Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
How tight/loose is everyone wearing theirs? I keep change it day to day from tight to looser :p

Might need a half link size!

PocketTrinkets

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
New York
How tight/loose is everyone wearing theirs? I keep change it day to day from tight to looser :p

Might need a half link size!

I found that by switching to have more links on my pinky side, I get a more comfortable fit than if I had the links be even on each side where it felt tighter at that point. It also keeps the watch more centered on my wrist and gives a more accurate heart rate measurement when it's comfortably snug.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 598
Last edited:

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Anyone else feel like it's hard to swap the bands on these watches? I had to use so much force to get my link out, even after disconnecting a link, that when I did it came back at the watch and caused a hairline scratch!

On a separate note does everyone where the link when working out or do you switch to a sport band??

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I found that by switching to have more links on my pinky side, I get a more comfortable fit than if I had the links be even on each side where it felt tighter at that point. It also keeps the watch more centered on my wrist and gives a more accurate heart rate measurement when it's comfortably snug.

Do you notice any marks in your skin when taking it off?

I have been playing around with adding a link but it really isn't that snug when I have an extra link on the pinky side. It also slides slightly which I think was irritating my skin so I am back to an even number on both sides.

To the other poster: my links come out pretty easily when I hold the button down. I've gotten better at it since I've been demoing it to people.

Also I just got a white sport I will try for my next workout. I've worked out 3 times with the links and it worked fine. I'm not sure what sweat and stuff will do the links however

PocketTrinkets

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
New York

I have been playing around with adding a link but it really isn't that snug when I have an extra link on the pinky side. It also slides slightly which I think was irritating my skin so I am back to an even number on both sides.

To the other poster: my links come out pretty easily when I hold the button down. I've gotten better at it since I've been demoing it to people.

Also I just got a white sport I will try for my next workout. I've worked out 3 times with the links and it worked fine. I'm not sure what sweat and stuff will do the links however

I have slight marks from where the sensors are for the heart rate monitoring and some faint lines from the band, but nothing to where it's uncomfortable or cutting circulation. I can slide a finger under with no issue. When I added a link it moved around way too much and was a bit annoying. I'm going to pickup a sport band for exercising because I feel like it'll be more comfortable when I'm sweating.

Here's another angle if you wanted to see the way it fits me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 586
Reactions: Trin813

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I have slight marks from where the sensors are for the heart rate monitoring and some faint lines from the band, but nothing to where it's uncomfortable or cutting circulation. I can slide a finger under with no issue. When I added a link it moved around way too much and was a bit annoying. I'm going to pickup a sport band for exercising because I feel like it'll be more comfortable when I'm sweating.

Two questions:
1) I can't tell from the pictures, but if you hold your wrist up like you are looking at the watch, is there some slack in the band where you can clearly see through to the other side from the side of the wrist?
2) Did you use to wear a link bracelet before the apple watch.

I'm juggling between not having worn in a watch in like 15 years and trying to find the proper fit

parallax33

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Chandler's Ford, UK
Anyone else feel like it's hard to swap the bands on these watches? I had to use so much force to get my link out, even after disconnecting a link, that when I did it came back at the watch and caused a hairline scratch!

That should come off if you rub it with WD-40 and a microfibre

----------

This is the best shot I have seen so far. Nice one!

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Space Black owners thread.

I noticed some faint band lines and sensor marks last night when I took the band off. I kind of discounted it as me not being accustomed to wearing a watch most of the day. I am like a few here in that 6 links are loose, 7 tight. I have no doubt it is ever so slightly tight but otherwise it moves up and down my wrist.

Like you I'm concerned about sweat and the links long terms. If sweat binds up the digital crown imagine all those small parts in the link coated in sweat.

----------

----------

I don't have any around but I'll pick some up next time out and let you know how it works.

PocketTrinkets

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
New York
Two questions:
1) I can't tell from the pictures, but if you hold your wrist up like you are looking at the watch, is there some slack in the band where you can clearly see through to the other side from the side of the wrist?
2) Did you use to wear a link bracelet before the apple watch.

