Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Safari regardless of the version is just OK. It's biggest problem is that pages reload whenever i swipe back or use the back button. When I want to go to a previous page I want to go back to the previous page where I was at. I do not want to sit around waiting for the page to re-load and then be back at the top of page. Never had these issues with Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer. Heck, name your browser, none of them do this except for Safari.

First make sure you don't have an extension like adblock running because that will refresh history.

If thats not causing your issue then try Debug, Check - Disable per tab web processes. That should give you behavior similar to that of the other browsers you mentioned.

Its hit or miss with me. If I were to back out of this thread I appreciate it showing that I've read it. Some webpages don't seem to cooperate with that very well though.

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
to open closed tabs is "cmd+Z" right?

but this only opens THE last tab closed. It's possible to open more than one?

in chrome for windows it's "ctrl+shift+T". there is any similar in safari?

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I think Safari is buggy as he*l. I continually get beachballs and unresponsive web pages. Close/Quit, and it's good for a little bit and then it's back.

Not sure what the deal is, but Yosemite is the buggiest OS I've used from Apple.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
to open closed tabs is "cmd+Z" right?

Sometimes.

Other times, Command-Z will undo something else

but this only opens THE last tab closed. It's possible to open more than one? …

The Sessions extension allows an autosave interval of one minute or greater. With that preference, you'll have an easy way to reopen any tab that has been open for at least a minute.

Cancelled
Feb 27, 2014
Reloading Pages on Going Back

I have no extensions in Safari. When I read that was a possibility that extensions caused this problem I removed them all. But it did not help.

I have read once that Safari was designed like this to comply with new HTML standards. Does not matter what standard it complies with. Is is still a pain in the @&!**%. Just wish they would provide a preference to eliminate the behavior,

Don

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.