Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
my wifi is messed up too. it keeps taking me to a login page that doesnt exist and then disconnecting from my router.

I have the same problem, i was out traveling had the Gm since last week, no problem at my hotel. But when i came home it does the same thing to me now.

trying install iOS 6 again

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
are you guys using the same maps app I was using? The orginal maps app was mediocre at best. I've been using Mapquest to get me around town.

No such thing as Mapquest on this side of the pond (unless you use the .com version)...

Attachments

• 2012-09-20 00.47.27.png
    2012-09-20 00.47.27.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 115

Tsmith205

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Anybody figure out how to stop Facebook contacts from merging with phone contacts. It says you can shut it off in settings

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I regret updating my ipad2. The maps are horrible. And I'm missing my youtube app. The mobile site is fugly and horrible. They could have at least given us a YouTube app like android does.

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
I regret updating my ipad2. The maps are horrible. And I'm missing my youtube app. The mobile site is fugly and horrible. They could have at least given us a YouTube app like android does.

I thought Google put their own YouTube app in the app store but there only seems to be an iPhone version for some reason...

Ekimalito

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008

Google released one a few days ago... you can get it at the App Store.

ps45

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2010
Not that I've found. Actually, the football (that is, real football) integration in Siri is pretty poor. E.g:

"Who is Tottenham's highest scorer?" yields no answer.
"Who is Tottenham's highest goal scorer?" gets it.

Seriously? Wasn't Siri all about recognising colloquial phrases? Do I really need to qualify that I meant highest goal scorer as opposed to somebody who scores wood?

I'm surprised you didn't have to say "Who is the Tottingham Hotspurs' leading point scorer?"

Adam-

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
Ahhhhhh Beta -> public

I've got iOS 6 beta 3 on my iPhone 4, and i've stopped developing and my account has gone out of date, I want to go back to public releases but i can't find it anywhere? If i go through iTunes it says "The resource cannot be found", any ideas?

Ekimalito

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
I've got iOS 6 beta 3 on my iPhone 4, and i've stopped developing and my account has gone out of date, I want to go back to public releases but i can't find it anywhere? If i go through iTunes it says "The resource cannot be found", any ideas?

All public iOS version IPSW's released so far are here

Foxykhat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Just finished downloading and updating. Well Maps found the ONLY city on my tiny island and for that I'm stoked. CONSIDERING Maps is not a huge deal for me. I sort of never even expected to find my Island or anything related. It did also show buildings and the airport.

And I finally got Siri which worked perfectly for what I asked it to do.

Gonna play some more with this and see what else there is to see. YEAH!!!

Foxy

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
I hate to say it, but I'm rather underwhelmed with this update. Honestly the clock app on iPad is the most useful new thing for me. Siri on iPad is nice, but I probably won't use it as much as I do on iPhone.

Don't like any of the app redesigns, Music, Phone Keypad, iTunes and App Stores.

Maps has been discussed plenty.

I've had problems connecting to Wi-Fi at work all day ... worked fine before.

Kaledatheone

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2012
How is it that Apple can get hardware right but software is just underwhelming. I mean seriously they shouldn't be releasing the map app if it's this bad. Keep Google for another until they get it where it needs to be.

Jobs would've had someone's head for the poor quality of software Apple has been dishing out for the past year!

Got burned by iOS4 on my 3G and learned my lesson.
iOS 6 is not going anywhere near my iP4.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Google released one a few days ago... you can get it at the App Store.

It's only available for iPhone. Not for iPad.

----------

I hate to say it, but I'm rather underwhelmed with this update. Honestly the clock app on iPad is the most useful new thing for me. Siri on iPad is nice, probably won't use it as much as on my iPhone though.

Don't like any of the app redesigns, Music, Phone Keypad, iTunes and App Stores.

Maps has been discussed plenty.

I've had problems connecting to Wi-Fi at work all day ... worked fine before.

At least you get Siri. Us iPad 2 didn't get anything useful. I'm so pissed off at apple. The only good update that came from apple was the osx update.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Obviously I don't want ads or tracking...would I toggle Limit Ad Tracking ON to stop this stuff?

anigmad

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2010
New maps app -- no bluetooth audio support??

Anyone else noticed that the turn by turn navigation doesn't seem to have an option to play via bluetooth audio?

Or, I'm missing the option?

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Terrible design on App Store update

If I wanted design this bad, I would just have an Android phone. Seriously, whomever at Apple approved this clustertruck should be fired. I mean, there's nothing defensible about this layout. It's just terrible. Looks ugly, everything competes for your attention, lack of unified design elements.

But I would say, this points to a larger issue at Apple with their software design department. Many iOS 6 apps now have a softer, less-textured look, reminiscent of Mountain Lion. But some are still skeuomorphic horror shows (Reminders, Find My Friends, Compass). There is no unified vision about how Apple apps should present themselves, and in my experience that points to the lack of a creative leader. And that's alarming. Was Steve Jobs really the only guy holding it together? In my opinion, Jony Ive needs to become that design visionary, moving into a role that oversees both the hardware and software departments.

Attachments

• ios6_appstore.jpg
    ios6_appstore.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 86

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Long time iOS fan, this release has me seriously considering a Nexus device to replace my 4S next year. As I was thinking last year, Apple without Jobs is not what it was as Cook isn't the brilliant nutcase that Jobs was...

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Long time iOS fan, this release has me seriously considering a Nexus device to replace my 4S next year. As I was thinking last year, Apple without Jobs is not what it was as Cook isn't the brilliant nutcase that Jobs was...

There are definitely a lot more smartphones and choices out there that you are bound to find the phone that best fits your style. A great thing!

Last edited:

michaeldev789

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
please help

i was wondering if anybody was having a problem with slower sms and imessage speeds and weird wifi connectivity where it disconnects after downloading ios 6 ? please help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.