Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Using iOS 7 has the same effect as staring at the snow on the ground for too long.

They need to change this god awful design because it is just completely lack luster and there are no defining lines between one element to the next with the onslaught of the white and light grey combination all over the interface.

The Calender APP = LAME

Notepad = LAME

Reminders = LAME

Safari = LAME

Contacts = LAME

News Stand = WOW..How f**cking Gay is that?

Text Message = Totally LAME

To the yes the yes men and hot pockets generations who adore this O.S...You people actually like this nonsense?

Lintott

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Incompetence

Just one word really.

Incompetence.

Steve would never have let this happen.

Apple has lost it and is turning into a Microsoft type looser.

I have been using Apple products for 20+ years and I find this release worrying and disappointing.

General functionality improvements in IOS7 seems largely OK though, but the chosen theme looks is horrible.

Sell your Apple stock.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Using iOS 7 has the same effect as staring at the snow on the ground for too long.

They need to change this god awful design because it is just completely lack luster and there are no defining lines between one element to the next with the onslaught of the white and light grey combination all over the interface.

The Calender APP = LAME

Notepad = LAME

Reminders = LAME

Safari = LAME

Contacts = LAME

News Stand = WOW..How f**cking Gay is that?

Text Message = Totally LAME

To the yes the yes men and hot pockets generations who adore this O.S...You people actually like this nonsense?

The newstand app is "gay"? That's mature. Using the word gay to describe an app means that you must be 16 or below...

People get over it. iOS is different. It needed a redesign. Yes it's bright and colorful. Yes, most people like it. You are the minority if you hate it. Go elsewhere. Goodbye.

zBoost

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
that is the new "energy saving" by apple:

Make the the new Design so bright, that the users will almost turn off backgroundlight
and taaadaaaaaa! The new os7 brings so much more batterylife ;)
Well reality proves wrong for the battery life being increased :D

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Just one word really.

Incompetence.

I have been using Apple products for 20+ years and I find this release worrying and disappointing.

General functionality improvements in IOS7 seems largely OK though, but the chosen theme looks is horrible.

Sell your Apple stock.

Cool story...

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Just one word really.

Incompetence.

Sell your Apple stock.

I find it worrying that you spell loser as looser, loser.

kipnosky

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
That amount of white on a large ipad screen is just too much. I am already thinking if alternatives.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Something I've noticed regarding the whiteness is that I can feel my eyes strain more when the white keyboard appears Vs. the darker one. And when the white keyboard is against a white background (messages) that really starts to hurt. The thinner font doesn't help either.

I wish the keyboard font would get bolder when the Bold font pref is chose in Settings. It would be also nice to choose to have the darker keyboard appear all the time.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Something I've noticed regarding the whiteness is that I can feel my eyes strain more when the white keyboard appears Vs. the darker one. And when the white keyboard is against a white background (messages) that really starts to hurt. The thinner font doesn't help either.

I wish the keyboard font would get bolder when the Bold font pref is chose in Settings. It would be also nice to choose to have the darker keyboard appear all the time.

I agree with you. I think it's an eye strain for all people who wear glasses and contact lenses. I have tried the bold text thing and brightness low etc then I dunno if it's just my contact in my right eye. Left one seems okay. I tried without glasses and it's fine and with glasses it's fine too. However strange thing is iMessage seems okay when typing etc it's only that green in the text messages that seems to be giving me a slight issue. I guess it's just a matter of trying to adjust. But the good thing is that whatsapp and kik messenger etc shows the original keyboard. So I guess I may find myself using what'sapp to text instead of normal messages.

co22

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
Washington DC area
I agree with you. I think it's an eye strain for all people who wear glasses and contact lenses. I have tried the bold text thing and brightness low etc then I dunno if it's just my contact in my right eye. Left one seems okay. I tried without glasses and it's fine and with glasses it's fine too. However strange thing is iMessage seems okay when typing etc it's only that green in the text messages that seems to be giving me a slight issue. I guess it's just a matter of trying to adjust. But the good thing is that whatsapp and kik messenger etc shows the original keyboard. So I guess I may find myself using what'sapp to text instead of normal messages.

You're absolutely right! I've become accustomed to everything else in iOS7 but I just can't deal with the green in text message, either. Apple, please fix this or give us the ability to pick our own colors for Messages. :eek:

vcao

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
ios 7.1 beta dark keyboard plus reduce transparency makes me dream of a dark theme like whoa.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 187

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
ios 7.1 beta dark keyboard plus reduce transparency makes me dream of a dark theme like whoa.
It also adds a darker text option, as well as enhances the effects of the bold text option. With all that and perhaps increase contrast hopefully things will be even better for those having some issues with the fonts/etc.

jblagden

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2013
I totally agree. It seems like everything is white. Hate the notes look. I so wish there were options for some themes. The bright white makes me tired. Otherwise I like the changes.
I’d be happy if they went back to skeuomorphism.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.