Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiartrop

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
It's a big decision between PixelSkin HD and SwitchEasy Tones for me.

Apparently both cases have had early design problems. Both companies claim they've ironed out the problems. SwitchEasy Tones has a 2 year warranty. Just take a photo of your broken case and they will ship a new one.

I'm leaning toward the Tones case...

I got tones before pixelskin. The former is slimmer but it's harder to get the phone out. It also gets stained fairly easily. But I'm most annoyed with the hard back... It makes the vibration louder.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I read somewhere that the grey Pixelskin HD doesn't have the looseness problem.
Is that true? :confused:

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I read somewhere that the grey Pixelskin HD doesn't have the looseness problem.
Is that true? :confused:

The looseness problem has been fixed already. You just have to hope that you get an updated one. There is no way to know what you will get until you put it on.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
The looseness problem has been fixed already. You just have to hope that you get an updated one. There is no way to know what you will get until you put it on.

Does the updated version come in a box with "for iPhone 5" on it, instead of "for New iPhone"?
So, are all cases that come with "for iPhone 5" on the box the ones that fit well?

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Does the updated version come in a box with "for iPhone 5" on it, instead of "for New iPhone"?
So, are all cases that come with "for iPhone 5" on the box the ones that fit well?

Not necessarily. The "for New iPhone" was made before the iPhone 5's name was publicly announced, so I would guess that they changed the wording after the announcing of the iPhone 5. Although, I would say you have a better chance to get an updated one with "for iPhone 5".

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Not necessarily. The "for New iPhone" was made before the iPhone 5's name was publicly announced, so I would guess that they changed the wording after the announcing of the iPhone 5. Although, I would say you have a better chance to get an updated one with "for iPhone 5".

Ok, thanks for your reaction!
I will look of the case I get is the new version and if it fits well.
Lets hope it does! ;)

Could anyone post some pics of a black iPhone 5 with a grey Pixelskin HD? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.