I'm juggling between not having worn in a watch in like 15 years and trying to find the proper fit

---- Yes there is slack in the band. I've worn many link bands with my watches prior to this and I usually prefer a bit of a snug fit so this isn't that much different for me to get used to.

I collect pocket watches and have a small collection of wrist watches so I'm used to many different types of watch bands but I usually keep them so they're not on me very loose. I'm sure after wearing it for a couple of weeks you'll get use to having something on your wrist again.

----------

Thanks! :]

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Just checking in. Finally got mine on Friday before the Memorial Day weekend. Love everything about it. First day back at work today and people are stopping by because they 'heard about it'. Lots of oohs and ahhs...a great watch. Beautiful and fun.

The link bracelet fit perfectly, but after reading all the talk in this thread, it feels a little loose now...must all be in my head.

To be sweet, my wife bought me a black sport band for working out..but she didn't realize there was a pin difference...it was a generous gift so I didn't say anything about it. It's hardly noticeable.

Really liking the looks of the green sport band - may splurge for that next.

I was really glad to have this for the holiday weekend.

TheMilko

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2014
Nottingham, UK
I've had my 42mm SSSB for 5 days now and I find the link bracelet really comfortable. My usual watch was a Raymond Weil electro gold plated bracelet, which is considerately thinner.

Everyone was seen it, as commented on the finish and how it's not too blingy and in your face, like some smart watches are.

Today, I visited my local Apple retail store (Sheffield, UK), to purchase Apple Care+ and when the assistance asked which one I'd purchased, I showed her my SSSB and she explained it was the 1st one she'd seen in real life (not including the display models), she then shouted over a few of her colleagues to have a look and they made a real fuss of it.

When we finally got home, after a mammoth 12 hour shopping session, the postman had been and delivered my White Sports band and considering the fact, that I may be opening myself up to criticism, I think it goes quite well.

Reactions: 01silver4

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I've had my 42mm SSSB for 5 days now and I find the link bracelet really comfortable. My usual watch was a Raymond Weil electro gold plated bracelet, which is considerately thinner.

Everyone was seen it, as commented on the finish and how it's not too blingy and in your face, like some smart watches are.

Today, I visited my local Apple retail store (Sheffield, UK), to purchase Apple Care+ and when the assistance asked which one I'd purchased, I showed her my SSSB and she explained it was the 1st one she'd seen in real life (not including the display models), she then shouted over a few of her colleagues to have a look and they made a real fuss of it.

When we finally got home, after a mammoth 12 hour shopping session, the postman had been and delivered my White Sports band and considering the fact, that I may be opening myself up to criticism, I think it goes quite well.

[url=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j460/TheMilko/Apple%20Watch/image.jpg19_zps2jgfvhpj.jpg~original]Image[/URL]
[url=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j460/TheMilko/Apple%20Watch/image.jpg21_zpsuwgdpn3b.jpg~original]Image[/URL]
I
I got the white sport band too. I think it looks great in person and it's very comfortable. The black link is stealthy while the white band pops a lot more.

Do black and white ever not go well together?

amozo

macrumors member
May 20, 2015
I got a pre-ordered 42 from a friend and it should be here Monday, June 1st! I can hardly wait.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005

I've done the same thing (silver stainless link).

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Great pictures guys!

I too have more links on my little finger side. Centralizes the clasp.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Has anyone found dark marks on the band? I'm not sure it's really a scratch as I don't see any stainless steel color.

It's only noticeable when light shines off of it a certain way.

I've tried windex and wd40 to try and remove it but neither worked.

Trying to determine if this is normal wear and tear or maybe something out of the box? It's on the third link toward my thumb which is a really odd spot because it doesn't hit anything.

herb666

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Has anyone found dark marks on the band? I'm not sure it's really a scratch as I don't see any stainless steel color.

It's only noticeable when light shines off of it a certain way.

I've tried windex and wd40 to try and remove it but neither worked.

Trying to determine if this is normal wear and tear or maybe something out of the box? It's on the third link toward my thumb which is a really odd spot because it doesn't hit anything.

Can you post a picture?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.