Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Do you have any signal or GPS changes AT all? Usually it's hard to get a metal case to not affect either signal or GPS.
Sounds like I have exactly what you're describing... ;)

Here is my iPhone 5 with:
• Element Case Sector 5
• Spigen Glas.t Tempered Glass Screen Protector
• Spigen Steinheil Back Panel Protection Film (Crystal & Matte Film Combo)
• AdaptationLA Neon Yellow Rim Skin & Gel Button

-Shane :D

----------

Thank you sir! I'm loving my Sector 5 to its fullest, and I couldn't be happier. :p

-Shane

cdhoward

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
Sounds like I have exactly what you're describing... ;)

Here is my iPhone 5 with:
• Element Case Sector 5
• Spigen Glas.t Tempered Glass Screen Protector
• Spigen Steinheil Back Panel Protection Film (Crystal & Matte Film Combo)
• AdaptationLA Neon Yellow Rim Skin & Gel Button

-Shane :D

Ours will eventually look similar (whenever my case decides to arrive - Nov 15 shipping). I ordered the Adaption rim skin and gel button and they arrived today. I haven't installed them yet. Waiting on other options as well as my S5 to arrive.

Did you consider sticker boy's extreme fit? I love that they have cut outs for each speaker hole. I'd go with them if I could get a button from them by itself, but you have to get their full package to get a button and I don't want to spend double the money just to get a yellow button from them to perfectly match their rim skin. I do, however, have the aluminum buttons coming from Spigen, so perhaps, I wouldn't even need to go with a yellow button and I could go with their yellow extreme fit side skin and an aluminum button...

Oh, the perils of customization! :cool:

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Can't understand how there's no one else wanting the silver standard edition. I bet it will look sweet as a jewel.

I can understand people with the black one..maybe it's not the same with silver + black?

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
I'm having real issues deciding on colour lol...

I've changed my mind like 10 times already

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Black...

I love the look of the black case, looks mean (and would go great with a coloured wrap)... But then I think it looks almost too understated for such a nice design.

Silver really shows the case up nicely and on its own looks brilliant, but is perhaps too bright and contrasting with a black phone.

The graphite flux looks nice too and falls somewhere in between... But not quite as interesting maybe.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I agree. It's a hard decision to make , now that's for sure.

I can't put my finger on it but there is something with the FE edition I'm disliking. It's a strange color but still it's emerging unique. I'm very certain that ill go with the silver for the white one but for the black it would rather be a hard pick.

The gun flux comes off as toyish in my eyes. Personally I'm not seeing it on either of the colors. It's a strange color. But still it has this simple gray tone if you look at it on a distance. I'm not too sure. Maybe we will get more users comments on this.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Oh btw! If anyone has a preorder code I would be very glad if anyone could throw me one.
I really wanna order mine anytime soon:D

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Can you buy just the ultrasuede back sticker? I don't see it on their site for the 5.

Don't think so. It's exclusive for the Sector package.
You can always try by contacting their support. I doubt it though.

----------

Thank you! Altho, you could've taken it in pm :( Now I'm sure someone else will use that code.

Btw guys, I can't see any options to choose from colors yet. Is there even an option or pre-orders aren't available for standard edition?

cdhoward

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012

----------

Thank you! Altho, you could've taken it in pm :( Now I'm sure someone else will use that code.

Btw guys, I can't see any options to choose from colors yet. Is there even an option or pre-orders aren't available for standard edition?

The option for colors is there once you click on the link.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
The new link shows the colors. Honestly I would wait and do it legit. They may cancel your order and never let you answer again.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008

Is it just me or is it impossible to order silver using your link. I went through the order right up to committing and couldn't see the choice option. Is it the very, very end or did I miss it?

Oops I didn't read far enough I guess others see the problem.

Also are all the colors currently flux finish? I was hoping for silver anodized, a more shiny (polished) look. Flat silver would look almost off white. In their Facebook picture collection there is an anodized silver that I liked next to a sector 4.
527541_535518979798606_953808317_n.jpg

Last edited:

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Yea the new link will give you 3 choices. I went with black. It's sharp as hell!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 61

cdhoward

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
From my email invite in regards to color options:

You can now choose between the Gun Metal flux finish of the First Edition, or the Black Flux and Silver Flux finish on our 2 new Sector 5 Standard Editions.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
From my email invite in regards to color options:

You can now choose between the Gun Metal flux finish of the First Edition, or the Black Flux and Silver Flux finish on our 2 new Sector 5 Standard Editions.

That says to me that the silver SE addition is flux and is flat like the gunmetal FE addition. It is in no way glossy like the picture above. I can't wait to see pictures.

The order from the link above indicates only FE in the three colors but there is no way to choose other colors than gun metal.

cdhoward

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
That says to me that the silver SE addition is flux and is flat like the gunmetal FE addition. It is in no way glossy like the picture above. I can't wait to see pictures.

The order from the link above indicates only FE in the three colors but there is no way to choose other colors than gun metal.

The one in the picture is just a prototype and I believe I read somewhere (can't find it now) that it was just polished aluminum.

ShaneXman

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2009
Ok, here is what that link indicates as far as colors go:

The finish on the limited Sector 5 FE is your choice of dark Graphite Grey, silver, or black with our proprietary Flux finish that is satin smooth to the touch. Each FE case is laser engraved with a special insignia on the inside of the case.

From my understanding, the "FLUX Dark Graphite Grey" was the only color the "FE" (First Edition) would be available in, and the "FLUX Black" and "FLUX Silver" would be considered "SE" or Standard Edition colors.

Either way though, here is what they look like...

FLUX Dark Graphite Grey:
API5-1014-XX11-2.jpg

API5-1014-XX11-3.jpg

API5-1014-XX11-4.jpg

API5-1014-XX11-5.jpg

FLUX Black:
API5-1014-XX11-6.jpg

API5-1014-XX11-7.jpg

API5-1014-XX11-8.jpg

FLUX Silver:
API5-1014-XX11-9.jpg

API5-1014-XX11-10.jpg

API5-1014-XX11-11.jpg

I hope this helps! Cheers. :D

-Shane

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Ok, here is what that link indicates as far as colors go:

From my understanding, the "FLUX Dark Graphite Grey" was the only color the "FE" (First Edition) would be available in, and the "FLUX Black" and "FLUX Silver" would be considered "SE" or Standard Edition colors.

Either way though, here is what they look like...

I hope this helps! Cheers. :D

-Shane

Thanks everyone. I was actually going to get both silver and grey, but if they're all flux finish I'll stay with the grey on my white phone. It's funny that they call the silver and black Standard additions but they have the raised first addition logos.

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012

----------

I just clicked on the link and see that it doesnt have the option. I am really not sure why. I originally signed up with 3 different emails because i was going to get one for me, my brother, and gf. However, the gf decided she didn't want it after see the price (she said i can just buy her shoes, lol). When i ordered it, from what i remember it had the option to choose. However, i did order the first edition grey but ended up changing my mind to get the silver one. I was fighting with myself back and forth between the grey and the silver, but in the end decided that the silver would just flow better with a white iphone.

I am sure you can just order it, and if it doesnt allow you to choose the color you want. After you order, email them from the account you created to order the case and let them know that you want to change colors. I got a response within a day, so they are really quick. Sorry for not pm-ing the link, but hope no one else used it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.