Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Or maybe they thought someone else was more worthy, heaven forbid :rolleyes:

If you hadn't noticed, not everyone in the world shares the exact same opinion about everything.

It's not about having a different opinion. This MR article simply announces that Steve Jobs was named Fortune's CEO of the decade. It is what it is. Even if you don't like Steve Jobs, you still can't argue that he doesn't deserve the award. It's a simple fact. There's no opinion involved.

John Doe 57

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Yesterday, Jeff Goodell came to my english class. He is a writer for Rolling Stone magazine. He worked at Apple for a while when he was young - this was in the '80s. He said how boring it was and how the company was going nowhere. He talked about how Steve Jobs would run around the store barefoot.

This company has really come a long way since its debut! I've been a proud user since 1990. Never once did I have a virus.

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
It's not about having a different opinion. This MR article simply announces that Steve Jobs was named Fortune's CEO of the decade. It is what it is. Even if you don't like Steve Jobs, you still can't argue that he doesn't deserve the award. It's a simple fact. There's no opinion involved.

Ahh, but in our ridiculous society full of political correctness and not wanting to hurt feelings, everybody gets to voice an opinion.

But seriously, you are right on. He won the award. Who cares if people think he shouldn't have?

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
He was so smug in his salesman days, he almost knows he was destined for greatness.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/fortune/0911/gallery.jobs_business_leaders.fortune/index.html

If you look at the also-rans, it's no surprise that SJ was the winner. What a lame selection. Half of them are criminals and/or have ruined the financial system. The other half is just filthy rich and hasn't really done anything with a lasting impact during the last 10 years. Bernie Madoff, Carlos Slim and Martha Stewart? Seriously. Alan Greenspan wasn't even a CEO, he is just a totally overhyped follower of raw capitalism.

The only other good choice was Larry Page & Sergey Brin.

Bill Gates was also on that list, and he certainly had more impact on more people than Steve Jobs and Larry Page and Sergey Brin combined.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
I can say with all certainty... YOU WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, SEE THIS HAPPEN TO STEVE BALLMER HAHAHAHA! :p

Congrats Steve! Well deserved! :D

Now, after you add another tally to the resume with the Tablet next year, give me a call and lets chat about your future ventures outside Apple with me! :cool:

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
Anyone who can reel in ridiculous profit margins and leave customers begging for more must know what he is doing.

TheSlush

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2007
New York, NY
The reason why Apple is so successful is because Steve loves it, and doesn't do it for the money. This is why they often make good decisions that other companies would never make!

EXACTLY. To you naysayers, sure, money is part of the game, and Jobs of course wants to SELL... A LOT. But he is not driven by money. If he were, he wouldn't be willing to kill a product launch at the last minute because it's not up to his standards. He doesn't have to worry about money. He personally has a mountain of cash, and Apple has its own mountain of cash. And as for making money for the shareholders, do you really think he's sitting at his desk all worried, thinking, "But... but... what will the SHAREHOLDERS think??" Please. Wake up.

Jobs is driven by something a lot deeper than money, folks. If you don't realize that, you haven't been paying attention.

Bill Gates was also on that list, and he certainly had more impact on more people than Steve Jobs and Larry Page and Sergey Brin combined.

Yeah... for the worse. ;)

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
In related Steve news, Steve Ballmer was awarded a "This Guy Actually Runs A Company???" Lifetime Achievement Award.

My hat is off to Jobs. Whether or not he's the type of guy I'd like to have lunch with (probably not), he's an extraordinary leader of an extraordinary company.

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
OK, where's the petition?? "Steve Jobs as CEO of the Decade"?? That's just plain wrong!

It should be "Steve Jobs CEO of the Millennium" since obviously nobody else is going to be able to beat him in the next 990 years. ;)

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
3 pages in and we have yet to hear what an egomaniac ****** Jobs is, how he exploits Chinese kids in his factories, how he doesn't care about charities, and how Bill Gates, "Human Being of the...All Time," is single-handedly saving the entire African continent via a secret new touchscreen Windows 7 device from his $150 million lair on Lake Washington?

The trolls are starting to get lazy...

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Good for him, he certainly deserves it for transforming several industries.

From the Personal Computer, Computer Animation, Music Industry, Smart Phone Industry, and Retail, he is a true visionary,

and an extraordinary leader with a remarkable sphere of achievements - congratulations!

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
He is one of my inspirations. Way to go! Apple is an amazing company and Steve Jobs is a great CEO. They have been sooooo successful over the years.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
3 pages in and we have yet to hear what an egomaniac ****** Jobs is, how he exploits Chinese kids in his factories, how he doesn't care about charities, and how Bill Gates, "Human Being of the...All Time," is single-handedly saving the entire African continent via a secret new touchscreen Windows 7 device from his $150 million lair on Lake Washington?

The trolls are starting to get lazy...

One can only hope....

lllll

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
Steve Jobs is a handsome guy in his 30s. Nice long black hair.

Now...... meh! :rolleyes: :D

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
The perfect early Christmas gift for an egotistical ---hole.

LOL. If you were capable of turning around a company from near-bankruptcy and making it worth 170 BILLION dollars in 10 years, then you'd probably have an ego too. Instead, you troll a forum and try to pretend like you're even worth cleaning the man's toilet. You provide nothing in the same galaxy as Steve Jobs, and still think you can criticize at all? Now who's the egotistical ---hole?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.