Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Hum... this ad we're discussing here is pointing out a flaw in iOS. Not in iOS users.

And frankly, their other ads don't insult me as an iOS user. I also make fun of the "standing in line for Apple products I've never seen" crowd.

The do seem to make fun of the customers. That said, I'm sure Samsung would love to have crowds for the Galaxy SIV launch even half as long as those in their ads that mock Apple line waiters.

mtliveson

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Boston, MA
I don't think google is really in a hurry to provide a new map app for IOS.

What would google gain from having all the functionality of google maps on the iPhone when they would rather push you to thier operating system.

Revenue from advertising. Google doesn't get a penny from their Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc for using android...it is all about ad space and not having maps on iOS is lost money to them.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
This is great! Very smart for them to take advantage of the situation.

On the contrary.... this isn't being creative, this promo is a no brainer.

Just proves they don't have original creative thoughts.

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
This is great! Very smart for them to take advantage of the situation.

Very smart. There is blood in the water and they are attacking. Apple pulled the same crass marketing tactics on Windows.

Apple had a HUGE multi-year head start. And in 5 years, Forstall and company let iOS idle and now Apple is losing the market it created. Despite what the fangirls say, iOS was not perfection that just needed yearly polishing. It needed to take it's lead and break the competitors backs with updates that others could not catch up with.

:apple:

Zeromancer

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2010
So after they copy the whole apple style.
They now are going to copy apple's old commercials?!

Can they do anything for them selfs?

(ps : people that say that they did not copy apple in product style, Really ? you blind or something)

After the commercial of samsung where they INSULT customers, i have 0 % respect for them anymore. + there TV's are ****.
I have to use a Samsung galaxy for work and boy am i glad when my day is over and go back to my iphone.

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Nice, Apple, nice...

Its great Apple corrected this quickly but what about other user suggested corrections? I sent in a number of reqeusts to fix wrong addresses, wrong locations, etc through the Apple Maps app and nothing has been done about it...

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
On the contrary.... this isn't being creative, this promo is a no brainer.

Just proves they don't have original creative thoughts.

Why would they post this? Like I said before, people take this way too seriously and don't realize Samsung is a business.

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
Funny. Did an Aussie dump you some time ago and break your heart?! ;)

BRLawyer is correct, Australian domestic policy is based on being a good little supplier for China. So I think is an accurate description to call Australia a mining colony.

Look, even the DJs can cause international embarrassment with self-serving pranks, and the people there love it. Then they proceed to drive into the middle of nowhere and almost get killed. Really. Is a funny place down there.

:rolleyes:

strum

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
can't blame Samsung for it... because it's true...till apple fixed it...i hope.

Well it's also true that Samsung builds missiles that kill people. And despite it being true, you don't see Apple running bloody war torn advertisements that state the truth, that if you buy a Samsung phone, you are funding a company that builds weapons to kill women and children.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
I don't think google is really in a hurry to provide a new map app for IOS.

What would google gain from having all the functionality of google maps on the iPhone when they would rather push you to thier operating system.

Maybe the map app will have ads in it? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.