups you have stored in your computer. Look for the most recent backup made prior to your upgrading to iOS 6. It has to be a backup made when your phone was still running iOS 5 because as it happened to me this afternoon backups made after your phone was updated to iOS 6 can not be used on a Phone that's running a lower version of iOS.

You might lose some data, messages and contacts added after upgrading to iOS 6 (all the stuff you made this afternoon pretty much) but you should get everything back to normal as long as you restore.

gmxx82

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
New iPad and 4s WiFi connection problems

Hey,

Just updated to iOS6 and neither device can maintain a WiFi connection anymore... pretty major issue in my book.

onigami

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2008
you should get some general knowledge, learn history and geography and know that many countries do better than the US, especially in Europe son.

the US isn't by any means the ideal of good quality of life son.

You wouldn't happen to be German, would you? Cos then it would prove my theory on Germans not having a sense of humor. :p

frank8880

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
You wouldn't happen to be German, would you? Cos then it would prove my theory on Germans not having a sense of humor. :p

it is not that. i bet that if somebody made a comment like that about americans, **** would certainly hit the fan. no matter how many smiley faces you add to the comment :)

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
These features are welcome, but I don't think this qualifies as a full iOS update really. It's also too much for a revision (second "decimal" place). I'm just surprised the usual trolls aren't here crying about it.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
Hey,

Just updated to iOS6 and neither device can maintain a WiFi connection anymore... pretty major issue in my book.

Yep - but I'm not sure the problem is iOS, but I do think it's one of the updated apps. Going back to GM as I write this to see if that fixes the problem, but I'm pretty sure things went to pot after one of the last round of app updates, not when iOS was released.

Todd H

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2002
Eastman, Georgia
Well, IOS6 broke the wifi on my iPhone. Can't get it to connect to my wireless router at all. Looking at Apple's discussion forum it looks like it's a widespread problem. Between this and the crappy Maps app I think it's time to downgrade. :mad:

carmenodie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Tim Cooks needs to get bi*** slapped for embarrassing Apple like this. Talk about putting out **** that ain't ready for prime time.
And when that crap mini iPad comes out it most likely won't be sporting a retina display. It is just a kindle fire co** blocker. Meh!

Last edited by a moderator:

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
you should get some general knowledge, learn history and geography and know that many countries do better than the US, especially in Europe son.

the US isn't by any means the ideal of good quality of life son.

Calm down; he wasn't being serious. But don't kid yourself about Europe being better off than the US. I like the style of living and the general people in Europe more than the US (US is full of selfish brats), but our economy is better.

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2007
it is not that. i bet that if somebody made a comment like that about americans, **** would certainly hit the fan. no matter how many smiley faces you add to the comment :)

Frank8880, lighten up.

The comment "People outside the US don't exist" is actually a joke about the ignorance of the "average American," whatever this is.

Not that the "average German" is any better, particularly if you meet them in Eastern Europe, or the Third World.

slineaudi

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2009
Well, IOS6 broke the wifi on my iPhone. Can't get it to connect to my wireless router at all. Looking at Apple's discussion forum it looks like it's a widespread problem. Between this and the crappy Maps app I think it's time to downgrade. :mad:

my wifi is messed up too. it keeps taking me to a login page that doesnt exist and then disconnecting from my router.

tomacwhite

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
England
I can't use wifi on my iPhone 4S now. The wifi turns on, then off again.

Password is correct. Network is working.

Any ideas?

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
Wow. Same here on new iPad 3 and iPhone 4S and my friend with same setup is having same issue as well. Damnnnnnn

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
So, turn-by-turn navigation is not as important as having Google Maps?

It's useless unless you have good maps. I doubt Apple is going to release Apple Maps the way it is right now. I see a lot of terrible images here. Either it's getting some kind of update, or Apple has seriously screwed up.

----------

I can't use wifi on my iPhone 4S now. The wifi turns on, then off again.

Password is correct. Network is working.

Any ideas?

A lot of people here have this problem. Did you try turning wifi off then on?

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
The Roundup should also prominently include the giant middle finger Apple just showed all the first generation iPad owners.

There is NO HARDWARE reason for not updating the original iPad.

The only reason is so that Apple can force the suckers to buy the iPad Mini if they want to see iOS6, and of course to justify the bonuses the a$$h0les in upper management get.

Not enough RAM

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
Maps is awful, absolute bag of ****. Street View in Google Maps is amazing compared to this 'flyover' crap. They shouldn't have released it until it was of equal quality to the app it is trying to replace.

are you guys using the same maps app I was using? The orginal maps app was mediocre at best. I've been using Mapquest to get me around town.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I see world clock/alarm on ipad2 which is good.

Apple has to fix some embarrassing issues with the iPad. I'm glad they finally added the Clock app :mad:, but why can't it take HDR images??? The iPhone can!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.