Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
The majority of cell phone users are not on smart phones.

This survey is like saying "100% of Americans want to go to outer-space"

Well yeah, duh- that doesn't mean that nut over at Virgin should get to work building more space shuttles because 99% of that 100% could never afford the trip.

A lot of people "want" stuff. Paying for it is another story.

dbales

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2009
I'll be in that 41 percentile. I've dropped my iPhone 1st Gen just too many times now. Haven't upgraded my iOS since v2. I think it's time. :D

Tigger11

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
Rocket City, USA
lets be clear about this.

the next iPhone iteration will sell

in other news,
http://blogs.barrons.com/techtrader...eries-sees-ipad-cuts-ups-estimates-on-iphone/

iPad3 is coming in January! but will not have a Retina Display.

iPad 3 isnt coming out in January, and it surely isnt coming out without a Retina display, this is Barrons making up more to act like they are in the loop. Do you honestly believe Apple made 1 Million Ipad 2-HD, and then decided not to take them to market, but reused the parts? Thats what they are saying here? Their predictions are wrong, now they are making up cancellations to explain why their predictions were wrong, and trying to hurt sales of the Ipad in Q1 (Oct-Dec) so there Tablet predictions which have been shredded by the collapse of the competition look closer then they really are. The comparisions we are going to see in the "tablet" market articles next are going to IOS vs everyone soon so they can count the firesale HPs as "other" and look like IOS isnt ruling the market.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

TallGuy1970 said:
I wish MR would stop putting that picture up with every iPhone story. It will just make it that much harder on October 4 when the new phone is announced and it looks just like the current phone. :(

You got that right!

At this point I will be down right mad if they dissapoint!

It's one thing to have complete secrecy and media events and wow everybody but it's another to hOld a press conference to not show off something impressive!

And again, that's why they ate having a press conference because they are going to wow us.

iCrizzo

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
Burlington, VT
The teardrop model won't be very popular. It'll be awkward rotating it to play landscape-style games like Angry Birds and We Rule, since one side will be thicker than the other.

I only hold my phone with one hand when I play games.. the other hand, I use my finger to pull back the sling shot on a game like Angry Birds.

repthrd

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2011
I will be buying the new iPhone if it is the "iPhone 5" ie..larger screen and more powerful processor etc, (also assuming it comes to Sprint). I currently have an EVO and I love the size of the device. My screen is currently cracked like a spiderweb, but is totally usable still touchscreen and all.

If the iPhone 5 is the update everyone hopes it is then I will be in that percentile purchasing and probably one of many Sprint customer converting, but if it is minor and still the same size it is very tempting for me to wait for the Nexus Prime if its specs hold up and it is released in November.

mostlygenius

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
LTE or Bust!

I'm holding out until LTE enabled iPhone and iPad.

When is that coming?

When is the iCloud going to offer VoIP as a service... and we can just get LTE data plan?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This is Page 2 stuff here, if worth posting at all.

Tony

Tony, do you see a Page 2? There hasn't been a Page 2 for quite some time.

This website posts Apple related news and rumors. Do you understand that? They're doing their job. Apple bloggers writing about Apple. Imagine that!

heisetax

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2004
Omaha, NE
This is just a 15 second list, try yours!

The only problem with this survey is that it's a lie. If 41% of people wanted to get iPhone what exactly prevented them to do so already?

Money, need, common sense, carrier does not have the iPhone, long lines, already own an Android smartphone, already own an iPhone, will not buy anything made in China, does not like Apple the company, just wanted to say they wanted one, wanted to skew the survey, wanted to give people something new to prove with numbers, really love the Windows Phone 7 better than the iOS system, found out that the battery can not easily be changed, changed their mind when they found no memory card slot, or just plain to smart (dumb) to operate a smart phone.

----------

We're those people offered candy or something to say yes ?

People tend to want to answer surveys in the manor they think the survey takers want them answered.

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2008
The adjective, redesigned, in the title of this article is vastly misleading. It implies that people would ONLY buy if it were redesigned.

Besides that, most of these surveys are basically worthless as they are so vague. You can make any survey sound good to someone.

adamtore

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2011
Sweden
That means that 59% have the brains to wait to see the phone first before actully buying it.

Thats a good number!

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
I can't wait until it's 100% and everyone in the country has an iPhone. That will be so cool!! We'll all be superior and elitist! But what good does it do? Alas, we'll all be the same. Again.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Too bad it won't be redesigned, took them 3 years to make a redesign, they will sit on this ip4 design until at least another generation...

Anyone who knows apple, will know that they don't like changes...

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

AppleScruff1 said:
I can't wait until it's 100% and everyone in the country has an iPhone. That will be so cool!! We'll all be superior and elitist! But what good does it do? Alas, we'll all be the same. Again.

Apple would be able to put the crappiest phone they could out and the cellphone industry, in effect, would return to 2004.

Darwing said:
Too bad it won't be redesigned, took them 3 years to make a redesign, they will sit on this ip4 design until at least another generation...

Anyone who knows apple, will know that they don't like changes...

You mean Apple isn't really catering to each and every whim of the MRs community, like most readers think?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Dp

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011

This would be a nightmare if this were to happen. Since Apple is a corporation, whose primary responsibility is to make money for their shareholders, all innovation would cease. Apple would be able to put the crappiest phone they could out and the cellphone industry, in effect, would return to 2004.

But we want everyone to own Apple products and we want all competition to go out of business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.