Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROADDOG01

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2007
Better be safe than sorry.
Apple might be fast and release a 6.1.1 update days after the new JB goes public and stop giving out 6.1 blobs in order to stop more devices getting jailbroken.
So update your devices to 6.1 as soon as you can and then use the latest redsnow version •redsn0w 0.9.15b3 to save its blobs.
Redsn0w will save your 6.1 blobs and submit them to Cydias server. First connect your new device and turn it on, then use redsn0w’s Extras->SHSH Blobs->New and point it at the 6.1 IPSW for your device.

Firmware ipsw's for all iphone versions can be downloaded from here:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750
If you have a verizon or sprint iphone 5 you need to download the ipsw that says (5 GSM+CDMA) If you got the AT&T version you will need the ipsw listed as (5 GSM) Try not to download the wrong ipsw file:D

Here's links for ipads: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=8500

And last but not least for the ipod touch: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=757

I wouldnt wait till the day the JB is released to update to 6.1 cause most likelly Apples servers will be slammed with everyone restoring, activating, pulling blobs, jailbreaking etc...
Enjoy:)

IS this jailbreak only for the iphone 5 or will it work on the 4S
Thanks for the info

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Can someone tell me if I have a GSM or CDMA ipad 2 from Rogers Canada?
Thanks
I'm guessing my iphone 5 would be the same.

Shredder96

macrumors regular
May 15, 2012
Better be safe than sorry.
Apple might be fast and release a 6.1.1 update days after the new JB goes public and stop giving out 6.1 blobs in order to stop more devices getting jailbroken.
So update your devices to 6.1 as soon as you can and then use the latest redsnow version •redsn0w 0.9.15b3 to save its blobs.
Redsn0w will save your 6.1 blobs and submit them to Cydias server. First connect your new device and turn it on, then use redsn0w’s Extras->SHSH Blobs->New and point it at the 6.1 IPSW for your device.

Firmware ipsw's for all iphone versions can be downloaded from here:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750
If you have a verizon or sprint iphone 5 you need to download the ipsw that says (5 GSM+CDMA) If you got the AT&T version you will need the ipsw listed as (5 GSM) Try not to download the wrong ipsw file:D

Here's links for ipads: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=8500

And last but not least for the ipod touch: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=757

I wouldnt wait till the day the JB is released to update to 6.1 cause most likelly Apples servers will be slammed with everyone restoring, activating, pulling blobs, jailbreaking etc...
Enjoy:)

Wait-- do I have to update to ios 6.1?? I thought I was doing myself a favor by staying on 6.0 (10A405) :confused:

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I've done the backup and restore in iTunes for iOS 6.1. I've downloaded redsn0w (latest version) and I clicked SHSH blobs > New where I'm required to select the iOS 6.1 .ipsw file which saves the blobs. If I select Fetch I keep getting error with SHSH blobs and doesn't upload to server. I then clicked on Query to see there are no blobs. Is it enough to just have it saved the blobs on my HDD by clicking "New"? Or do I need to use the Fetch command as well?

(I'm doing this on/for iPhone 4)

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Do I have to be on 6.1 to fetch 6.1 blobs to cydia? Or can I stay on 5.x and wait till the JB is alright to update to 6.1?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
It is NOT necessary to upgrade in order to save your SHSH for 6.1. Just download the latest version of TinyUmbrella, released today, to save your SHSH. Semaphore's got you covered.

At this point it doesn't look like updating to 6.1 will prevent jailbreaking, but I'm not risking it. Besides, why bother going stock now if it's not necessary?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

I've done the backup and restore in iTunes for iOS 6.1. I've downloaded redsn0w (latest version) and I clicked SHSH blobs > New where I'm required to select the iOS 6.1 .ipsw file which saves the blobs. If I select Fetch I keep getting error with SHSH blobs and doesn't upload to server. I then clicked on Query to see there are no blobs. Is it enough to just have it saved the blobs on my HDD by clicking "New"? Or do I need to use the Fetch command as well?

The servers may be getting slammed. If you're sure you saved them properly then check back soon using query.

Also, save them locally to your computer just in case.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
It is NOT necessary to upgrade in order to save your SHSH for 6.1. Just download the latest version of TinyUmbrella, released today, to save your SHSH. Semaphore's got you covered.

At this point it doesn't look like updating to 6.1 will prevent jailbreaking, but I'm not risking it.

The JB devs gave the nod to update to ios6.1 via iTunes...

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Do I have to be on 6.1 to fetch 6.1 blobs to cydia? Or can I stay on 5.x and wait till the JB is alright to update to 6.1?

No apple just needs to be signing it.

----------

At this point it doesn't look like updating to 6.1 will prevent jailbreaking, but I'm not risking it.

I would say its safer to update to 6.1 than not,

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

If you're trying to save your blobs to Cydias server click new. Not fetch.

----------

And another update to TU...

What did that do?

Most likely fixed the iPhone 4 bugs.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I would say its safer to update to 6.1 than not,

Nonsense. By staying on 5.1.1 I am guaranteed that I will always be able to restore my iPhone to a jailbreakable version no matter what Apple does or whether the new jailbreak is ever released. Once I update to 6.1, there's simply no going back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.