Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matilde

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
It's usually around $980 for a 2011 baseline 21.5" iMac. Of course there's Apple tax to consider. The B&H is new in box and is a good deal. My friend just got one there.

Thanks. I just pulled the trigger on one. All this delay is making me nervous about quality issues and honestly, I just can't take the wait any longer. $1099 with free shipping and no tax is a nice deal as well.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
I wonder if Apple will do any damage control. It's not like it is an unannounced product after all. But then again Apple is still pretty arrogant over things like this.

Especially with their stock in freefall, you'd think they'd want to at least give SOME news on their products, even though the iMac isn't a huge part of their business...

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Any corroboration for iMac delay rumor?

Has anyone read anything that independently corroborates the rumor on MacBidouille? It's remarkable to me that their brief post citing a "commercial source" has been picked up so widely and gotten so much traction. It's as if some people are eager for any bad news about Apple.

Now, it's certainly possible that the iMac has been delayed until 2013 - after all, even Tim Cook said that the iMac would be "constrained." However, you'd think that there'd be some other evidence of it.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
What worries me is the absence of the new iMac in their recently published Christmas Gift Guide.

Presumably if they were confident of shipping them for Christmas it would be in there ?

I picked up on this too. Not sure if it's an indication of sorts or what.

gCraft0r

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Upgraded internet, new 3tb harddrive. Just want my new ****ing mac and we have been waiting for tooooooo long. This is :apple::mad::mad::mad:

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
i had asked in the 'mega' 2012 delay thread does this French site have a proven track record for rumors that turned out to be true. so far nothing from what i've seen to collaborate the story

sdo1982

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
North Vancouver
Not even a sliver of evidence.
I suspect the publication got hold of the wrong end of the stick when they were told a lot of people would be waiting until 2013 for their iMacs, I suspect BTO 27's were always going to be arriving in the new year.

ali5289

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Nooooooooo

Apple's website has changed their status of upcoming macs to "Coming Soon" from "Coming November"

WrrN

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
I just wanted to chime in. I think it's so funny how quickly everyone jumps down Tim Cook's throat and then over analyzes his position and capabilities.

The blog post on that French website is more than likely "link bait" to help boost their blog's rankings.

There are other options available on the market. Typical PC manufacturers are doing some great things with Windows 8. There's other choices out there other than Apple.

Any little scrap of news or rumor about the 2012 iMac is driving us all into a crazed feeding frenzy of anger.

I just want to point out that there are a handful of support articles on the Apple website that lists the "Late 2012 iMac" in their titles.

At this point we just continue and wait. If there is no 21.5" this month, then we have an issue.

A sane voice in a sea of angst.
Although I must admit, I've gone and priced 2011 models as a plan B option. It stings just to think of buying a 2011 iMac.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Apple's website has changed their status of upcoming macs to "Coming Soon" from "Coming November"

Yeah, I think that the parts that say that always have. It still says November and December on the bottom of the main iMac page, as well as the store page.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
A sane voice in a sea of angst.
Although I must admit, I've gone and priced 2011 models as a plan B option. It stings just to think of buying a 2011 iMac.

Don't do it, hang in there!

When you have that absolutely breathtaking machine sitting on your desk, you'll think, thank god I didn't buy that other "old" machine.
:)

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012

When you have that absolutely breathtaking machine sitting on your desk, you'll think, thank god I didn't buy that other "old" machine.

+1!!!!! Don't buy old computer boys, There's at least one chance to get the iMac before Xmast...........

veryevilash

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012

I didn't buy the 2011 thinking that I'd hate myself because I didn't wait a month to get the latest greatest. I bought it because I could get a great machine at a really good price. I thought it out for days with both specs and machines side by side with price tags after upgrades and getting a 2011 (for what I'm using it for) was the best option for me. But I'm not the type of person who needs the latest, greatest. I'm happy with a machine that even though it's not the current cycle, I'm still am going to get a good 5-7 years out of it.

Last edited:

MsDalfo

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
I didn't buy the 2011 thinking that I'd hate myself because I didn't wait a month to get the latest greatest. I bought it because I could get a great machine at a really good price. I thought it out for days with both specs and machines side by side with price tags after upgrades and getting a 2011 (for what I'm using it for) was the best option for me. But I'm not the type of person who needs the latest, greatest. I'm happy with a machine that even though it's not the current cycle, I'm still am going to get a good 5-7 years out of it.

This was my reasoning as well. Honestly, I kinda wish I had gotten my MBP as a refurb for college years back; I wish I had known it was an option.

davys

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Lanark

Well said Sir, enjoy your new Mac!

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
This was my reasoning as well. Honestly, I kinda wish I had gotten my MBP as a refurb for college years back; I wish I had known it was an option.

I can't get a University discount for the refurb in Spain, so the difference between the refurb and the new one is just +200€. Refurb is not an option for me anyway, I may buy a refurb for <=800€ but nor for 1000€.

I'm gonna wait for Decembre for the new 21.5", If it's nont in the Store, then i will say Hello to Win8. I have decided that if Apple is disposed to lie in the webpage (they say Novembre and Coming soon, next year is not coming soon anyway) I won't be disposed to buy anything.

So...Apple if you want the money I earn with my blood and work... hurry up.

Last edited:

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I hope we won't see the iTunes trick, means they will leave the coming November sign until the end of the very last day of the month.
And hour later announce it will delay anothe month, and will change slogan to December and jan respectively for both machines.
So angry on myself that I didn't bought the iMac 2011 before a year...
( imagine this is the time I wait for the new Mac)

eriqq1

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
As someone already posted this site a time ago, i was visiting it from time to time. It had 21.5 inch mac arrival listed on 11/15. Today it seems they are already shipping out in 3-5 days - perhaps they just have not had time to update the page and this was set by system automatically.

They are also listing 27 inch mac as "Stock expected on December 14th, 2012 "

http://www.streetwise.com.au/apple-mac/imac.html

I know it is just some non-factor reseller, wanted just to bring a bit of positive thinking in here :)

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
I was at the Apple Store today and asked when the new iMac is coming out and he said the "21.5" probably late november and 27" sometime in december" not a big deal or something to take seriously but thought I'd mention it.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

No, for christ's sake. It never said "Coming November" at the top left, it always said "Coming Soon".

The page where you select your model said "Available in November", and has always said "Available in November".

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
They're just saying it, because if they're right, they'll get some praise and people might go to their site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.